Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

44 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

When was the last time you had bad Greek food? I think that'll answer your question haha. 

Ha ha well. The Greek kitchen is great, and nutritious;  a bit far from burgers and fries 😉 RL won't have it 😁

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Ha ha well. The Greek kitchen is great, and nutritious;  a bit far from burgers and fries 😉 RL won't have it 😁

He's familiar with the Mediterranean diet, so I'm sure he'd survive lol.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They invented kebabs so Romelu would be well away.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 and baklava is from that part of the world too. Fatty Boom Boom Rom is all set!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I was thinking. If RL signed a 5-year contract in 2021 for £97.5m as reported, his book value would now be three-fifths of that. That's £58.5m, assuming linear depreciation. If he is earning £19.5m per annum (375K/week again as widely reported, then we still have to pay £58.5m in wages in that period. If he left for nothing, the savings in wages would wipe out the book value.

Which is ultimately why a deal will be done somewhere. We need the wages off the books and recoup whatever we can get in terms of a transfer fee

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I bet he does an Alan Partridge and takes his big plate with him wherever he goes. In Lukaku's case, that will be one of those old Sky Satellite dishes converted into a plate.

He could always become a competitive eater.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Which is ultimately why a deal will be done somewhere. We need the wages off the books and recoup whatever we can get in terms of a transfer fee

I’m wondering if we don’t have a case of pursuing this in the courts? Lukaku, only 6 months after he joined, started to make noises he wanted to go back to Inter and later claiming he was only interested in going back to Inter. 

To me it sounds like Inter has created a situation where they can both eat, and keep the cake. In any other walk of life what’s happened would be considered contractual breach and one could argue Inter hasn’t acted in good faith here. 

Based on that alone, I think we should ask for the remaining book value if they want him or ask them to do one. If he is still here come end of transfer window have him train alone after all the other teams are done. Imagine this man had the audacity to claim he’s a life-time Chelsea fan 🤬

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Anyone else notice how uninterested and non committal Levi Colwill was when Noni Mudueke was telling us "don't worry I'm bringing him back"? 

Not the kind of attitude we should be accepting of if you ask me, I'd rather Badiashile gets the place than someone who doesn't appear to want to be here. 

I'd be looking to get rid. 

Just now, thevelourfog said:

I can't shake a really horrible feeling that Colwill will go this summer, actively dreading it far more than the likes of Mount and Havertz leaving. 

Posted just as I was posting similarly. 

Although I think we're better off without another one who'd rather be elsewhere. 

12 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I can't shake a really horrible feeling that Colwill will go this summer, actively dreading it far more than the likes of Mount and Havertz leaving. 

What makes you think that tvf ? (and Mr Kelly)

Interested to know why.....that gut feeling thing doesn't come through overeating!

Know what you mean though...I have the same worry about Reece...different circumstances and not at this time but worried come Christmas time mischief will be afoot.

Our view of "internal" Chelsea affairs comes through various filters and whilst we look for the next "star" the real hardened coaches know players at a different personal and playing level..

Our dreamed of "new" Eden from the academy may be the coaches "new" ultimately,Freddie Adu......

Sorry to mix up players but you get my point ?

Basically we hope, they know!.

(I know the two mentioned were never "our" academy players..just name examples.)

Edited by chara

4 minutes ago, chara said:

What makes you think that tvf ?

Interested to know why.....that gut feeling thing doesn't come through overeating!

Know what you mean though...I have the same worry about Reece...different circumstances and not at this time but worried come Christmas time mischief will be afoot.

Perhaps just not in a positive mood, but just that he's only two years on his deal, his stock is very high at this moment, and I think he would start every week in the sides being reported as courting him. In some ways it might be good Badiashile is out for the start of the season, it means he should (in theory) start the season at least in match day squads, even the starting XI. 

James I worry less about, but you could definitely see him moving to protect his own career if we haven't got our act together in a season or two. I don't think he'd throw in the towel easily but he should be spending most of his career at the absolute highest level. Hopefully that's here.

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I’m wondering if we don’t have a case of pursuing this in the courts? Lukaku, only 6 months after he joined, started to make noises he wanted to go back to Inter and later claiming he was only interested in going back to Inter. 

To me it sounds like Inter has created a situation where they can both eat, and keep the cake. In any other walk of life what’s happened would be considered contractual breach and one could argue Inter hasn’t acted in good faith here. 

Based on that alone, I think we should ask for the remaining book value if they want him or ask them to do one. If he is still here come end of transfer window have him train alone after all the other teams are done. Imagine this man had the audacity to claim he’s a life-time Chelsea fan 🤬

Yeah there's something not at all right here. I've never seen a situation like it ever before.

Certainly a case for breach of contract. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I get that feeling too but I wouldn't be too upset. The talk seems to be that he does not want to be here and if that's true then so be it. I doubt Brighton would pursue him and the Liverpool links won't go away so I'm not getting emotionally invested in him as a Chelsea player until he commits to a new deal (I know, sounds silly but football is silly).

The club seem to be rolling out the red carpet for somebody with 17 Premier League games and 46 total career games and it doesn't seem to be reciprocated. I don't care how good a prospect he is I just don't like the optics.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Really? You’re dreading the prospect of someone leaving who’s played the equivalent to 13,5 half PL games all their career? 

Colwill wasn’t even first choice for Brighton last season, so I’m a bit surprised by how highly he is regarded. If he wasn’t an academy player and owned by us already, no one would want us to sign him.

Tomori played more for us before he was sold to AC Milan and that was for a side that ended up at fourth. You didn’t seem to lose much sleep over him leaving? 

50 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Perhaps just not in a positive mood, but just that he's only two years on his deal, his stock is very high at this moment, and I think he would start every week in the sides being reported as courting him. In some ways it might be good Badiashile is out for the start of the season, it means he should (in theory) start the season at least in match day squads, even the starting XI. 

James I worry less about, but you could definitely see him moving to protect his own career if we haven't got our act together in a season or two. I don't think he'd throw in the towel easily but he should be spending most of his career at the absolute highest level. Hopefully that's here.

if he doesn’t want to be here it’s easy, sell him to the highest bidder. 

Agreed on James though, we have a season or two to get our act together or else we risk losing him. 

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Taking everything into account (initial purchase from Anderlecht, loan fees and transfer fees from WBA & Everton, fee to Inter, loan fee from Inter), Lukaku has cost CFC in excess of €80m (plus wages!)

He has offered to drop his wages by £1m a year which is..... *checks notes* ..... 3 week's wages.

• Angry 1

20 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Really? You’re dreading the prospect of someone leaving who’s played the equivalent to 13,5 half PL games all their career? 

Colwill wasn’t even first choice for Brighton last season, so I’m a bit surprised by how highly he is regarded. If he wasn’t an academy player and owned by us already, no one would want us to sign him.

Tomori played more for us before he was sold to AC Milan and that was for a side that ended up at fourth. You didn’t seem to lose much sleep over him leaving? 

Aren't about 50% of your posts complaining about us selling academy products and playing expensive foreign players in roles they could have had? 

I'm more bothered by what I think Colwill moving on would represent in a bigger picture sense. It's one thing when academy products leave because they want first team football and another when they specifically want that elsewhere, where a clear offer of it isn't the best offer open to them. It's not a trend I'd like to see started.

Tomori was 4th, maybe even 5th, choice by the time he left, having been given a real chance. Literally nothing he has done since suggests we made the wrong move. I've slept like a baby on it, quite right.

Edited by thevelourfog
Typo
  • Like 2