Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Not sure that is true, with the team only winning 15 points in Enzo’s 18 pl matches vs 29 pts won in the previous 20

All history now who gives a dam 😀

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

That said, I was far from impressed with what I saw from Enzo. His extreme lack of pace is always going to be a problem for him in this league. As with Mudryk, I just hope he has a lot more to offer than what they showed last season. 

Unbelievable.  I sometimes wonder what people are watching when I'm watching the games. 

8 hours ago, ROTG said:

Yep - he will be back to his usual double figures for a season.

Do you think this alleged intense fitness approach by Poch will man up sterling running style?

You know….I worked in fitness for 15 years. Everyone has their own style of running, walking, squatting, etc depending on their anatomy. What’s odd to person A will be normal to person B. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Fabregas was hardly Usain Bolt, didn’t seem to hamper his career in the premier league. 

That's true! But Fabregas provided genuine world class creative passing which  compensated for his lack of athletic ability.  So far, I haven't seen anything like the same level of passing ability from Enzo. 

This has been the major problem with our midfield in recent years. We haven't been signing  players who are top class in the attacking or defensive side of the game. If a midfielder is class at one part of the game then I don't really care how poor he iis at the other part. 

54 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

You know….I worked in fitness for 15 years. Everyone has their own style of running, walking, squatting, etc depending on their anatomy. What’s odd to person A will be normal to person B. 

When I was a teen my mates used to say that when I walked I wiggled my ass like a girl.😀

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Of course, but you have to concede it is a peculiar, mincing running style.

51 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Of course, but you have to concede it is a peculiar, mincing running style.

It isn’t about “conceding”. It’s what it is. Whether his performance can be optimised and any imbalances/instabilities/weaknesses worked on is up to the team at Cobham, but your basic anatomy is your anatomy. Bones can’t be moved. 

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

It isn’t about “conceding”. It’s what it is. Whether his performance can be optimised and any imbalances/instabilities/weaknesses worked on is up to the team at Cobham, but your basic anatomy is your anatomy. Bones can’t be moved. 

So what you’re saying is that Sterling IS actually a T-Rex then!  

Folarin Balogun being linked this morning. Seems plausible ... Young, American, did bang them in last season tbf and we seem pretty happy negotiating with PL clubs. Could see it.

Literally no idea if I want to see it, mind. Hardly ever seen him play.

42 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

"I disagree!"

R.png

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I heard a rumour that Sterling might be available for the right money. Saudi is interested apparently.

13 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Meanwhile others are reporting that the club have no intention of selling him. They see him as a 'leader' within the group (given his experience) and they're looking to hopefully add one more wide player (as well as a striker and likely two midfielders)  not get rid of one (Ziyech and Pulisic are no longer considered squad players currently)

Assuming Pulisic and Ziyech (and CHO) move on, I can't see a scenario that selling Sterling makes any sense. 

We'd have barely any attackers left!

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

He cost £58,000,000. I’m still astounded even now.

Even worse when you consider we paid that AFTER he has lost his place in the Dortmund team to a younger Sancho.

Could well be the most over hyped player I've witnessed. 

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Even worse when you consider we paid that AFTER he has lost his place in the Dortmund team to a younger Sancho.

Could well be the most over hyped player I've witnessed. 

Umm Sancho cost quite a bit extra and has not done or won anything compared to CP. Dare I say he could be deemed even more over hyped. 

what’s your opinion of Mudryk, a lot of hype  there for £85m