Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

What I don't understand about Lukaku is that his problem was with Tuchel. So what the hell is his problem to just come back to us and give it a fresh go now under a new manager and what is for all intents and purposes, basically an entirely new Club since he had his stupid interview in late 2021.

• Agree 1

Just now, CarefreeMuratcan said:

What I don't understand about Lukaku is that his problem was with Tuchel. So what the hell is his problem to just come back to us and give it a fresh go now under a new manager and what is for all intents and purposes, basically an entirely new Club since he had his stupid interview in late 2021.

Poch doesn't want him he said " It's obvious what is going on with him" and "both the club and the player are in the position they wanted" 

Personally I hope he goes anywhere , I'd swap him for a bag of balls.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Poch doesn't want him he said " It's obvious what is going on with him" and "both the club and the player are in the position they wanted" 

Like for like.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Anywhere as long as it's not Inter.

The famously anti Chelsea Daily Mail have taken a moment off from tonguing the scrotum of Erik ten Hag and now are trying desperately to sell Conor Gallagher to Spurs and Ian Maatsen to Forest .

Are we really looking to move these two on ?

Personally , I like the pair of them and think they will be good to save tired legs in the season if they aren't starting 

Boehly cannot hope to be going into the season with a skeleton squad surely?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Maatsen I fully expected to he sold. LB is fully (if not well) stocked, he'd be pure book profit, and I thought he had only a year left on his deal. Might have been wrong on that, though. There have been surprisingly few rumblings of a sale, though.

Gallagher is puzzling because a cursory look at our squad suggests we are in no position to sell him (very light at CM and in advanced midfield, down in home grown numbers) and yet the constant rumours persist. I wonder if there was a point we were offering him about and it is a legacy of that.

10 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Maatsen I fully expected to he sold. LB is fully (if not well) stocked, he'd be pure book profit, and I thought he had only a year left on his deal. Might have been wrong on that, though. There have been surprisingly few rumblings of a sale, though.

Gallagher is puzzling because a cursory look at our squad suggests we are in no position to sell him (very light at CM and in advanced midfield, down in home grown numbers) and yet the constant rumours persist. I wonder if there was a point we were offering him about and it is a legacy of that.

The shape he's come back in suggests he's really determined to impressive the new manager and nail his place down.

12 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Deja Vu - 26-December 2014 Anyone? 😀

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally , I like the pair of them and think they will be good to save tired legs in the season if they aren't starting 

Only playing 38 games and maybe a cup run, hopefully no tired legs.. Sick note maybe 😀

Edited by ROTG

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The famously anti Chelsea Daily Mail have taken a moment off from tonguing the scrotum of Erik ten Hag and now are trying desperately to sell Conor Gallagher to Spurs and Ian Maatsen to Forest .

Are we really looking to move these two on ?

Boehly cannot hope to be going into the season with a skeleton squad surely?

If we sell Gallagher and/or Maatsen I’m seriously off Chelsea for a while. It pains me to see how we are constantly premiering expensive signings when we have so many good players in the academy. That balance is crucial to get right for us, and I think it is somewhere like 4 academy players, 6 foreign players and 2 English players from another club on average/starting eleven. 

Players who can cover the academy slots are James, Chalobah, Colwill, Maatsen, Hall, Gallagher, Broja, Humphries. Perhaps someone here I’ve forgotten. Point being, only James, Chalobah, Colwill, Maatsen, Hall and Gallagher are good enough to play a serious part for us next season. So I’m thinking we are in no position to do anything with that group of players, apart from loaning some of them for playing time. 

The group of Englishmen from other clubs are covered by Chilwell, Bettinelli, Chukwuemeka, Madueke and Sterling. Bettinelli unlikely to play many games and Chuk likely to go out on loan. 

I know some may not agree with this, but I believe you build a team not only from a technical point of view, but also from a perspective of mentality, attitude and culture. Here I really do believe there is a need to have a strong club foundation from the academy, and other English players. Then sprinkle the foreigners on top and really spend on quality here. 

Right now we seem to be able to meet this basic criteria. However, if we are going to look at it from an age perspective that balance is rather off. It’ll be interesting to see how we manage the rest of the window. 

I suppose we have players to cover a squad, but you’d have to raise question marks whether we should take in Humphries (Fofana), Slonina (GK2, push for GK1), Casadei AND Santos AND Hall (CM 4/5/6), Angelo Gabriel (RW) and Broja AND Burstow/Richards as S2/3 and Jackson as S1. 

It would be a very ballsy move to go into the new season solving all our issues with existing players. My priority list goes; 

S1

RW

GK

This is assuming Caicedo is already done. If not, an additional CM is at the top of the list. If we get Caicedo I’d like to see how Casadei/Santos/Hall would do as back-ups to Enzo, Caicedo and Gallagher. 

We need edge to this team, so S1 and RW need to be bringing serious goals. GK being someone who can win us points. In a perfect world we sign an additional CB to cover for Fofana but I’m worried how that will affect Colwill. 

So I’d be keeping Casadei, Humphreys, Santos, Hall and one of Broja/Richards/Burstow as S3. Angelo Gabriel has a European loan love written all over him. France, Holland, La Liga or Portugal is my best guess. 

GK: Arrizabalaga, GK, Bettinelli

RB: James, Gusto

LB: Chilwell, Maatsen

CB: Silva, Badiashile, Colwill, Chalobah, Humphreys/Fofana

CM: Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher, Casadei, Santos, Hall

RW: RW, Madueke

LW: Sterling, Mudryk

AM: Nkunku

S: S, Jackson, Broja/Richards/Burstow

I’d be really happy with that. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Gallagher is simply not a CM. He is an attacking midfielder that is hard working, capable of getting beyond the striker and shooting from distance.

Good qualities but not something I would look for from somebody playing in a central area to help build our play.

He isn't a good passer, cannot play with his back to goal or play on the half turn and these are for me *must have* qualities for a CM at a top club. Ideally I would want him as far away as possible from our own goal.

I would keep him and let him compete with Nkunku for the position behind the striker but if we do go 4231 I would never want him to be one of the 2.

4 minutes ago, Bison said:

Gallagher is simply not a CM. He is an attacking midfielder that is hard working, capable of getting beyond the striker and shooting from distance.

Good qualities but not something I would look for from somebody playing in a central area to help build our play.

He isn't a good passer, cannot play with his back to goal or play on the half turn and these are for me *must have* qualities for a CM at a top club. Ideally I would want him as far away as possible from our own goal.

I would keep him and let him compete with Nkunku for the position behind the striker but if we do go 4231 I would never want him to be one of the 2.

I think he'd more than likely be one of the 3 

51 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Works for me, Dave. 

57 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If we sell Gallagher and/or Maatsen I’m seriously off Chelsea for a while. It pains me to see how we are constantly premiering expensive signings when we have so many good players in the academy. That balance is crucial to get right for us, and I think it is somewhere like 4 academy players, 6 foreign players and 2 English players from another club on average/starting eleven. 

Players who can cover the academy slots are James, Chalobah, Colwill, Maatsen, Hall, Gallagher, Broja, Humphries. Perhaps someone here I’ve forgotten. Point being, only James, Chalobah, Colwill, Maatsen, Hall and Gallagher are good enough to play a serious part for us next season. So I’m thinking we are in no position to do anything with that group of players, apart from loaning some of them for playing time. 

The group of Englishmen from other clubs are covered by Chilwell, Bettinelli, Chukwuemeka, Madueke and Sterling. Bettinelli unlikely to play many games and Chuk likely to go out on loan. 

I know some may not agree with this, but I believe you build a team not only from a technical point of view, but also from a perspective of mentality, attitude and culture. Here I really do believe there is a need to have a strong club foundation from the academy, and other English players. Then sprinkle the foreigners on top and really spend on quality here. 

Right now we seem to be able to meet this basic criteria. However, if we are going to look at it from an age perspective that balance is rather off. It’ll be interesting to see how we manage the rest of the window. 

I suppose we have players to cover a squad, but you’d have to raise question marks whether we should take in Humphries (Fofana), Slonina (GK2, push for GK1), Casadei AND Santos AND Hall (CM 4/5/6), Angelo Gabriel (RW) and Broja AND Burstow/Richards as S2/3 and Jackson as S1. 

It would be a very ballsy move to go into the new season solving all our issues with existing players. My priority list goes; 

S1

RW

GK

This is assuming Caicedo is already done. If not, an additional CM is at the top of the list. If we get Caicedo I’d like to see how Casadei/Santos/Hall would do as back-ups to Enzo, Caicedo and Gallagher. 

We need edge to this team, so S1 and RW need to be bringing serious goals. GK being someone who can win us points. In a perfect world we sign an additional CB to cover for Fofana but I’m worried how that will affect Colwill. 

So I’d be keeping Casadei, Humphreys, Santos, Hall and one of Broja/Richards/Burstow as S3. Angelo Gabriel has a European loan love written all over him. France, Holland, La Liga or Portugal is my best guess. 

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

4 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Because YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID !!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Yep. He would not even enter the equation to play deeper in central midfield for me.

He lacks the discipline, technique and positional seems to play this role.  He’s a useful squad player who can fill a couple of positions.l and different roles. I’m very much thinking of him as almost a special teams type player. He’ll be effective as a utility player to help the team. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

S1

RW

GK

I agree with you on the need to develop an environment with the right mentality and attitude and to establish a club culture. It's what allows clubs like Atletico Madrid to punch consistently above their weight and why PSG and their ilk won't achieve their potential. A fundamental structure which defines the club more important than anything else. From it derives the pride of the fans and the longevity of the club's success.

• Thanks 1

Assuming we sign Caicedo, I don't think we need to sign anyone else other than an experienced GK2. We can cope with a leaner squad this season, and include a number of youngsters that will hopefully be ready to play a fuller part in a season with European football in 2024/25.

Big decision to be made on Maatsen and Cucurella.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Assuming we sign Caicedo, I don't think we need to sign anyone else other than an experienced GK2. We can cope with a leaner squad this season, and include a number of youngsters that will hopefully be ready to play a fuller part in a season with European football in 2024/25.

Big decision to be made on Maatsen and Cucurella.

Keep them both. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

S1

RW

GK

I'm not gonna pretend to have seen loads of Maatsen but I've seen enough to want him to stay.

I'm not a Cucurella basher and wouldn't mind him staying for another year, if we didn't already have Maatsen.

For me it's a no brainer, get back as much as we can  Cucurella for and give his place in the squad to Maatsen. 

• Agree 4

53 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I'm not gonna pretend to have seen loads of Maatsen but I've seen enough to want him to stay.

I'm not a Cucurella basher and wouldn't mind him staying for another year, if we didn't already have Maatsen.

For me it's a no brainer, get back as much as we can  Cucurella for and give his place in the squad to Maatsen. 

Yep, I'm in. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

One assumes Maatsen staying is dependent on him signing a new contract?

I believe his current contract expires in 2024

4 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Glad to hear you're not a Cucurella basher, although probably more information than required on the forum 😉