Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Some additional big transfer news for us, Baba Rahman has had his contract mutually terminated and is set to join POAK on a free.

Chelsea to apparently receive some bonus payments if set criteria are met in 2023/24 instead.

1 minute ago, xceleryx said:

Some additional big transfer news for us, Baba Rahman has had his contract mutually terminated and is set to join POAK on a free.

Chelsea to apparently receive some bonus payments if set criteria are met in 2023/24 instead.

Have we got enough left backs for the coming season? 

10 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Just seen that. Had one year left on his contract.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Not really done grieving for Bakayoko tbh ...

Did we get rid of him in the end? I dont remember seeing the announcement. Surely a player destined for the Saudi league if ever there was one. 

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

I thought Baba was going to go on to become a good player for us. Sadly turned out to be yet another young player who suddenly hit a brick wall  in his development.🙁

His knees more like. Think he did both ACLs in each of his knees. Baba Rahman should be very thankful for this club. Otherwise his career would have been over. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

His knees more like. Think he did both ACLs in each of his knees. Baba Rahman should be very thankful for this club. Otherwise his career would have been over. 

Thanks for that info about his injuries. Little surprise he failed to make it here after such awful injuries.

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Sadly turned out to be yet another young player who suddenly hit a brick wall  in his development.🙁

I would keep that kind of stuff about young players to yourself.

It’s about the project and long term development, you’ve not been reading the script again. it’s the corner for you facing the wall. 😀

55 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Rahman has been here so long because the club takes its pastoral responsibilities for players very seriously. If it was just about football, he'd have been released years ago.

If memory serves me, he was a ME signing and JM snubbed him from day one. Awfully unlucky with injuries. 

5 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

this is odd but probably bullsh1t

The only thing I can think of is this... given the buy out and other clauses we insisted upon when we sold him to Southampton, if we bought him, Southampton would get the full value.  If they sell him elsewhere, I think the % we get in the sell-on clause makes it hard for them to get any value in the sale.  We are also interested in Romeo Lavia, who is also of interest to other clubs.

Knowing how Boehly likes to broker unusual deals, I wouldn't bet against us attempting to get a deal for Lavia through ahead of the competition and possibly for less than might be anticipated.  Southampton get to keep Tino on loan for a season, plus 100% of the fee.  We get a season to assess if Reece James is over his injuries, if Malo Gusto is a suitable back up, and if not Tino comes back to Chelsea the season after next, ready to fight for a first team spot.

Of course I could be way off the mark.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Makes absolutely no sense. 

We have James and Gusto........ unless there is a plan to move James inside. 

Also the player himself left us because he didn't want to be loaned out, so why would he go for it?

I hear we have a hefty sell on clause with a sliding scale, the higher the fee the higher percentage we get. So probably financially motivated looking to buy him on the cheap and sell on later for profit

Edited by Lump Of Celery

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

unless there is a plan to move James inside. 

Does if James is injured for a considerable amount of time next season.
He will be the next £250k pw player on the exit conveyor belt. 

40 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

That’ll do thank you, Mr Gizmo! 🤪 

Well done that man. What is it like being the shoe rather than the cleaner of the poop on the bottom of the shoe 😀

6 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

The only thing I can think of is this... given the buy out and other clauses we insisted upon when we sold him to Southampton, if we bought him, Southampton would get the full value.  If they sell him elsewhere, I think the % we get in the sell-on clause makes it hard for them to get any value in the sale.  We are also interested in Romeo Lavia, who is also of interest to other clubs.

Knowing how Boehly likes to broker unusual deals, I wouldn't bet against us attempting to get a deal for Lavia through ahead of the competition and possibly for less than might be anticipated.  Southampton get to keep Tino on loan for a season, plus 100% of the fee.  We get a season to assess if Reece James is over his injuries, if Malo Gusto is a suitable back up, and if not Tino comes back to Chelsea the season after next, ready to fight for a first team spot.

Of course I could be way off the mark.

My big sticking point around any Livramento deal, and it's not even that we have RJ and Gusto, it's that Livramento has only returned from a major knee injury himself. He's barely played since returning and I think it would be a little unwise to be jumping to sign him, even if just to resell, until we see what he really looks like post-injury. He could just as easily end up a financial pitfall. 

I also highly doubt Newcastle were ever offering £50m for him either.