Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

7 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Not even going to watch it. He’s gone. We can argue all day long who’s fault it is. But he’s gone. 

Onwards and upwards. Reece James for Captain. 

Me too...read a little on the click bait edge page.....ridiculous money quoted....Onward and hope the new kids help get the nasty taste out of my mouth for one.

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

@xceleryx your thoughts on Vlahovic please mate.

He was excellent at Fiorentina, who played a more open brand of football at the time. Whether it was linking play, moving into the channels, holding the ball up, or putting the ball in the back of the net he spearheaded the attack well. 

Since moving to Juventus he's not quite replicated everything at the same level particularly last season. There's been patches, but he's also struggled a lot more. Now, some of this rests on his own personal form having dropped and a few niggles interrupting things (missed near 100 days of football last season from memory), however playing under Allegri and his negative football has compounded matters further. The state of Juventus' midfield and supporting cast also hasn't helped. 

In a more dynamic side that plays a more positive brand of football I can see Vlahovic finding more of his Fiorentina form, but there's naturally that seed of doubt. He needs to work on his game still, his pressing for example is not a strong area. However, generally speaking he's got the size, strength, technique, and ability to be a telling player. He's also good from set pieces and the penalty spot, two thing we could probably use more options in - and competent in the air and with his back towards goal. 

Given the options available to us he'd be a good get at the right price, better than a lot of what else is out there right now. Still only 23 so fits into the age profile but also comes with plenty of experience at the senior level. If he's going to leave Juventus, or more accurately if Juventus are going to sell, then I'd certainly prefer him here than anywhere else. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chara said:

Just a question...on the "other" Chelsea fan sites is there the same pretty much across the board reaction as on our forum?

From what I've seen, yes. There's been a real ironic emphasis on "Money Mase".

IMO it was a fairly piss poor "goodbye" video.

Hope those extra p's he'll be collecting weekly will be worth flushing the 18 years of support he's gotten here, he'll not get the leeway at Man Utd with being just another player. The petty defender in me hopes RJ absolutely steamrolls him when we cross paths next. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

The video is like a hostage reading a prepared statement. Anyway I’m not gonna waste any more time on this. As @chara said so well, many former players who respected the club have always had a generous reception back at SB, and rightly so. I don’t think Mount deserves any personal abuse whatsoever, but he doesn’t deserve the warmth of the SB faithful either.

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

The video is like a hostage reading a prepared statement. Anyway I’m not gonna waste any more time on this. As @chara said so well, many former players who respected the club have always had a generous reception back at SB, and rightly so. I don’t think Mount deserves any personal abuse whatsoever, but he doesn’t deserve the warmth of the SB faithful either.

I think Mount has factored in all the conseqences of his decision.

Being booed a few times a year is nothing he can't handle.

54 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

How about the Ashley Cole treatment? Print out £100 notes with Mount's face on them and greet him with a confetti shower.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

How about the Ashley Cole treatment? Print out £100 notes with Mount's face on them and greet him with a confetti shower.

For someone who was not his greatest supporter, you seem to be taking his moving on with a lot of bitterness 😀

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

He probably won’t because he will more than likely be playing in the PL

Where he'll continue to thrive as a limited footballer now that he doesn't have the burst of pace that made him somewhat exciting to begin with. 

51 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I think Mount has factored in all the conseqences of his decision.

Being booed a few times a year is nothing he can't handle.

You missed out ex-Chelsea players customary goal at SB 😀

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

For someone who was not his greatest supporter, you seem to be taking his moving on with a lot of bitterness 😀

I was actually a big supporter of Mount, in fact I've defended him quite a bit back on the old forum in his own thread. But alas, I'm also content with him getting Totti'ed by whoever wants to take up the Paolo Montero role. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

I was actually a big supporter of Mount, in fact I've defended him quite a bit back on the old forum in his own thread. But alas, I'm also content with him getting Totti'ed by whoever wants to take up the Paolo Montero role. 

It's not a kind of football/fault I want anyone in Chelsea of committing.

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah , I expect Luton will be interested 

If the rumour mills are correct then it is Brentford and Forrest who are interested in his services. Regardless he will play more games in the PL next season than Madueke.

Edited by ROTG

Granted it's a YT highlights video, but this Matheus Franca looks interesting. Plenty of flair, strength, vision, work rate, technique, and an eye for goal. Doesn't look particularly rapid but quick enough to beat his man and get in behind when isolated.

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

He was excellent at Fiorentina, who played a more open brand of football at the time. Whether it was linking play, moving into the channels, holding the ball up, or putting the ball in the back of the net he spearheaded the attack well. 

Since moving to Juventus he's not quite replicated everything at the same level particularly last season. There's been patches, but he's also struggled a lot more. Now, some of this rests on his own personal form having dropped and a few niggles interrupting things (missed near 100 days of football last season from memory), however playing under Allegri and his negative football has compounded matters further. The state of Juventus' midfield and supporting cast also hasn't helped. 

In a more dynamic side that plays a more positive brand of football I can see Vlahovic finding more of his Fiorentina form, but there's naturally that seed of doubt. He needs to work on his game still, his pressing for example is not a strong area. However, generally speaking he's got the size, strength, technique, and ability to be a telling player. He's also good from set pieces and the penalty spot, two thing we could probably use more options in - and competent in the air and with his back towards goal. 

Given the options available to us he'd be a good get at the right price, better than a lot of what else is out there right now. Still only 23 so fits into the age profile but also comes with plenty of experience at the senior level. If he's going to leave Juventus, or more accurately if Juventus are going to sell, then I'd certainly prefer him here than anywhere else. 

Thanks mate.

I haven't seen much of him at Juventus but watched a fair bit of him at Fiorentina, where for his age he looked absolute outrageous. Clearly his love to Juventus hasn't quite worked out like anyone expected.

He would be my second choice behind Kolo Muani, who I think is going to be special but I would be happy with either.

• Like 1