Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Inter director Ausilio: “Lukaku knows we want him back here. We’re trying to find a solition.”

Given that a soliton is a  solitary wave,  I think we have a similar objective …

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Another youngster could be joining, Ishe Samuels-Smith from Everton and no he actually isn’t a winger. 

Who is he going to replace Maatensen?

Edited by ROTG

https://romapress.net/chelsea-strongly-interested-in-paulo-dybala/

Strong interest in Dybala, €12m fee. I know Poch has tried to sign him in the past. 

Obviously seen a lot of him over the years, a truly talented player but of course quite fragile. At that price though, and providing wages aren't ridiculous, I won't be mad if we opt to take such a gamble.

6 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

With the number of young wingers and midfielders we've invested in, I hope we won't be blocking their pathways by signing senior players in their positions, especially when we're not in a position to be challenging for the league.

Dybala is neither a winger or a midfielder, so isn't really an issue in this particular case. 

He'd be depth at the #10 spot, maybe spend a little time upfront if needed, and is cheap as chips relative to his talent. 

Looks like Andre Onana might be United bound.

We're still discussing with Brighton over Caicedo (with whom we have agreed terms)  CFC looking at around £80m  Brighton want £100m+

We're still monitoring  Romeo Lavia, though Liverpool seem to have moved to the head of the queue for now.

Rumours of Dybala as a back up 10/second striker to Nkunku seems to be strengthening.

Milan and CFC continue to negotiate  over Pulisic. It's said that both sides are now reasonably close, and it's more about the structure of the fee rather than the final number (around €22m/23m)

Al Nassr offer for Ziyech is still open.  Initial salary is 40% of original offer following "failed" fitness test, BUT if he stays fit, he gets the full €15m.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Thought he was PSG bound.  But maybe not…

IMG_7427.jpeg

I am convinced that Jacob Steinberg is being paid by Veiga's representatives. He is the only journo who has been reporting on him going to a number of clubs. 

9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I heard a rumour that Sterling might be available for the right money. Saudi is interested apparently.

Meanwhile others are reporting that the club have no intention of selling him. They see him as a 'leader' within the group (given his experience) and they're looking to hopefully add one more wide player (as well as a striker and likely two midfielders)  not get rid of one (Ziyech and Pulisic are no longer considered squad players currently)

40 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I heard a rumour that Sterling might be available for the right money. Saudi is interested apparently.

À few weeks ago the Daily Mail said Sterling's wages were causing friction in the dressing room. 

While I could understand  players thinking Sterling wasn't doing anywhere near enough to deserve his huge salary and being pissed off by it,  it's probably fair to say those very same players didn't deserve what they were paid last season.  Out of our entire squad, I'd say Silva was the only player who played up to par and deserved what they were paid.

Edited by boratsbrother

15 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

À few weeks ago the Daily Mail said Sterling's wages were causing friction in the dressing room. 

While I could understand  players thinking Sterling wasn't doing anywhere near enough to deserve his huge salary and being pissed off by it,  it's probably fair to say those very same players didn't deserve what they were paid last season.  Out of our entire squad, I'd say Silva was the only player who played up to par and deserved what they were paid.

Enzo was by far the best value based on salary by a country mile. 

47 minutes ago, Bison said:

I am convinced that Jacob Steinberg is being paid by Veiga's representatives. He is the only journo who has been reporting on him going to a number of clubs. 

There are loads of stories regarding Veiga being wanted by a multitude of clubs NOT written by Steinberg. Just three examples for you, but there are others regarding Newcastle and Liverpool amongst others:

https://frenchfootballweekly.com/2023/07/05/psg-rushes-towards-gabri-veiga-the-stops-multiply/

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12915401/gabri-veiga-can-be-unique-midfielder-former-celta-vigo-head-coach-explains-why-spaniard-is-premier-league-target

https://www.manchestercity.news/man-city-could-now-land-their-next-david-silva-by-securing-transfer-deal-for-amazing-34m-player-opinion/

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Meanwhile others are reporting that the club have no intention of selling him. They see him as a 'leader' within the group (given his experience) and they're looking to hopefully add one more wide player (as well as a striker and likely two midfielders)  not get rid of one (Ziyech and Pulisic are no longer considered squad players currently)

A leader? Didn't they watch him this year? 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Enzo was by far the best value based on salary by a country mile. 

Not sure that is true, with the team only winning 15 points in Enzo’s 18 pl matches vs 29 pts won in the previous 20

All history now who gives a dam 😀

On 05/07/2023 at 22:02, Blue Moon said:

Inter director Ausilio: “Lukaku knows we want him back here. We’re trying to find a solition.”

Given that a soliton is a  solitary wave,  I think we have a similar objective …

Unless they pay a proper price for fatty boom boom I suggest this wave: 🖕🏻

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Who knows. But I do think he has that in him, I really do. I’m excited to see what Poch can do with Raheem, who I personally think is great! 

Yep - he will be back to his usual double figures for a season.

Do you think this alleged intense fitness approach by Poch will man up sterling running style?

21 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not sure that is true, with the team only winning 15 points in Enzo’s 18 pl matches vs 29 pts won in the previous 20

All history now who gives a dam 😀

I wouldn't say the arrival of Enzo had much to do with the very poor points tally for the second half of the season.  The whole team just struggled in every dept of the game.

That said, I was far from impressed with what I saw from Enzo. His extreme lack of pace is always going to be a problem for him in this league. As with Mudryk, I just hope he has a lot more to offer than what they showed last season. 

As you say. It's all history now and everyone starts next season with a clean slate.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Agree 1