Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

36 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It would be a massive disappointment if we discard Havertz, Mount, Pulisic and Lukaku only to replace them with Nkunku, Madueke, Mudryk, Jackson and Broja. 

10 league goals for us last season with those 4.

To be brutally honest, I have not seen Jackson play at all apart from the odd YouTube video, so have no idea what he may bring. 

I'm not going to continue with the GK argument. We had our worst ever scoring season in the PL last year and had the 4th or 5th best defence (even with our complete mess of a season). The problem was at one end. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Don't bother Paul, I've mentioned this numerous times and it just gets ignored.

Out of the 5 seasons he has been here, three of them his was first choice, we finished 3rd, 4th and 12th but I think even his biggest critics wouldn't put much blame on him for last season. It could be argued that it was possibly his best season so he's actually better than the two years when we finished 3rd and 4th yet the team Infront of him was utterly shambolic.

Whatever people want to say about him has has 100% proved he is good enough for a team to finish in the top four. I mean, it's an actual fact.

Most importantly for me, even when he was benched for two seasons, he has stayed loyal, got his head down, never complained and got on with his job. Compare that to the rats of last season and it's almost enough on it's own.

For some reason he never looked a convincing GK to me. Maybe we've been spoiled by Cech and Curtois levels.

This post makes me change my mind, maybe we'll be ok with with Kepa next season.

32 minutes ago, Bones said:

For some reason he never looked a convincing GK to me. Maybe we've been spoiled by Cech and Curtois levels.

This post makes me change my mind, maybe we'll be ok with with Kepa next season.

He’ll be far better protected and so will the defence (I hope!!) 👀

• Like 1

We're now praising Kepa for 'staying loyal' by keeping his head down when he was second choice, continuing to collect a salary he shouldn't be on and nobody else in world football would be dumb enough to pay him. Hilarious. 

Just now, Bison said:

We're now praising Kepa for 'staying loyal' by keeping his head down when he was second choice, continuing to collect a salary he shouldn't be on and nobody else in world football would be dumb enough to pay him. Hilarious. 

Bit harsh mate. 

13 minutes ago, Bison said:

Lol last word Bison. Maybe ask Hilario to come out of retirement.

Linked to Neymar again I see. 

Please God no. The most overrated player I have ever seen in my life. If he played for us he would last ten minutes before some premier league clogger decides to make a name for himself and kicks him up in the air. Would spend 87% of his time in a Chelsea shirt on the ground screaming like a 6 year old, doing triple pike rolls appealing vainly for fouls he hasn't got a prayer of getting. The other 13% walking around in the centre circle hoping someone passes it to him while we concede another goal.  His entourage would upset the club, the circus would derail the cub and 100% ensure Mudryk never succeeds at Chelsea.  

What does he do? Absolute dross. Disruptive, dangerous and divisive dross at that. And expensive dross. 

The media would absolutely torture him if he played for us.  I'd be absolutely mortified if we signed him. Catastrophic. 

Luckily, I cant see it. 

Just now, Morgs said:

Linked to Neymar again I see. 

Please God no. The most overrated player I have ever seen in my life. If he played for us he would last ten minutes before some premier league clogger decides to make a name for himself and kicks him up in the air. Would spend 87% of his time in a Chelsea shirt on the ground screaming like a 6 year old, doing triple pike rolls appealing vainly for fouls he hasn't got a prayer of getting. The other 13% walking around in the centre circle hoping someone passes it to him while we concede another goal.  His entourage would upset the club, the circus would derail the cub and 100% ensure Mudryk never succeeds at Chelsea.  

What does he do? Absolute dross. Disruptive, dangerous and divisive dross at that. And expensive dross. 

The media would absolutely torture him if he played for us.  I'd be absolutely mortified if we signed him. Catastrophic. 

Luckily, I cant see it. 

In a world where the media have nothing to say about a Spurs equaliser whilst Cucurella is having his head snapped back by the hair and the ref and VAR look the other way on purpose that's half Neymar's game gone .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Come on Paul. You know exactly what I mean. If we go in with those three key positions being covered by said players then you know just as well as I do that we aren’t getting even close to competing for a top four. 

It would be a massive disappointment if we discard Havertz, Mount, Pulisic and Lukaku only to replace them with Nkunku, Madueke, Mudryk, Jackson and Broja. 

This is a ridiculous squad to go with for 23/24:

GK: Arrizabalaga

M: Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher, Santos, Hall

AM: Nkunku, Mudryk, Madueke, Sterling

S: Jackson, Broja

Even assuming we get Caicedo, we are definitely one quality striker, AM and GK short to be a serious contender for top four. 

Genuinely can't fathom how people can't see this  (not aimed at Paul W, just a general comment).  

Broja is 21 years old and has 7 premier league goals.  He is coming back from a big, big injury lay off.  

Jackson has got 12 goals at senior level - in Spain, an easier league.   He's also a kid and moving to a new country. 

We are being incredibly naive if we think they can lead the line for Chelsea. 

Every year we seem to be reducing our firepower, not adding to it.  If we thought it was bad with Giroud, Tammy, Werner and Havertz then god only knows what this season will bring.

As for Kepa, him being 1st choice goalie when we finished 3rd or 4th is no more a defence of him, than it would be Alonso, Jorginho or Ziyech.   He's clearly upgradeable. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

Genuinely can't fathom how people can't see this  (not aimed at Paul W, just a general comment).  

Broja is 21 years old and has 7 premier league goals.  He is coming back from a big, big injury lay off.  

Jackson has got 12 goals at senior level - in Spain, an easier league.   He's also a kid and moving to a new country. 

Every year we seem to be reducing our firepower, not adding to it.  If we thought it was bad with Giroud, Tammy, Werner and Havertz then god only knows what this season will bring.

As for Kepa, him being 1st choice goalie when we finished 3rd or 4th is no more a defence of him, than it would be Alonso, Jorginho or Ziyech.   He's clearly upgradeable. 

Who are we going to upgrade Kepa with then , considering Onana is going for 50m plus 5m add on?

There are plenty of better keepers out there but not vast amounts better that would justify the outlay when we have more pressing concerns , we still haven't signed a proper holding midfielder yet or a stand out centre forward as you mention above.

Kepa has at times been awful , he has a mistake in him but last season he was very good when , as Martin says , the chips were down. 

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I don't think Jackson or Broja would be as bad as Havertz. I'm pretty confident if they played all 38 games between them next season they would score more than the 7 goals Havertz managed. I reckon any half decent striker would score more than 32 goals in 139 games, but in fairness to him he's clearly not a striker. 

I agree with you that we do keep reducing our firepower but it's pretty obvious we are now trying to rectify it, would be amazed if we start the season with just Jackson and Broja. At least  Sterling, Nkunku, Mudryk, Nkunku, Broja and Jackson is a start. Completely different to what we have had previously and the way Pochettino plays they should all thrive. Add say Vlahovic and Cherki and we are there or there abouts. 

I try to stay away from this thread during the closed season and in all honesty I don't know why I bother, when I do, it's always the same, people getting het up about hypotheticals, as that's all it can be at this stage,  and going round and round in circles and that's not a pop at you. 

Curious as to who you, and others that share your view on Kepa, would replace him with......

39 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I would take him, if it would help him. I have struggled massively with mental health problems over the last few years. I used to be one of those that never talked, never cried and would just tell people to 'man up' but have been through a lot since a very young age, my uncle died when I was 8, a year later my parents split up, my brother was a drug addict and died at 19 when I was 15, lots more in-between then and now but the last few years have been savage and I hit rock bottom and I mean rock bottom, like not wanting to be around any more. 

Never liked him but after reading his interview yesterday I would not be against him coming here, we are in desperate need of numbers in multiple positions and if we as a club, Pochettino as a man could help him get through what he is going through I would actually welcome it.

I’m sorry to read your story bro. 💙

Putting his interview, numbers and relationship with Poch aside do you genuinely think he could deliver? 

20 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I’m sorry to read your story bro. 💙

Putting his interview, numbers and relationship with Poch aside do you genuinely think he could deliver? 

Absolutely not, I think he is a busted flush. We are, however desperately short of numbers and experience, he would offer both. It may be that he isn't that bothered about playing minutes, being part of a set up under Pochettino may be more important to him than playing for Everton or Besiktas, he wouldn't be any worse than some of what we saw last season either and who knows if Pochettino could get him anywhere near what he once was he could be a useful squad player, although I doubt that.

But some things are more important, if we could give him a purpose and help him get through what he is going through I would be very happy with the club. It's incredibly brave what he has done, opening up like he has and for all our faults as a fan base, at times, I could actually see the vast majority of us really getting behind him.

I'm not sure it's a coincidence that a few days before his interview Pochettino said he wanted to contact him and try to help him, almost like the club is sowing the seeds........

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Thanks for that post @martin1905  I'm heartily sick and tired of the Neanderthals in this group whose knee jerk reaction to everything mental-health related is that people should just 'man up'  

Oh man up, Bob 😉

I would take him, if it would help him. I have struggled massively with mental health problems over the last few years. I used to be one of those that never talked, never cried and would just tell people to 'man up' but have been through a lot since a very young age, my uncle died when I was 8, a year later my parents split up, my brother was a drug addict and died at 19 when I was 15, lots more in-between then and now but the last few years have been savage and I hit rock bottom and I mean rock bottom, like not wanting to be around any more. 

Never liked him but after reading his interview yesterday I would not be against him coming here, we are in desperate need of numbers in multiple positions and if we as a club, Pochettino as a man could help him get through what he is going through I would actually welcome it.

Mental health disorder is such a broad spectrum of human pain and because it generally has no outward physical manifestation it is difficult for people to understand the degree to which people are suffering. The phrase "Panic attack" and the word depression are often used glibly, but both panic disorder and clinical depression are, at their worst, life-threatening illnesses. 

I have to say, on the subject of Delli Alli, that I have always disliked him for his wide boy antics and his demeanour on the pitch. Having seen his interview my heart definitely went out to him and he seemed sincere in wanting to tell his story to help other youngsters in his position. If we can be part of his rehab I'm sure both we and he will benefit. It does seem as though Dysche is a considerate and thoughtful man manager though, so maybe he is happy to stay where he is.

Sending positive thoughts your way Martin.