Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

Well. That’s more like it. Looks like we got our summer window done early. This time round we’ve just gone and blown our rivals out the water. Plus we’ve got room to ship some out and recoup some money. Not bad at all. Be exciting to see this squad coming together. 

Indeed... and it gives us a 6 month "pre-season" for all but two of the new boys to get acquainted (although I wouldn't put it past the owners still splashing the cash - albeit not quite as ostentatiously as now - in the summer)

2 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

Really hope we can get Felix on a permanent in the summer.  On paper we should be more than challenging next season!

One area we may now only lack in is a solid goalkeeper...

We'll also need a DCM to replace Jorginho!

Enzo Fernandez is a goal scoring/goal creating version of Kante, not an out and out defensive midfielder.

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

8.5 year contract! 

Amazing business. Amazing window.

I need to see our squad written down to fully take it in.  

GOALKEEPERS: Kepa, Mendy, Bettinelli, Slonina (U-21)

FULL BACKS: Azpilicueta, James, Chilwell, Cucurela

CENTRAL DEFENDERS: Silva, Koulibaly, Chalobah, W Fofana, Badiashile

CENTRAL MIDFIELD: Kante, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka (U-21), Hall (U-21), Santos (U-21), Enzo Fernandez

WIDE MIDFIELD/ATTACKERS: R Sterling, Havertz, Mount, Pulisic, Joao Felix, Mudryck, Madueke

STRIKERS: Aubameyang, D Fofana

EDIT: Doesn't include those joining in the summer

Edited by Bob Singleton
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Enzo Fernandez is a goal scoring/goal creating version of Kante, not an out and out defensive midfielder.

I’m hoping Kante returns sooner rather than later. I was never quite sure what Jorge was. Certainly not in Kante mould nor a Modric type. Similar size to both but don’t how to describe him. I was never a huge fan but tbf he has been decent if not brilliant. Hope he’s shite for the gooners. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I think he can play deep in a two with Kovacic or Kante and maybe Santos.  But Rice would be the icing on the cake!

13 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

GOALKEEPERS: Kepa, Mendy, Bettinelli, Slonina (U-21)

FULL BACKS: Azpilicueta, James, Chilwell, Cucurela

CENTRAL DEFENDERS: Silva, Koulibaly, Chalobah, W Fofana, Badiashile

CENTRAL MIDFIELD: Kante, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka (U-21), Hall (U-21), Santos (U-21), Enzo Fernandez

WIDE MIDFIELD/ATTACKERS: R Sterling, Havertz, Mount, Pulisic, Joao Felix, Mudryck, Madueke

STRIKERS: Aubameyang, D Fofana

EDIT: Doesn't include those joining in the summer

Enzo is the oldest of those permanent transfers.... Aged 22.

You left out Zakaria. 

13 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

I think he can play deep in a two with Kovacic or Kante and maybe Santos.  But Rice would be the icing on the cake!

He can but it's not his ideal position either. He excels on the ball creating, not as much defensively breaking up play and shielding a defence. We're also now far more reliant on Kova and Kante being fit because we genuinely don't have a natural option to that play deeper #6 type role anymore.

32 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I’m hoping Kante returns sooner rather than later. I was never quite sure what Jorge was. Certainly not in Kante mould nor a Modric type. Similar size to both but don’t how to describe him. I was never a huge fan but tbf he has been decent if not brilliant. Hope he’s shite for the gooners. 

Kante is 32 next month, even if he does come back sooner rather than later his shelf life is limited anyway and can't play that deeper role. We also don't know what Kante is going to look like as a player upon return. I'd be wary of pinning many hopes or exceptions on him having the sort of impact that's attached to his reputation. 

6 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Omari Hutchinson to West Brom isn’t happening either.

Looks like all our focus was on getting the Fernandez deal done and everything else fell by the wayside. 

There's some talk floating claiming WBA are the ones that backed out, so who knows that's happened there. 

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Kante is 32 next month, even if he does come back sooner rather than later his shelf life is limited anyway and can't play that deeper role. We also don't know what Kante is going to look like as a player upon return. I'd be wary of pinning many hopes or exceptions on him having the sort of impact that's attached to his reputation. 

certainly not pinning my hopes but neither am I consigning him to the trash. Let’s see what happens between now and end of season but as it stands , a goal scoring striker is our top priority. We have a few that might adapt to DM , but none that can regularly hit the back of the net.