Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Surely Cucurella is a good enough to do a job as 5th choice centre back, we have 3 other options at LB so just retain one as cover. Apparently Poch has been trying Maatsen out at LW too. Unlikely we are going to sign a CB at the Fofana level so make do with what we have for the season if there isn't a stop gap option

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Surely Cucurella is a good enough to do a job as 5th choice centre back, we have 3 other options at LB so just retain one as cover. Apparently Poch has been trying Maatsen out at LW too. Unlikely we are going to sign a CB at the Fofana level so make do with what we have for the season if there isn't a stop gap option

Bro. Really?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Well Poch said we're going to have to because of the injury to Forfana so he is probably as enamoured  as I am at the prospect of Cucu at LCB where he was truly awful last year. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well Poch said we're going to have to because of the injury to Forfana so he is probably as enamoured  as I am at the prospect of Cucu at LCB where he was truly awful last year. 

Not actually what he said - "Of course we now need to think and see if we keep as we are, or if we need to work to maybe add some players"

There would have to be 4 of our centre backs injured at one point to consider playing him there, in a crisis you make do with what you have. I don't think we are going to sign an £80m centre back, I don't see the point in investing tens of millions on a player to hang around for years just to cover for the above crisis situation

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Guehi would surely cost a fortune.

I think we have first refusal and a 20 percent sell on clause. I’m not sure but doesn’t this mean if another club matches Palace’s valuation of 50m, then he’s available to us for 40m? And given that we sold him for 20m, it doesn’t look entirely unattractive. It’s about what we’d get for selling Chalobah. I’ve not been watching Guehi at Palace though, so can’t comment on whether he’s improved. But he’s club captain and an English international with proven Premiership experience so I’d be surprised if we don’t consider him at least. 

49 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Not actually what he said - "Of course we now need to think and see if we keep as we are, or if we need to work to maybe add some players"

There would have to be 4 of our centre backs injured at one point to consider playing him there, in a crisis you make do with what you have. I don't think we are going to sign an £80m centre back, I don't see the point in investing tens of millions on a player to hang around for years just to cover for the above crisis situation

Thanks, as per usual I was misled by an ITK on the Internet 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Poch will love him, he's going nowhere especially as he's one of only two midfielders we have that aren't children and he's versatile so can play further forward, another position we are lacking numbers in. Also looks like he really wants to stay, a lot can be said for that.

In the picture he resembles a young Beckham.......

1 hour ago, Bones said:

The guy is putting a shift in. Keep him. Curious to see what he gives this season.

F38E8F27-9319-4D77-84A7-24681D0FF18A.png

Incredible muscles on those legs and clearly a sign of a player working his ass off and giving it absolutely everything he's got to try and make it here.

Even if he's not the most technically gifted, that kind of desire can take a sportsman/woman a long way. I so hope he make it at Chelsea!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Would take Kimpembe. Would have taken him before the injury to Fofana too tbh.

Kimpembe is currently out of action with a long term injury. In fact he was injured for most of last season. Don’t think he’s a realistic target. 

5 hours ago, Original 21 said:

I think we have first refusal and a 20 percent sell on clause. I’m not sure but doesn’t this mean if another club matches Palace’s valuation of 50m, then he’s available to us for 40m? And given that we sold him for 20m, it doesn’t look entirely unattractive. It’s about what we’d get for selling Chalobah. I’ve not been watching Guehi at Palace though, so can’t comment on whether he’s improved. But he’s club captain and an English international with proven Premiership experience so I’d be surprised if we don’t consider him at least. 

Not quite how it works I believe. They're both seperate clauses so wouldn't entitle us to a "discount" from whatever valuation Palace put on him. The first refusal allows us to match any potential offers that come in for him from other clubs, while the sell on clause would entitle us to 20% of whatever transfer fee is paid for him should he move clubs outside of Chelsea. 

We could in theory try to negotiate to remove the 20% clause in exchange for a slightly discounted move back, but without any other clubs coming in to sign Guehi there's no real leverage in that at present. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Incredible muscles on those legs and clearly a sign of a player working his ass off and giving it absolutely everything he's got to try and make it here.

Even if he's not the most technically gifted, that kind of desire can take a sportsman/woman a long way. I so hope he make it at Chelsea!

I've heard it all now.So muscles on a players legs means his trying?.

Some players have bigger muscles  than others

Edited by Michael Tucker
Obvious deletion. Please stop.

39 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I've heard it all now.So muscles on a players legs means his trying?.

Some players have bigger muscles  than others

Someone who has extreme muscles like that only gets then by workingvery hard in the gym. Connor is clearly working as hard as he can to be as fit and strong as he can possibly be and high levels of fitness and physical strength are two areas we have been lacking on the pitch.

• Agree 1