Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Yep. Seeing a similar situation with Paulinha at Fulham. 
I think it’s fast approaching plan B and C on the target list though. If we can’t make this happen for somewhere around the £80 mark, then time to move on.

I like Caicedo as a player, but he is no world beater and whilst he makes us better, I am not massively convinced on him at this price. 

Touched on this in a prior comment above but the alternative options are thin as it stands. 

No Rice, Brozovic and Ugarte who've all moved this summer already. Paulinha wouldn't be any easier to get done as you've eluded towards. There's Amrabat, who had wanted to join Atletico but is being linked with both Man Utd and Liverpool recently. Otherwise the pickings are slim besides maybe Onana from Everton, who for me is probably the more suitable option but who knows what Everton would demand after only signing him last summer for £33m or so. 

Lavia doesn't strike me as being the right type of player to partner Enzo, nor even ready with how raw he still looks. 

6 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Great, the Chelsea injury tradition strikes before the season even starts, what a shock, shouldn’t of signed Fofana in the first place. 

A little disingenuous to pin this on any of his prior injuries, not as if he's had ACL problems in the past. 

They can literally happen to anyone.

1 minute ago, xceleryx said:

A little disingenuous to pin this on any of his prior injuries, not as if he's had ACL problems in the past. 

Sure, but he’s also had six knee injuries at only 22 years old, signing him was always a risk. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Blue Kratos said:

If there were ever a clearer path to the 1st team for Colwill then this is it.

Colwill plays on the left, W.Fofana on the right. Not sure they'd be in direct competition anyway, would be highly unlikely we'd line up with two left footed CB's together IMO. Can't even think of a left-footed pairing come to think of it. 

Edit: Think you meant this as in Gvardiol blocking a path for Colwill once re-reading? If so, I would take Gvardiol over Colwill every day of the week.

Edited by xceleryx

2 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Colwill plays on the left, W.Fofana on the right. Not sure they'd be in direct competition anyway, would be highly unlikely we'd line up with two left footed CB's together IMO. Can't even think of a left-footed pairing come to think of it. 

Why not? We see right footed CB's being paired all the time without issue. Logic would dictate left footed pairings would work just as well. Besides, at this level, players should be comfortable with both feet. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Maybe we'll re-enter the Gvardiol sweepstakes. 🤞

Got to. 

8 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

The worry is that he's already come back from one and if this is the same ACL then he may well not play again. God I hope not. I really like him, such appalling luck. 

Another one this might open the door for is Bashir Humphries who is right footed, 6"2 and had an incredibly successful loan season last season. Is he ready? No. Can he provide depth and cover? Sure. 

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

I think, sadly, the safest thing to assume is that Fofana is done. He can't be a meaningful part of any long-term planning for us now, not after two significant injuries in a year and considering his history before that. 

Heartbreaking. Truly heartbreaking. 

10 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

It was always a ridiculous price  to pay for a player coming back from a very serious injury and with just one good season behind him. He clearly has a very fragile body and I'll be amazed if that huge problem does not severly limit the chances of him reaching his potential.🙁

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I think, sadly, the safest thing to assume is that Fofana is done. He can't be a meaningful part of any long-term planning for us now, not after two significant injuries in a year and considering his history before that. 

Terrible shame for him. Must be devastating. From the point of view of the club, are we covered by insurance for injuries of this sort?