Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

7 minutes ago, chara said:

Question..does anyone know how the players wages are paid?,,I mean once a month/week/bimonthly and so on?

A transfer out in the middle of a [pay period means a pro rata check,bank transfer or such?

Curious is all....

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't monthly, like most salaried staff in any business.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Who knows? Never believed anything written about wages but I would be very surprised if Enzo wasn't on more than £100k a week

Also what about the summer signings? Aubameyang, Koulibaly, Fofana, Sterling, Cucurella all pretty much guaranteed to be on more than £100k a week. João Felix? Nkunku?

Why is it only the January transfers that count?

I reckon if you took all the players we have bought in the last two windows that were actually bought for the first team  more are on £100k+ PW than not.

I think Enzo Fernández sums up why to not believe anything you believe. Rumoured to be on £40k-ish a week at Benfica, then written up to be on about £315k a week here. There is no way we had to offer him a £275k a week pay increase to sign him.

The whole point of spending big fees on younger players is that you don't have to pay them this way.

I hope the likes of Mudryk and Badiashile are on nothing like £100k a week for the same reason.  They'd have been on relative pittances before joining us, it really should not have been taking huge offers to get dollar signs in their eyes.

15 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I think Enzo Fernández sums up why to not believe anything you believe. Rumoured to be on £40k-ish a week at Benfica, then written up to be on about £315k a week here. There is no way we had to offer him a £275k a week pay increase to sign him.

The whole point of spending big fees on younger players is that you don't have to pay them this way.

I hope the likes of Mudryk and Badiashile are on nothing like £100k a week for the same reason.  They'd have been on relative pittances before joining us, it really should not have been taking huge offers to get dollar signs in their eyes.

Absolutely.

I don't know why some bother with players wages. No ITK or news outlet have any idea what contracts are offered, it's about as personal as it gets.

At the same time it's not hard to imagine players like Mudryk and Badiashille aren't on massive contracts yet Sterling, Aubameyang, Koulibaly are probably well paid pretty well.

Young players getting paid less than established internationals who have years of experience in top European leagues. Shock horror.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Seems the club and Italian Coaches are a match made in heaven. 

Vialli - FA cup, CWC

Raneri - CL qualification to get RA involved 

Carlo - the double

RDM - Champions League

Antonio - PL and FA cup the following season. 

Sarri - Europa Cup. 

if there is another Italian Coach with a decent CV in the future might be worth the punt regardless of the fee. 

Well there's DeZerbi but we're not allowed to hire from mid table clubs, gives the wrong message

• Haha 1

Latest news this evening (from Ornstein and The Athletic) is that Lyon have offered €25m (£21m) plus add ons for Christian Pulisic.

Not gonna lie, at that amount of money I think a deal gets done.   And I’m assuming they wouldn’t bid if they didn’t think the player would be interested in joining…

Pretty sure he’s only got a year left on his deal so not only is it a good fee all things considered (not least his injury record) but would also represent a book profit. 

7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Latest news this evening (from Ornstein and The Athletic) is that Lyon have offered €25m (£21m) plus add ons for Christian Pulisic.

Not gonna lie, at that amount of money I think a deal gets done.   And I’m assuming they wouldn’t bid if they didn’t think the player would be interested in joining…

Pretty sure he’s only got a year left on his deal so not only is it a good fee all things considered (not least his injury record) but would also represent a book profit. 

Read some reports that we might be interested in Cherki, so selling Pulisic to Lyon could be a good move for all concerned. 

• Like 1

Watch a fair bit of Ligue 1, Cherki’s another talented young player, but has to work on his game, his composure in the final third, his finishing isn’t the greatest at times. I really do wish we were interested in Caqueret as I said before, there’s a player who could be top class in the Prem in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Ham said:

I'm not sure it was all on Potter. Coach after coach has alluded to attitude issues within the squad. 

Yep. Many of us have highlighted this. This squad had attitude problems alright. Not only last season, but stretching back years. I’d say it started in Lampards second season and once you get a few bad apples in it’s hard to stop the rot. We had the same situation at work recently. We got three hires wrong, turns out their attitude stunk out the place and shit lack that is contagious. All of a sudden a very happy office became a very sour office. Those three are all gone now but it takes time to find the right way back. 

Maybe that’s what the club is doing right now? Weeding out all the bad apples and starting over? Just speculation of course, but would make sense. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yep. Many of us have highlighted this. This squad had attitude problems alright. Not only last season, but stretching back years. I’d say it started in Lampards second season and once you get a few bad apples in it’s hard to stop the rot. We had the same situation at work recently. We got three hires wrong, turns out their attitude stunk out the place and shit lack that is contagious. All of a sudden a very happy office became a very sour office. Those three are all gone now but it takes time to find the right way back. 

Maybe that’s what the club is doing right now? Weeding out all the bad apples and starting over? Just speculation of course, but would make sense. 

Have to agree,,,JT was a bully..so was DD...and every true senior pro who has graced the game...for once bully isn't a term of social misbehaviour......what I mean is a get in your face and "fight" not wimp out approach...over simplified as ever but you all know what I mean. If you need a cuddle during a game at any level perhaps a book club would better suit your temperement!

Mrs C has never been around dogs before meeting mine...early instructions from me.."Don't ask them..TELL them"... not a hard concept is it?

Seems no coincidence that "senior pros" who didn't step up are out the door.

I am a little concerned that we have a very young squad with little "old pro" presence but better that than time servers giving negative vibes....forgive an old war story...County Cup Final.... I misread a ref decision and with adrenalin etc was somewhat over reacting to say the least...our older very experienced senior RB verbally shook me and got my head back where it needed to be..where was that last season and before?

Edited by chara
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well there's DeZerbi but we're not allowed to hire from mid table clubs, gives the wrong message

Personally I would not touch him until he proves himself further, however as he done one season at Brighton i am sure he meets your criteria for him to be recruited by the TBSD.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Who knows? Never believed anything written about wages but I would be very surprised if Enzo wasn't on more than £100k a week. 

Also what about the summer signings? Aubameyang, Koulibaly, Fofana, Sterling, Cucurella all pretty much guaranteed to be on more than £100k a week. João Felix? Nkunku?

Why is it only the January transfers that count?

I reckon if you took all the players we have bought in the last two windows that were actually bought for the first team  more are on £100k+ PW than not.

Most of the player mentioned were recruited under TB watch when one would suspect he thought the team were going to be successful and the money continued to roll in.

By the time January came around it was more the case of trying to support a nobody manager, along with the realisation that monetary income was about to flat line and the implications to FFP, hence long contracts and low wages with bonuses "one assumes bonuses are not a part of FFP accounting"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

You need to also consider what other offers were on the table. 

With Mudryk, for sure, there were other interested parties who would have been offering significant wages. 

In the cases of Enzo and Badiashile, I'm not so sure

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

This is hilarious. How has a bidding war developed for this guy. We are laughing to the bank. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Most of the player mentioned were recruited under TB watch when one would suspect he thought the team were going to be successful and the money continued to roll in.

By the time January came around it was more the case of trying to support a nobody manager, along with the realisation that monetary income was about to flat line and the implications to FFP, hence long contracts and low wages with bonuses "one assumes bonuses are not a part of FFP accounting"

Or we just paid older, more established players more money, with shorter contracts?

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

All payments by the club to players fall under FFP rules.

Given most bonuses will be paid for achieving certain targets (top four finish, cups etc) and those targets often come with prize money for the club (for example, the higher up the league you finish, the greater the prize money, the longer the cup run the greater the gate and TV revenue), the bonus is often covered by that corresponding increase in revenue.

• Like 1

25m for Pulisic would be good business I think.  Good player but made of glass. 

Although we would need to consider the value not just of the player as an asset but the cost of replacing him if indeed he is going to be replaced. 

Is Moreira ready to take his spot?  Or is Sterling, Nkunku, Mudryk and Madueke enough for two wing spots? 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Is Moreira ready to take his spot?  Or is Sterling, Nkunku, Mudryk and Madueke enough for two wing spots? 

The younger wingers are loan bound I think, no way near ready. Still think we might need another established right winger, Sterling and Mudryk on the left, Madueke on the right, Nkunku I fancy plays attacking mid/support striker, but I could be completely wrong. 

22 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

The younger wingers are loan bound I think, no way near ready. Still think we might need another established right winger, Sterling and Mudryk on the left, Madueke on the right, Nkunku I fancy plays attacking mid/support striker, but I could be completely wrong. 

I'm with you on that. Nkunku is a second striker rather than an out-and-out winger.

1 hour ago, Morgs said:

Although we would need to consider the value not just of the player as an asset but the cost of replacing him if indeed he is going to be replaced. 

Also appears to think his national team is more important than Chelsea. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Morgs said:

Some chatter that Pulisic has turned down Lyon and wants to join AC Milan.

Don't particularly care what we get for him personally, I'll take a fiver at this point as long as he's not here. So more than happy to take what AC Milan are offering right now, even if it's less than what Lyon reportedly offered. 

• Agree 2