Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

5 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Him and Moreira are obviously signings for the future, both loan bound, or maybe one plays for the dev team initially. 

Yes, that is obvious. It isn't, statistically speaking, clear why Angelo Gabriel is, though, considered one for the future. They aren't especially impressive even considering his youth. Perhaps those stats just don't do him justice.

20 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Yes, that is obvious. It isn't, statistically speaking, clear why Angelo Gabriel is, though, considered one for the future. They aren't especially impressive even considering his youth. Perhaps those stats just don't do him justice.

Statistics is artificial intelligence that is destroying imagination and the ability to assess a player with your own eyes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Caicedo update. God knows what we’ve been negotiating about these last few weeks. But apparently we might be increasing our offer…

IMG_7468.jpeg

Sometimes I do wonder why these “negotiations” take so long. It’s a football club buying a player, it’s not exactly complicated.

21 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Sometimes I do wonder why these “negotiations” take so long. It’s a football club buying a player, it’s not exactly complicated.

I guess it down to the Rice transfer setting a bar which Brighton getting Caicedo to sign a new contract in January and not overly worried if they sell him or not.

There are probably other interested parties in the mix, who Brighton are aware of. Thinking  of Chitty and how they tried to scupper the Arse deal for Rise and maybe Dippers if you believe the media.

however you look at it, whoever buys his is getting fleeced IMO

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Statistics is artificial intelligence that is destroying imagination and the ability to assess a player with your own eyes.

Yea that’s basically my opinion as well, although I can understand the concerns, stats at 17/18 years old certainly aren’t the be all and end all. 

14 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

It wasn't?  Well, you asked why it takes so long, and I've given you the answer.

Quite.

I'm done wasting my time here.

You haven’t. It’s obvious it’s between the clubs. I was discussing the haggling. It shouldn’t take too long, yet it does. I was wondering why. I’d also like to know why you’re so grumpy all the time 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Nothing artificial about being able to count, nothing especially intelligent about counting the absolute basics. Like how often an attacking player scores or creates goals.

I'm just curious about this particular player, precisely because I can't really watch and assess them myself and nothing about what I can easily see is jumping out at me. The scouts must see something. 

Edited by thevelourfog

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

It wasn't?  Well, you asked why it takes so long, and I've given you the answer.

Quite.

I'm done wasting my time here.

56 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

You haven’t. It’s obvious it’s between the clubs. I was discussing the haggling. It shouldn’t take too long, yet it does. I was wondering why. I’d also like to know why you’re so grumpy all the time 🤣🤣🤣

MT posts often make me think of him as a hybrid of the characters Holden Caulfield and Hank Chinaski.......one for anyone who has read those books 🙂

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Not really.I expect a player that costs a kings ransom to show something special.

Absolutely

Continue say as you see it, and keep away from writing war and peace nonsense on tosh like double pivots, when did football become a dance? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Chelsea will be in their traditional colours of Azure blue

Chelsea Blue is a registered colour: hex code #034694

Azure is very different

13 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Absolutely

Continue say as you see it, and keep away from writing war and peace nonsense on tosh like double pivots, when did football become a dance? 

The working man's ballet, old chap.

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Isn't the point behind all this to pick up the players such as Enzo, Caicedo, Cucurella (well the promising version of him), MacAllister, Toney etc. before Brighton, Brentford, Benfica etc. do, so avoid getting fleeced since we have cut out the middle men and directly have these players with us, whether to use directly for ourselves or to sell on further for profit, or both. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

56 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

MT posts often make me think of him as a hybrid of the characters Holden Caulfield and Hank Chinaski.......one for anyone who has read those books 🙂

Holden Caulfield...Obsessed with phonies, an icon of teenage rebellion and essentially mad. Don't see the relation to MT.