Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

It may be, in the long term, that we have to move Fofana on and bring in a replacement or it may be that the surgery fixes any problems he has with his knee and he comes back even better 

Can you name one player at a top Premiership club who's ever come back and been as good after they've had 3 consecutive seasons ruined by injury?  We have to be realistic and accept the chances of Forfana making it back to a high level are not that good.🙁

59 minutes ago, BMox81 said:

Glad Auba managed to get a move away in what was a shitty situation to be in. Wish him all the best.

A least his pension fund got a dam good top last season for doing sweet FA. 

37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Poch has come out and said that the Forfana injury has meant they need to change their transfer approach and get in a Centre half after all .

Harry “Hill” Maguire it is. 

All of a sudden the David Essex song from Evita comes into my head. 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Can you name one player at a top Premiership club who's ever come back and been as good after they've had 3 consecutive seasons ruined by injury?  We have to be realistic and accept the chances of Forfana making it back to a high level are not that good.🙁

For all of TB foolishness, one can assume TB put some kind of insurance in place for this outcome. Probably why he sent him to the states for his medical. 

44 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Poch has come out and said that the Forfana injury has meant they need to change their transfer approach and get in a Centre half after all .

Makes sense really. I assume we were looking at Colwill and Fofana as starters with Badiashile and Silva as back ups with Chalobah being sold. Fofana’s injury leaves us with Colwill and one of an ageing Silva or a surplus Chalobah to partner him given that Badashiele is injured and plays on the left anyway. Honestly, if the Board thought we could get by with what we have then I’d be really concerned. 

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Dier and Linderlof have only a year left on their contracts. 

How scary is that. 😳

Lindelof is a steady centre half in fairness. Not saying he is the answer, but if you could pick him up for the right fee around the £20-£25 million area, he would do a decent job.

Far more reliable player than Maguire and would not cost as much either. Anyway, I am sure there are many better options out there than both of them.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Presnel Kimpembe only has 1 year on his contract at PSG , I wonder , with Poch's links to PSG whether he'd rate him enough to try a bid  27 so still has some life left in him...

So it's Kimpembe or Dier 😀

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Kimpembe may not be a brilliant player but he's head , shoulders , riding on the head of a Brontosaurus above Dier .

Also forgot the Daniel part of a Dier deal

Personally midfield and a decent striker are a higher priority 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Honestly what's more worrying is he was prepared to go into the new season relying that heavily on Fofana working out, now, I know many rate him on here and some have question marks; I have disagreed with the signing from day one as he never showed a commanding display in all the games I watch him in, sure he showed moments of quality (every young player does or they wouldn't be given the chance) but he was always alongside a 'main man' of the defensive partnership.

I think for the fear of signing a centreback on a long contract and being stuck with too many players, or a late 20's player on an awkward contract, I'd look at rotating Badi and Col at LCB, with a rotation of Silva and someone like Bonucci for the next year. Some(or many) may disagree, but I have far more worries when looking at our midfield and attack than I do at our defence, but maybe that's because I never throught Fofana would be on the pitch anyway.

Guehi back to Chelsea… is the rumour. We don’t have a buy back clause but we do have ‘first refusal’, which doesn’t help us in this scenario.

Im not sure he’s the answer, but I wouldn’t completely be against it. Has PL experience now, knows the club and is the right age for where we’ve been looking recently.

All this said, it is potentially just lazy journalism… Fofana out with injury, Chelsea need new defender, former Chelsea defender linked… job done, sign off for the night.

• Agree 4

46 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Guehi back to Chelsea… is the rumour. We don’t have a buy back clause but we do have ‘first refusal’, which doesn’t help us in this scenario.

Im not sure he’s the answer, but I wouldn’t completely be against it. Has PL experience now, knows the club and is the right age for where we’ve been looking recently.

All this said, it is potentially just lazy journalism… Fofana out with injury, Chelsea need new defender, former Chelsea defender linked… job done, sign off for the night.

Pick a name out of the hat like I did earlier with Kimpembe! 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

How are we set for home grown players? I wonder if that is where some of the 2+2 links have come from. 

Guehi would surely cost a fortune.

• Agree 1

Interesting conundrum for the club now.

Fit(ish) LCBs: Badiashile, Colwill, Humphries, Sarr

Fit RCBs: Silva and Trev

Is it too soon for Gilchrist?

Can we raid Leeds for Ayling or Dallas on a 1 year loan?

Edited by bertles86

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

For all of TB foolishness, one can assume TB put some kind of insurance in place for this outcome. Probably why he sent him to the states for his medical. 

I think any claim for comp could only be activated if Forfana had to retire early. I think it's more likely he'll end up not rrecovering well enough to play for us and move down to a lower level club or league in which case I'm not sure we could claim anything. Just keep our fingers crossed he beats the odds and does go on to have a good career with us.