Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

44 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

As nervous as we are around the Enzo deal, there's no way we would've accepted the Jorginho transfer without being certain Enzo will be a Chelsea player by end of day. 

Maybe it's just so Todd can sweeten the Enzo deal by another £10m

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

This is very interesting.  Rumour is this is what we are doing to satisfy Benfica. 

If there is a loophole, Todd will find it. I must admit, I've been extremely impressed with how we've operated in the last 3-4 months from a staff and player recruitment standpoint. No doubt our commercial side will see improvements shortly. 

Briefly..so pleased with the Jorge debates...for or against..not important..

As if nothing actually happened the last week or so and seamless Forum to and fro...with an edge and sense all round....wonderful.

Me?...The classic Shankley observation..."Better a player leaves a year early than a year too late"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chara said:

Me?...The classic Shankley observation..."Better a player leaves a year early than a year too late"

So true. I can't help but think of Ivanovic, in this instance. He doesn't get talked about as much as he should because we kept him after his legs were gone and it somewhat tarnished an otherwise excellent reputation. 

Worry we may go the same route with Azpi. 

Edited by DannyLB

18 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

If there is a loophole, Todd will find it. I must admit, I've been extremely impressed with how we've operated in the last 3-4 months from a staff and player recruitment standpoint. No doubt our commercial side will see improvements shortly. 

I really hope it is an actual loophole and not something we'll regret later. But I do agree things are really getting much more positive.

The odious Mike Wedderburn is pushing the narrative on Sky Sports that Chelsea are cheating football by their spending in this window, with the tut-tutting support of his sycophantic acolytes.

The double standards are breathtakingly hypocritical. It's like we are holding a mirror up to the stupid and incompetent smugness of their status quo and they hate us for it.

Just now, RDCW said:

The odious Mike Wedderburn is pushing the narrative on Sky Sports that Chelsea are cheating football by their spending in this window, with the tut-tutting support of his sycophantic acolytes.

The double standards are breathtakingly hypocritical. It's like we are holding a mirror up to the stupid and incompetent smugness of their status quo and they hate us for it.

Arsenal supporter , it's all they have 

23 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

I really hope it is an actual loophole and not something we'll regret later. But I do agree things are really getting much more positive.

Nothing wrong with it. Says in the video that Felix to Atleti and Griezman to Barca were paid this way. 

2 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I heard him. Absolute tool like most of the Sky anchors. To be fair, Kaveh put him in his place. 

53 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

That's the thing... it's not a loophole.

Pretty much all transfers are done this way (or in a similar fashion). Even very wealthy clubs like ours or City don't have £100m in cash lying around, so we get a third party (who are geared up specifically for financing business deals) to pay the selling club, and we pay that 3rd party back bit by bit.

It's why we want to structure this particular bid, because paying in one hit is around £160m with taxes. Add the interest the 3rd party will require... 😱

Edited by Bob Singleton
Typo

23 minutes ago, east lower said:

He's gone properly down in my estimation there..........................socks and flip-flops!!!!! Disgraceful 

I used to think that, but then John Terry was spotted sporting that look and of course it was OK, but red socks.........

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Jorginho quickly morphing into Messi with every Arsenal supporting pundits opinion.

I know, it's hilarious! Wait until they discover why we were willing to let him go. With luck it will be Luiz version 3 and Willian version 2.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Even very wealthy clubs like ours or City don't have £100m in cash lying around, so we get a third party (who are geared up specifically for financing business deals) to pay the selling club, and we pay that 3rd party back bit by bit.

Is it Klarna?

18 minutes ago, jcfc831 said:

So is the plan to spend big on these players now and then to concentrate on stadium

Could be. They were tasked with spending £1.5bn on the squad and stadium and they've got the first bit done quickly. As long as everyone gels we're set for years.

Edited by Ham

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Jorginho to Arsenal done .

Personally I wouldn't sell Arteta the steam off my p*ss so I'm a bit annoyed .

Sell now for some money vs losing him (likely still to Arsenal) in the summer on a free. Really need to get Enzo over the line now.