Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

He could just as easily end up a financial pitfall. 

If that happens, you can get a Livramento doll and stick pins in it, the same as you do did with Pulisic doll except now you use knives on his doll. 😀

Funny how every time two clubs are in talks to sign a player and the potential buyer wont cough up what the seller is asking for,  regular as clockwork, sure as the sunrise, we are linked in the media with the player.

Even if, in this case, it makes no sense whatsoever for us to sign him. 

I'm sure Newcastle aren't that daft to fall for that old chestnut. 

....unless Kyle Walker is leaving Man City and they are after Reece James? But if that were the case then we would not be loaning Livramento back to Southampton would we? 

Edited by Morgs

53 minutes ago, ROTG said:

If that happens, you can get a Livramento doll and stick pins in it, the same as you do did with Pulisic doll except now you use knives on his doll. 😀

No need, I've got my ROTG doll that comes with its own tin foil hat and TBSD tinted glasses.  😉

• Haha 2

Him, Santos and Enzo in a midfield three.  

If Santos is as good as they say he is, we might be okay. Gallagher and Chukwuemeka provide good depth. I'm quite happy with that. The thing about Caicedo is he is an interception and pressing machine which is the sort of profile Poch loves in his screening midfielders.  

Still think we need a keeper and a top striker and possibly a right side winger but I don't think we are far off if we can get this over the line. 

Applause from my side for (if this is true) getting it done early doors and not having it drag on all summer and denying him a good pre-season. We used to do that all the time and it narked me every time. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Another Brazilian “wonder kid” we’ve been scouting…

IMG_7417.jpeg

Might be misunderstanding his TransferMarkt page, or guess that might be inaccurate, but it reads as if he's played only 3 friendlies for the Brazil U20s, and only made 27 senior appearances. That it seems vanishingly unlikely to me he is ready for senior PL football might be cynicism and just my opinion, but surely he has no hopes of getting a work permit anyway.

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Might be misunderstanding his TransferMarkt page, or guess that might be inaccurate, but it reads as if he's played only 3 friendlies for the Brazil U20s, and only made 27 senior appearances. That it seems vanishingly unlikely to me he is ready for senior PL football might be cynicism and just my opinion, but surely he has no hopes of getting a work permit anyway.

Only 12 out of 27 were starts too 

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

I think I suffer from an inbuilt rose tinted glasses approach to the "Academy" graduates..

Unfortunately my formative Chelsea years exposed me to some amazing youth setup graduates and I start with the very naive expectation of every "annointed" next star achieving that status despite cold harsh reality which proves time and time again to be a false premise!

CHO with 20/20 was overhyped (who'd have thought?) and had/.has a less than healthy..to my mind..disagree as you see fit...attitude to the game and the very prevalent, among many, entitlement syndrome.... in fairness he had a serious injury issue but the club took care of him .... not happy to see him gone but not really bothered....had he fufilled the probably unrealistic promise assigned to him maybe I would feel differently but then had that been the case he would not be the subject of this post.

Aside..is it me or does it seem that when "family" members act as a players agent things get messy?..just wondering.

Edited by chara
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Bones said:

Whats happening with Colwil, Casadei, Santos?

are they likely starters yet? I get a feeling Casadei deserves to be in the 1st team

He's certainly worthy of a squad place. Not sure on him being a starter just yet. 

He's most definitely got a sweet strike on him for his young years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chara said:

I think I suffer from an inbuilt rose tinted glasses approach to the "Academy" graduates..

Unfortunately my formative Chelsea years exposed me to some amazing youth setup graduates and I start with the very naive expectation of every "annointed" next star achieving that status despite cold harsh reality which proves time and time again to be a false premise!

CHO with 20/20 was overhyped (who'd have thought?) and had/.has a less than healthy..to my mind..disagree as you see fit...attitude to the game and the very prevalent, among many, entitlement syndrome.... in fairness he had a serious injury issue but the club took care of him .... not happy to see him gone but not really bothered....had he fufilled the probably unrealistic promise assigned to him maybe I would feel differently but then had that been the case he would not be the subject of this post.

Aside..is it me or does it seem that when "family" members act as a players agent things get messy?..just wondering.

Totally agree. Re his injury you’re also right and people imo should acknowledge that he was looked after. I remember in Lampard’s contract talks, Jose saying Lamps had been great for Chelsea, but equally Chelsea had been great for him too!

As for family members as agents. I can’t even imagine how hard that must be to deal with, some greedy, amateur wasteman cousin or something. Awful. 🤣

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Bones said:

Whats happening with Colwil, Casadei, Santos?

are they likely starters yet? I get a feeling Casadei deserves to be in the 1st team

Regarding Colwill, according to various media, he wants to sit down with Pochettino and discuss "his future".  Given the season he had on loan at Brighton, he wants "assurances" he'll get game time at Chelsea before committing to signing a new contract (current one expires in June 2025). He doesn't want another loan. He feels he's ready to start, either at CFC or back at Brighton (who would dearly love to sign him on a permanent basis).

As for Casadei and Santos, reports suggest that while both might be included in the squad, the more likely scenario is that only one (Santos) may end up there come the start of the season, while a loan at a top PL or Italian club is being looked at for Casadei.  I'm presuming that the thinking behind this strategy is that Santos needs to integrate/familiarise himself with both the club and English culture (since signing, he's been in Brazil almost all the time) and that will be better done at Cobham under the supervision of the club's coaches and pastoral care team.  Casadei had six months with the development squad, six months on loan at Reading and is now ready to be tested at a higher level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bones said:

……,I get a feeling Casadei deserves to be in the 1st team

He’s looked the business in ‘age-group’ football……but his game time at Reading probably showed there’s a bit more for him to learn at senior level. 

BUT, sometimes you have to get a younger player in with the better senior pros to challenge them again and continue their progression. Also, he was in a Reading team in free fall at that time. 

Dare I whisper it, he’s got a bit of Frank Lampard about his play? Thoughts anyone who has seen more of him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Aren’t Nkunku and Jacko our strikers? 

Rumour is we’re in the market for an “elite” no. 9 as focal point of the attack. I think Nkunku will play off the centre forward and Jackson is seen as one for the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1