Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

He cost £58,000,000. I’m still astounded even now.

Think he  was in the last year of his contract once he moved here too, which is even more crazy. I always thought, and said on the old forum, that his transfer fee was partly based on his ability as a player and partly based on his value on a marketable asset in the US

The club at the time was very focused on marketing, tours etc in the US market. Who knows what that 58m has, and will, returned in income from sponsorship and advertising deals over there

Edited by Lump Of Celery
  • Agree 3

42 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Umm Sancho cost quite a bit extra and has not done or won anything compared to CP. Dare I say he could be deemed even more over hyped. 

what’s your opinion of Mudryk, a lot of hype  there for £85m

Sancho actually did something to warrant being hyped, he was genuinely excellent at Dortmund. Man Utd was always a bad move for him and I said as much at the time. 

Mudryk is a TBD. He's raw, but also has some exciting qualities, we'll get a better idea this season. 

42 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I have watched him and serie A is the best place for him. 

Don't disagree, but that wasn't the argument either. 

That being said if we're after a cost effective option for that #10 role to compete with Nkunku, I'd not be mad if we took a gamble on him at the reported price providing wages are reasonable. He's a genuine match winner when fit. 

8 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Okay. Are we actually going to be bringing in anyone…

IMG_7431.jpeg

I find the Chalobah story a bit odd. While rumours have circulated about TC looking to move or the club wanting to sell TC, the underlying reason given is that, if playing a back four rather than a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 for example, Pochettino will only want 4 central defenders (Silva, Fofana, Badiashile and Colwill). Given Silva's age and the likelihood that this will be his final season, who replaces him next season?

Selling Gallagher also makes no sense given Mount, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Kante and - in January - Jorginho have left.  It looks like Caicedo may cost us £100m (or will we walk away?) and while we've been linked with a couple of other midfielders, it leaves us rather light in terms of players with PL experience in the middle of the park.

• Agree 1

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

I find the Chalobah story a bit odd. While rumours have circulated about TC looking to move or the club wanting to sell TC, the underlying reason given is that, if playing a back four rather than a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 for example, Pochettino will only want 4 central defenders (Silva, Fofana, Badiashile and Colwill). Given Silva's age and the likelihood that this will be his final season, who replaces him next season?

Selling Gallagher also makes no sense given Mount, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Kante and - in January - Jorginho have left.  It looks like Caicedo may cost us £100m (or will we walk away?) and while we've been linked with a couple of other midfielders, it leaves us rather light in terms of players with PL experience in the middle of the park.

Listen , anyone called Chelsea Dodgers must know what's up and not just be repeating lazy rumours from ITK maroons in the Twittersphere. 

The clowns bleating their nonsense for imaginary likes are a blight on society 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Rick1977 said:

I am genuinely confused I assumed that the 5 central defenders was the perfect number with Thiago in his last year teaching the youngsters how to defend. Why would we sell Chalobah?

5 is a lot if we are playing a back 4. and there is no europe. CB5 will barely get a kick.

I don't rate either as becoming first team mainstays but Chalobah and Gallagher are both perfect squad fillers, and will be worth just as much next summer, makes no sense to sell now. Gallagher maybe has some potential to kick on and would seem quite  a 'Poch' player. Chalobahs sale would also be dependent on Colwill signing a longer contract for me. Would be disappointing if Reece was left as the only academy player in the squad

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Listen , anyone called Chelsea Dodgers must know what's up and not just be repeating lazy rumours from ITK maroons in the Twittersphere. 

The clowns bleating their nonsense for imaginary likes are a blight on society 

"......will listen to offers....."....There is the nub of the "report"... put in any name and it is probably true...listening to and actually taking seriously are two different things.

• Agree 2

I think Poch will like Gallagher , so a little surprised that we would sell him at present. I think if we have one player who could replicate how Dele Alli played for spurs , it would probably be Gallagher.

As a central midfielder he is incredibly limited though. Technically average, passing ability average, tactically poor for that position. He  lacks the guile for a number 10 role too, but I could see him effective as a runner to go beyond the front and he could probably chip in with double figure goals in that role.

He just doesn’t quite fit here at present. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

5 is a lot if we are playing a back 4. and there is no europe. CB5 will barely get a kick.

Chalobah can play at RB as well as CB. With James injury issues and Gusto being very much an untried entity in the PL why on heavens earth would we even entertain selling Chalobah? 

I get the sense that the club only wants to keep players from the academy if they are absolute world class. If they are just average to good PL players we want to sell them and buy expensive foreign imports who are worse and cost more. 

Gallagher and Chalobah can’t be sold. The club are absolute morons if they do. Sorry, there is just no other way to put it. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, chara said:

"......will listen to offers....."....There is the nub of the "report"... put in any name and it is probably true...listening to and actually taking seriously are two different things.

Agreed. I would have thought Poch would love Gallagher’s all-action style. 

8 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I earnestly hope he crashes and burns at United after that revelation and that the fans turn on him. I will never mention his name again.

You know what I don’t get. 
If he wanted to leave, in these days of “brands” and PR etc, he could have done it so much better. You can tell the club are angry by the send-off he received online, especially compared to even RLC, let alone Azpi. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Rick1977 said:

Why would we sell Chalobah?

You might do it to ensure one of your potential young superstars, who is now getting universal praise snd who last season played lots of PL games - can see his pathway to first-team football hasn't got multiple 'hurdles'to overcome?

If you were a side hunting Levi down, the you're in my first-team when fit is one of the first sales pitches.