Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Asmir Begovic is looking for a club, surely he good enough for the No.2 or No.3 GK spot for next season as a short term option?

Probably also a good vocal person in the right sense to have around

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

You'd know all about chapters, verses, and spinning ideologies now wouldn't you. Actually, come to think of it it all kinda makes sense once one begins to connect the dots a little. Explains why you're so consistent when it comes to twisting what others say to create these hokey self-serving narratives you love to push - Todd Boehly Sports Department anyone...

For the record though not once have I claimed "Roman bad, Boehly good", that we'd win things with kids, or that every kid from the academy is useless (your latest creative work). 

Thankfully I'm not an entitled self serving prick, so I don't expect success as some forgone entitlement. I'm just glad we still have a club to support, the rest really is a privilege. 

Good response for which i am not going to respond to

I will continue to reply to you postings, and will endeavour to soften down the tone of the response with this being a close family forum.

I have noticed you have gone quiet on Vlahovic, any reason?

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

As good as a shot-stopper as Donnarumma is, he's god awful with the ball at his feet (see the Madrid game from last season), or in any sort of sweeper like role.

Absolutely 

If memory serves me he also used Chelsea twice as a contract bargaining tool "Pay Rise" with AC Milan 

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

He could turn out to be another disappointment.Just preparing  you for another kick in the teeth,however the signs look good.

Could be more the case of the hand he's been dealt "the squad" and if it is good enough, which I am sure we will see and hear about in due course, considering the length of his contract and the remit given to him

17 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Cesc was great. His creativity and wonderful passing made up for his lack of pace. Enzo has yet to show he can do the same damage to the opponent's  to make up for his lack of pace.

I mean, he absolutely has 

Assists against West ham and Leicester spring imediately to mind

21 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Could be more the case of the hand he's been dealt "the squad" and if it is good enough, which I am sure we will see and hear about in due course, considering the length of his contract and the remit given to him

What is the remit given to him?.

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The bloody obvious which is to win games which he reiterated during his press conference...  Now pay attention and stop nodding off

I used to have sympathy for you and think you were hard done by.

"Pay attention"? ....tremendous...good lad!.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

I have noticed you have gone quiet on Vlahovic, any reason?

Unless I've missed something there's not a whole lot to really add to want's already been expressed. 

Decent player, regressed under a negative manager, room to grow in a better environment, but ultimately not worth the £70m or so being thrown about either.

23 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Decent player, regressed under a negative manager, room to grow in a better environment, but ultimately not worth the £70m or so being thrown about either.

Only £20 if Lukaku is moved on

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I mean, he absolutely has 

Assists against West ham and Leicester spring imediately to mind

How many of these should have ended up as assists or key passes?

Closest thing to Cesc in the Prem right now.

Half a season. No time to acclimatise. In a shambles of a team with shit coaching.  

It's a miracle he's been so good and testament to his strength of character, especially when he could easily have been on a comedown after the world cup.

Elite player with an elite mentality. 

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Ham said:

How many of these should have ended up as assists or key passes?

Closest thing to Cesc in the Prem right now.

Half a season. No time to acclimatise. In a shambles of a team with shit coaching.  

It's a miracle he's been so good and testament to his strength of character, especially when he could easily have been on a comedown after the world cup.

Elite player with an elite mentality. 

2 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

I think Enzo is class - but what this clip actually shows is how utterly crap we have been up front. 

Class act

Imagine if prime Hazard and Costa were on the end of those passes. 

2 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Would you all be happy with Cherki, Caicedo and Vlahovic as the next and last three in this window? 

Honestly I think I would. 

Yep, as long as we keep Gallagher.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3