Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12285073/Chelsea-contact-Juventus-ask-Dusan-Vlahovic-Blues-draw-forwards-shortlist-Pochettino.html

If the rumour is true of Lukaku plus £21m for Vlahovic, make it happen TBSD, even if it means paying him £250 per week which is still considerably less than Lukaku

No brainer IMO

Also TBSD get to tell Lukaku, "pack your bags son we done The Italian Job on you"

I think Lukaku will refuse the move. 

• Agree 2

Lukaku's whole attitude is that of a big time Charlie. The reality is that in his numerous chances he has failed to impress in the world's top league. Like Pogba Italy gives him a chance to be the big fish in the little pond even though he is not even always a starter at Inter. Get rid ASAP.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Can he?

Tbh I am happy he goes anywhere in Italy except Inter (he won't be happy as he will get stick) but if it is Inter then we must make them pay properly

Yes, he can. However, if he refuses the move and does not turn up for training, then, as @Bob Singleton says, we sue for Breach of Contract. We will have to continue our part of the contract until we get a judgement and look to recoup our costs in damages. It isn't a place Lukaku should want to be, and I'd expect his agent/lawyers to point this out.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Looks like we're doing everything we can to bend to his will 😧 Let's hope it doesn't backfire on us. Come Monday, if there's no deal to ship him out, if he's not at Cobham then we need to be looking at' breach of contract'

Thibaut Courtois situation if media reports are to be believed

Maybe the club should just fire him and go to court. If he is fired I assume that takes him off the FFP books and if he was to win his case at a later date that would be deemed compensation, which I guess is nothing to with FFP?

over to you Bob

2 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

Gone early again I see.

That because he was an unnecessary signing, who will not get near the first team. The signing seems more of lets get him loan him for a couple of years and sell him for a profit. 

His next loan 24/25 will be Championship of lower PL, then flog him in the summer 2025

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, ROTG said:

he is a £10m player and more than likely the clubs next Batshuayi, probably never going to be a Chelsea first team regular 

You're not making a whole lot of sense. I said I am curious.

You can't tell me I'm not. 

50 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You're not making a whole lot of sense. I said I am curious.

You can't tell me I'm not. 

If i am not making a lot of sense, maybe you can enlighten me on what you think he brings or is going to bring to the party?

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

If i am not making a lot of sense, maybe you can enlighten me on what you think he brings or is going to bring to the party?

I have no idea, as he barely played. That is why I am curious to see how he gets on, because to me, he looked talented, if not a bit raw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I have no idea, as he barely played. That is why I am curious to see how he gets on, because to me, he looked talented, if not a bit raw.

He certainly looked like he had something about him and should have featured more in a dead season. 

I thought Fofana looked awful in the few appearances he got ... Funny old game, isn't it. Kinda irrelevant because he should have been straight back on loan and I strongly suspect someone messed up and didn't realised giving him even one minute in a Chelsea shirt meant he'd couldn't go anywhere. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Yes, he can. However, if he refuses the move and does not turn up for training, then, as @Bob Singleton says, we sue for Breach of Contract. We will have to continue our part of the contract until we get a judgement and look to recoup our costs in damages. It isn't a place Lukaku should want to be, and I'd expect his agent/lawyers to point this out.

There’s probably a long way to go before a ‘breach of contract’ could be applied. The club, just like most others will  have a code of conduct and disciplinary process to follow. Normally and as far as other instances of not turning up for training invokes a two-week wage fine and warning.

The club would have to get him to the gross-misconduct stage to get him to a dismissal position or breach of contract. 

Best outcome for all is getting a transfer fee up around the £35+ million and all his wages off the books. Personally I’d dearly like the club to sit him on his large derrière and leave him there, no football, make him report in every day to the club and embarrass the bejesus out of him, but the compromise hurts less commercially and therefore is the best scenario as regards finance.

He and Mount, cut from similar cloth for me.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Kudos to Pochettino for telling both Lukaku and Aubameyang not to darken the doors of Cobham until next week or hopefully until we can persuade someone else to take them off our hands.

I agree, my holiest of molies. Or moliest of holies! 

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Kudos to Pochettino for telling both Lukaku and Aubameyang not to darken the doors of Cobham until next week or hopefully until we can persuade someone else to take them off our hands.

Theyve been told to return on Monday 17 July - Chelsea leave on Sunday 16 July to the US ( i think)

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I thought Fofana looked awful in the few appearances he got ... Funny old game, isn't it. Kinda irrelevant because he should have been straight back on loan and I strongly suspect someone messed up and didn't realised giving him even one minute in a Chelsea shirt meant he'd couldn't go anywhere. 

For the most part I agree. He looked very much lost, like someone who had been thrown into a game several levels above his ability. You know that awkward feeling where he gets by on will alone but doing it ugly. 

Having said that, I did think he had a few moments of perhaps not brilliance but let’s say, hrm, promise? His movement was at times really good in the box. Granted it wasn’t often enough, but there is a player there somewhere. Perhaps never quit Chelsea quality but I’m sure he can have a decent career elsewhere. A loan is of course the only sensible option at this stage. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Please be true.  He gave me Zidane vibes during the Euro U21s.  That encouraged me to have a look at his YouTube compilations. 

The sort of player who gets you out of your seat.  Nobody has done that at Chelsea since Hazard.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37995209/chelsea-set-bid-rayan-cherki-christian-pulisic-replacement-sources 

Talent for sure. Young. But he is inexperienced and has to work on his end product. But vibes of Hazard I can get. He just needs a decent haircut! 

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Please be true.  He gave me Zidane vibes during the Euro U21s.  That encouraged me to have a look at his YouTube compilations. 

The sort of player who gets you out of your seat.  Nobody has done that at Chelsea since Hazard.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37995209/chelsea-set-bid-rayan-cherki-christian-pulisic-replacement-sources 

Hoping this happens also, he's a really exciting player and has that "x-factor" about him. 

Wish he had a yard or two of extra pace, or at least acceleration off the mark, but otherwise he's got all the creative tools to pull strings and be a menace inside the final third. 

Sterling/Mudryk on the left, Noni and Cherki on the right would be a promising mix with plenty of variety - albeit it quite raw.

8 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

For the most part I agree. He looked very much lost, like someone who had been thrown into a game several levels above his ability. You know that awkward feeling where he gets by on will alone but doing it ugly. 

Having said that, I did think he had a few moments of perhaps not brilliance but let’s say, hrm, promise? His movement was at times really good in the box. Granted it wasn’t often enough, but there is a player there somewhere. Perhaps never quit Chelsea quality but I’m sure he can have a decent career elsewhere. A loan is of course the only sensible option at this stage. 

Talent for sure. Young. But he is inexperienced and has to work on his end product. But vibes of Hazard I can get. He just needs a decent haircut! 

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Hoping this happens also, he's a really exciting player and has that "x-factor" about him. 

Wish he had a yard or two of extra pace, or at least acceleration off the mark, but otherwise he's got all the creative tools to pull strings and be a menace inside the final third. 

Sterling/Mudryk on the left, Noni and Cherki on the right would be a promising mix with plenty of variety - albeit it quite raw.

Apparently available at eur 40m so not outrageous..... 

Not seen him play but lots of hype. 

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Not required at the moment, the club has enough kids to go on with, time for some leadership recruitment to get back into a CL spot.

He is not going anywhere and is contracted to 2025, should he have another  good season and Chelsea make CL, then I am sure if the Coach wants him the TBSD will pay whatever it costs to get him

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jul/10/football-transfer-rumours-lukaku-to-psg-vlahovic-to-chelsea

I'm a tad unsure about another player from Serie A...our record from buying players in that league isn't great. Lukaku, KK, Zakaria, Zappacosta, Higuaín. In fact the last really successful buy was Rudiger 6 years ago. But then again, we need a striker because we haven't had a real striker since Costa.