Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The club has always been at the forefront of recruiting the best young talent which was initialed by Micheal Emanelo , KDB, Big Nose are examples of being recruited and sent out on loan to gain experience because they had no chance of making the 1st team when signed.

Now it is the case of any of the players signed in the current and previous transfer window could be a first team starter, because there is no competition or top quality players 

My dear Mr Gizmo,

I hope you’re well. 

No top quality players? We have some top quality players and who’s to say the new ones won’t be too?

Yours sincerely,

C_M

11 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Or it's more like ADL being ADL and wanting £100m+ for his star players, just as he always does and has done for years now. 

Not at all, its down to how much a player can earn and where the club standing in Europe.

Hypothetically: If ourselves and say Manure agree a fee with Napoli, who do you thing will offer the best package to the player? 

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Now it is the case of any of the players signed in the current and previous transfer window could be a first team starter, because there is no competition or top quality players 

It's almost as if we're rebuilding with a focus on youth talent.

I don't even know why I bother engaging with you at times, you enjoy being difficult just to be different. 

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not at all, its down to how much a player can earn and where the club standing in Europe.

Hypothetically: If ourselves and say Manure agree a fee with Napoli, who do you thing will offer the best package to the player? 

You are basing this on the deals we have done. We have not negotiated for a top number 9 coming off the back of a title winning season. Osimhen would be currently regarded in a tier above the likes of Mudryk, Nkunku, Enzo for example. 
No reason why we cannot compete in that hypothetical scenario. I don’t believe it upsets any Apple cart either, cos Osimhen is not comparable with players we have . Neither would Kane as another example. 

Edited by Thiago97

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Yeah, you're right. An owner with a public history of demanding massive fees for his star players over the years ain't it, it's the TBSP's cap on wages being the impassable hurdle...

Please. 

17 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

No top quality players? We have some top quality players and who’s to say the new ones won’t be too?

Yours sincerely,

C_M

Chilly is the only player in our squad who has played in a title challenging/winning team. Out of the rest,  i'd say James and Silva are good enough for a title challenging team. All the others have it all to prove in terms of being top class premiership players.

So, let me see if I have this right. We go for a 4-2-3-1 in defence transitioning to a 3-5-2 in attack with a midfield dropping deep and backs moving forward, and Nkunku looking to support the striker or something like it.

--------------------------------Kepa/Slonina/Bettinelli

RJ/Gusto----Fofana/Silva/Chalobah----Badiashile/Colwell/Sarr----Chilly/Maatsen/Cucu

------Caicedo(?)/Chukwuemeka/Santos-----Gallagher/Enzo/Hall

--Madueke/Moreira------------Nunku-----------Mudryck/Sterling

----------------------------Jackson/Broja

Datro goes on loan along with some of the dev squad maybe to Salzburg and we sell or try to sell Azpi, Mount, Lukaku, PAE, Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO and  Baba Rahman.

Edited by Sciatika

24 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Chilly is the only player in our squad who has played in a title challenging/winning team. Out of the rest,  i'd say James and Silva are good enough for a title challenging team. All the others have it all to prove in terms of being top class premiership players.

Yeah, but that’s not to say they deserve to be written off before they have kicked a ball. So we do have quality players - Mr Gizmo seemed to think we don’t. We do. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

100%

Absolutely no leadership in the current squad.

I agree too, at the moment it's being entirely overlooked, and that was part of Poch's downfall at Spurs in that the team was mentally weak. No real leader, and no one who could handle the pressure themselves let alone take the rest of the squad's pressure too; a team need 5-6 solid and experienced players.

I think this whole buying young and exciting talent is all well and good but at this club the pressure comes on very quickly. There's no project time at Chelsea, regardless of the club's position the media will be on the backs of the players if they're unable to get us up that table very quickly; the word flops will be thrown out within 3 months, this wasn't the time to get rid of players who had played through that same preassure while introducing young players who have never had real media criticism whispered around them let alone shouted at them from the back pages of every newspaper in the land.

46 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Mr Gizmo seemed to think we don’t. We do. 

Dear Mr Door

Let’s see how many top quality players the team starts with.

How many points do you expect the club to amass from the clubs first six games in the coming PL season?

Yours Sincerely 

ROTG

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Yeah, you're right. An owner with a public history of demanding massive fees for his star players over the years ain't it, it's the TBSP's cap on wages being the impassable hurdle...

Please. 

It absolutely to do with wages and the whole package offered. How many player did the TBSD sign in January with a basic wage higher than £100k pw? 

Also I would be very dubious of giving in excess of £100m for a striker to another Italian club, especially when you can get one at Juventus for £60m

Edited by ROTG

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

You are basing this on the deals we have done. We have not negotiated for a top number 9 coming off the back of a title winning season.

No the last top Number 9 we negotiated was after winning the CL. 

If the club was going to get a top number 9 IMO they would not spent money on Action Jackson. 

34 minutes ago, ROTG said:

It absolutely to do with wages and the whole package offered. How many player did the TBSD sign in January with a basic wage higher than £100k pw? 

Also I would be very dubious of giving in excess of £100m for a striker to another Italian club, especially when you can get one at Juventus for £60m

They turned down £60m for him so you can't. 

20 minutes ago, ROTG said:

No the last top Number 9 we negotiated was after winning the CL. 

If the club was going to get a top number 9 IMO they would not spent money on Action Jackson. 

That’s a different conversation though isn’t it. I didn’t say or imply we were after a top no 9. I said I believed we would compete on the terms offered, if we had identified a player we wanted or believed we could get. 
Personally, I think it’s naive to thing we have one wage structure at the club and every player has to fall within that structure. I am certain we will go beyond the terms that recent players have been acquired under, if the right player comes along.  That’s what’s we were not discussing. 

47 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Dear Mr Door

Let’s see how many top quality players the team starts with.

How many points do you expect the club to amass from the clubs first six games in the coming PL season?

Yours Sincerely 

ROTG

Dear Mr Gizmo,

As a fan, 18.

Yours sincerely

ROTG 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

That’s a different conversation though isn’t it. I didn’t say or imply we were after a top no 9. I said I believed we would compete on the terms offered, if we had identified a player we wanted or believed we could get. 
Personally, I think it’s naive to thing we have one wage structure at the club and every player has to fall within that structure. I am certain we will go beyond the terms that recent players have been acquired under, if the right player comes along.  That’s what’s we were not discussing. 

Ok. 
you may be right about paying higher salary for a top player, however I don’t believe that is the case. 

Maybe it something that can be revisited at the end of the transfer window. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Maybe the club can push the boat out and go to £65m 😀

We will have to pay "Richest league in the World , why isn't Italian football a draw outside Italy any more" tax .

We should now as a club to never do any business with any Italian side unless we want to be had over.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We should now as a club to never do any business with any Italian side unless we want to be had over.

So I guess another Coach from Italy is also off the cards.  😀

31 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We will have to pay "Richest league in the World , why isn't Italian football a draw outside Italy any more" tax .

Listen. I think we should just take the loss on Fatty Boom Boom. Get his wages off the books and his arrogant, disruptive presence out of the club. I know Cobham KFC will be upset but that’s life. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If it means we have to pay two or three times more because of jealousy , then yes .

Seems the club and Italian Coaches are a match made in heaven. 

Vialli - FA cup, CWC

Raneri - CL qualification to get RA involved 

Carlo - the double

RDM - Champions League

Antonio - PL and FA cup the following season. 

Sarri - Europa Cup. 

if there is another Italian Coach with a decent CV in the future might be worth the punt regardless of the fee. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

Who knows? Never believed anything written about wages but I would be very surprised if Enzo wasn't on more than £100k a week. 

Also what about the summer signings? Aubameyang, Koulibaly, Fofana, Sterling, Cucurella all pretty much guaranteed to be on more than £100k a week. João Felix? Nkunku?

Why is it only the January transfers that count?

I reckon if you took all the players we have bought in the last two windows that were actually bought for the first team  more are on £100k+ PW than not.

Edited by martin1905

Question..does anyone know how the players wages are paid?,,I mean once a month/week/bimonthly and so on?

A transfer out in the middle of a [pay period means a pro rata check,bank transfer or such?

Curious is all....