Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

I don't hear anyone mention Felix.He looked better than most of the players we wasted a shed load of money on.Just

But he couldn't play in a 442 or a 451 or 352 the usual nonsense.

He looked comfortable in the premiership or am I missing a nuance?.

If he had the end product to match his undoubted technical ability he'd be capable of becoming world class. Players with that much natural ability who can't finish must have a problem between the ears and its possibly just down to a simple lack of composure? 

I wouldn't be against us loaning him for another year to see if Poch can help sort him out.

Edited by boratsbrother

So Pulisic all but gone. Such a frustrating player, showed glimpses of what looked to be proper talent, but just never really turned out to be that good.

Leaves us with Sterling, Madueke, Mudryk, and Nkunku in those attacking midfield positions (presuming CHO and Ziyech exit as well). We need at least 2 signings if we’re going to play 443 and at least 3 more if we’re going to play 4231. Ideally some PL experience in there as well… Harvey Barnes?

I hope we start making some more signings soon!

12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So Pulisic all but gone. Such a frustrating player, showed glimpses of what looked to be proper talent, but just never really turned out to be that good.

Leaves us with Sterling, Madueke, Mudryk, and Nkunku in those attacking midfield positions (presuming CHO and Ziyech exit as well). We need at least 2 signings if we’re going to play 443 and at least 3 more if we’re going to play 4231. Ideally some PL experience in there as well… Harvey Barnes?

I hope we start making some more signings soon!

Move to Newcastle about 99% done.  With Sterling and Mudryk, do we really need another player who plays on the left? Surely we should be looking for someone on the right to provide competition/cover for Madueke?

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Move to Newcastle about 99% done.  With Sterling and Mudryk, do we really need another player who plays on the left? Surely we should be looking for someone on the right to provide competition/cover for Madueke?

Ah is he? Didn’t realise he was off to Newcastle, good signing for them.

26 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Do we still owe them money for the initial transfer? If so, I presume that will be written off in addition to any money they offer.

I wouldn't count on It where they're concerned , if we EVER do business with Inter again our board want locking up.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Do we still owe them money for the initial transfer? If so, I presume that will be written off in addition to any money they offer.

Probably not, sadly.  Lukaku was bought during the Abramovich era, and under his ownership we tended to pay in one lump sum rather than in tranches (part of the 'power play' we indulged in to show just how rich and powerful the club were. It also made doing business with Chelsea, as opposed to other clubs, a good proposition as you got all your money in one go)

28 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

TIL selling a player requires a bottomless pit of funds. 

Eh.
After spending in excess of half a billion on players with more to come this transfer window, you would expect the club might be able to skip buying any players next January especially when you take into account the number of games the team will play.

Just now, ROTG said:

Eh.
After spending in excess of half a billion on players with more to come this transfer window, you would expect the club might be able to skip buying any players next January especially when you take into account the number of games the team will play.

Considering what I said had literally nothing to do with buying players at all, I'm not particularly sure why this is being discussed in the first place.

I was referencing the future of Chalobah. Specifically regarding keeping him around for the first half of the season, then come January if he's not getting games because Thiago Silva, Fofana, and Reece James are managing to stay readily available we can either sell or loan him out at that point. Should he wish to be playing more.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

I was referencing the future of Chalobah. Specifically regarding keeping him around for the first half of the season, then come January if he's not getting games because Thiago Silva, Fofana, and Reece James are managing to stay readily available we can either sell or loan him out at that point. Should he wish to be playing more.

Why target another academy player?

if you look at those who you names they all played less than 20 games in the PL last season due to injuries, therefore Chalobah will more than likely get plenty of minutes. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Why target another academy player?

if you look at those who you names they all played less than 20 games in the PL last season due to injuries, therefore Chalobah will more than likely get plenty of minutes. 

Holy shit, this literally has nothing to do with "targeting another academy player". 

Go read the actual conversation that was taking place between those involved before trying to create some weird narrative to pick at. 

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

If only...

The TBSD playing another blinder. Rejecting Inters bid and standing firm on a permanent transfer. 

If we get £40m for him, as big a loss as that is, it will be a brilliant bit of business.

I would love to know what our wage bill was pre the TBSD and what it is now. 

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

The TBSD playing another blinder. Rejecting Inters bid and standing firm on a permanent transfer. 

If we get £40m for him, as big a loss as that is, it will be a brilliant bit of business.

I’m not sure how big a loss it is if we work out any write-offs from when we bought the salad-dodger. 

17 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

One could also ask the same question on the clubs income revenue 😀

”don’t get in a tizwas only joking”

25 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I’m not sure how big a loss it is if we work out any write-offs from when we bought the salad-dodger. 

Mr Door,

If Juve are interested in the salad-dodger surely that is the trigger to do a deal for Vlahovic.

IMO Vlahovic seems a Poch type striker. 

Just putting it out there 

Regards

ROTG

Edited by ROTG
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Mr Door,

If Juve are interested in the salad-dodger surely that is the trigger to do a deal for Vlahovic.

IMO Vlahovic seems a Poch type striker. 

Just putting it out there 

Regards

ROTG

My dear Mr Gizmo,

Thank you for your message. It is always good to hear from you. 

I know nothing of Mr Vlahovic but as far as I’m concerned the sooner Mr Fatty Boom Boom is out of our club the better - and I don’t really care how. 

As ever, 

C_M