Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Think it's pretty pathetic that these "heartfelt" goodbye statements are even a thing. Everyone so desperate to cultivate an image, everyone so quick to anger if public figures don't maintain that image. Just move on and leave it at that, imo.

It really is time to start bringing people in, though. If we're to stand a chance next year, Pochettino needs to be taking more or less his finished squad on tour.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Think it's pretty pathetic that these "heartfelt" goodbye statements are even a thing. Everyone so desperate to cultivate an image, everyone so quick to anger if public figures don't maintain that image. Just move on and leave it at that, imo.

It really is time to start bringing people in, though. If we're to stand a chance next year, Pochettino needs to be taking more or less his finished squad on tour.

I couldn't agree more. Sign of the times we live in. I have no interest in watching it or directly reacting to it. A complete nonsense.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

A lot of Andrey Santos to Porto on loan stories this morning, but I did also read option to buy, which is surely complete rubbish. 

I can defo see why they'd want to get him regular game time in a European league (with the added bonus of Porto being a Portuguese language location), but i'm honestly a little surprised if he doesn't at least get some of pre-season here

25 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

A lot of Andrey Santos to Porto on loan stories this morning, but I did also read option to buy, which is surely complete rubbish. 

Just now, Bert19 said:

I can defo see why they'd want to get him regular game time in a European league (with the added bonus of Porto being a Portuguese language location), but i'm honestly a little surprised if he doesn't at least get some of pre-season here

Fabrizio just tweeted that nothing has been decided. 

Poch wants to take a look at him in pre season and decide whether or not to loan him out.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

If the rumour mills are correct then it is Brentford and Forrest who are interested in his services. Regardless he will play more games in the PL next season than Madueke.

Wanna bet on that?

7 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I think it could be a really good loan move for him, but if there was an option to buy, then I’m truly lost on what these owners are doing. 

With all the comings and goings, this clip came up on my Twitter feed. November 2021 CL v Juve. We've hardly played well since, with just the away leg in Madrid a standout performance. Only a handful of those players still around. Chilwell suffered a season-ending injury that night and things just spiralled.

https://twitter.com/AlexisIsKavkas/status/1673414980450807822?s=20

• Like 1

Been told to expect an announcement on Caicedo soon, at least that everything is in place, probably in the next 24-48 hours.

Apparently Bohley wants it done soon as possible to tie it in with Mount going. So thanks Mason but we've actually upgraded you, quite drastically judging by last season's performances.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

WOW - Mount has the No.7 shirt (no pressure then)

Mount is represented by the PR agent Beckham used in his heyday. They are trying to build him into a celebrity footballer and this is another step in that direction. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

WOW - Mount has the No.7 shirt (no pressure then)

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Mount is represented by the PR agent Beckham used in his heyday. They are trying to build him into a celebrity footballer and this is another step in that direction. 

Always going to happen , I expect that was his first demand 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Man United are really milking the Mason Mount move. You’d think they’ve signed Mbappe. And the media just going along with it. Really bored of it. 

They get their highs these days through big signings and lavish announcements - not by winning big trophies.

We have to do everything in our power to make sure we never become that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

And now we wait for the MM7 branding to begin. 

I thought the '7' in CR7 stood for the number of letters in Ronaldo. Maybe, Mason "Two letters short of a nickname" Mount.

• Haha 2

We could try pushing them up to £20m but it doesn't make that much difference. It'll be good to get his wages off the books, and I suspect Poch won't want him in training if he's looking to leave.

We have bigger Lukaku-shaped problems to focus on.

2 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

"worth up to £18.9m"

hmmmmm

Given the alternative, I'd not hesitate in taking it. Then again I'd also sell Pulisic for a cold can of coke.

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Hope we don't mess about and just take the money. I can't see anyone else offering more.  It's where he wants to go, too, so even a bigger offer from elsewhere won't solve the problem.

Agreed. Not worth seeing a deal possibly collapse because we've tried to squeeze a few extra million out of it. If AC Milan walk away we're stuck with a player that's got no other interest in him right now, and may not draw any before the window shuts. Would be criminal having him here for this upcoming season.