Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

41 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Aren’t Nkunku and Jacko our strikers? 

I sincerely hope not!! 

Nkunku’s best position is as a number 10 / second striker,  and Jackson has played something like 12 games at senior level.

Thats not a slant on either, but I really believe we need to sign an experienced, out and out striker.   Jackson and/or Broja can be back-up and Nkunku first choice playing just off them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kolo Muani......

I will probably get slated for this but the boy is different level.

I would never tell anyone to watch YouTube to judge a player but trust me, if you haven't seen him, watch some YouTube clips of him and you will instantly see what I'm talking about. Crazy good footballer.

Can't see him going anywhere but Bayern so not getting too excited. The one thing that could be in our favour is  Nkunku as they will provide be playing together for France, long term as their 9 & 10 with Mbappe playing from the left, so the chance to play together at club level could persuade him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Kolo Muani......

I would never tell anyone to watch YouTube to judge a player but trust me, if you haven't seen him, watch some YouTube clips of him and you will instantly see what I'm talking about. Crazy good footballer.

Can't see him going anywhere but Bayern so not getting too excited. The one thing that could be in our favour is  Nkunku as they will provide be playing together for France, long term as their 9 & 10 with Mbappe playing from the left, so the chance to play together at club level could persuade him.

from that Felix tweet - Muani seems like a "cheaper" alternative to the others. So we will probably not go for him

Edited by Miguelito07

6 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Kolo Muani......

He certainly looks good... as does Rasmus Hojlund.  Neither, however, are the 'elite' level, established No 9 we're allegedly going after.

It'll be interesting to see who we end up with.  Personally, I'd be OK with Mitrovic (doesn't mean he's my preferred option, but he knows the Prem and if he can score 14 in 24 for Fulham... )

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

Comes across as insincere as he appears to be reading from a script. 

Also, this was him today so when the feck did this blond version record his goodbye video?

Screenshot_20230704_203400_Twitter.thumb.jpg.ca7db3988db75a79e4de791493096221.jpg 

Edited by Ham
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Also, this was him today so when the feck did this blond version record his goodbye video?

Screenshot_20230704_203400_Twitter.thumb.jpg.ca7db3988db75a79e4de791493096221.jpg 

Recorded as soon as the email with the United contract details came through at Mason Mount Co. 

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Lol. He's been practicing for weeks and felt that take was the most genuine.

How ironic that when he says his thank yous he finishes with :

'Most importantly you guys, for sticking with me throughout '

Shame you couldn't do the same.

It's only just really hit me what's happened. Mason Mount, the boy who we gave everything to has gone to Manchester United. Fucking United!!!! It shouldn't have happened. No way in a million years should be be going to play for them. 

I get some will say it's his life, his career, his decision and at the end of the day it's his job and if I was offered more money to to my job elsewhere I would go blah, blah, blah..... Fuck that, you just don't do it. Ever. 

Lost every single bit of respect I had for him and hope he fails miserably.

I hope so much with make Reece James captain.

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, martin1905 said:

How ironic that when he says his thank yous he finishes with :

'Most importantly you guys, for sticking with me throughout '

Shame you couldn't do the same.

It's only just really hit me what's happened. Mason Mount, the boy who we gave everything gone to Manchester United. Fucking United!!!! It shouldn't have happened. No way in a million years should be be going to play for them. 

I get some will say it's his life, his career, his decision and at the end of the day it's his job and if I was offered more money to to my job elsewhere I would go blah, blah, blah..... Fuck that, you just don't do it. Ever. 

Lost every single bit of respect I had for him and hope he fails miserably.

I hope so much with make Reece James captain.

Me too, he is proper Chels, he gets it.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Ham said:

Comes across as insincere as he appears to be reading from a script. 

Feels like a hostage video. Looks like he’s been forced to say it by his advisers and just wants to read it and get it over with. Pointless really. Anyway, he’s a Man United player now so I hope they have a crap season. 

• Agree 2

What a bland, insincere message. He has done NOTHING to justify the money he wants. Nothing. If he wasn’t Academy, no-one would care. Bye, Mason. You’re just like the others who don’t want to be here. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. 

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Agree 3

Players who have "done right" by Chelsea, regardless of skill level, have always had a warm welcome on a return to SB in a different team shirt.

Diego in recent days and a host of others.... the respect shown by the players is reciprocated by the hardy match goers and those of us watching from  afar.

I doubt Mr Mount will experience such warmth on any return.

TC and MM...both in the same catagory...who'da thought?

Edited by chara
  • Agree 1

Astonished that, between him and his “advisors”, they have managed to make such a godawful mess of the narrative, to the extent that he is now widely disliked by our support at this point. Unthinkable turn of events, handled absolutely terribly. Could have been immortal here, but that suit screwed the whole thing up. 

• Agree 1