Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

You just know that Andre Onana will be a pretty big player for them. £47m isn’t too bad of a deal either. 

Think Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool are all having great summer windows so far. Arsenal need a serious attacker, Liverpool another CM or two if both Henderson and Fabinho leaves, Man U could do with a top class defender and a striker just to keep the squad a bit healthier in terms of quality and bodies. 

Im torn on how we should proceed at CB. Meaning, I am 100% behind that all the senior CBs currently at the club stays, we could potentially use a stop-gap solution. Someone around 30, haven’t gone completely and who can step up and do a job when required. No idea who that CB is… Maybe a one-year loan with an option to buy? 

I can understand why he doesn't want a loan move. 19 goals and 5 assists in a top 5 league should get you a better move than 15th place Strasbourg.

His current team finished above Strasbourg so it's a non starter. 

31 minutes ago, Bison said:

I can understand why he doesn't want a loan move. 19 goals and 5 assists in a top 5 league should get you a better move than 15th place Strasbourg.

Not seen him play. I watched an infamous YouTube video of him when we were linked last week. One thing that stood out, he looks a lethal finisher. A number of his goals were well struck shots with good technique and he managed to find the corners of the net with a number of his goals from last season. 
Ahem……A slightly odd controversial moment if you check his wiki site . No idea if that was true or not ! 

37 minutes ago, Bison said:

Signing him to loan him out would be singularly pointless. It is such a ridiculous idea that you'd previously be very confident it was made up.

25 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Signing him to loan him out would be singularly pointless. It is such a ridiculous idea that you'd previously be very confident it was made up.

Unless we intend him to instruct the Strasbourg academy lads in Cucurella bashing 😳

2 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

Not seen him play. I watched an infamous YouTube video of him when we were linked last week. One thing that stood out, he looks a lethal finisher. A number of his goals were well struck shots with good technique and he managed to find the corners of the net with a number of his goals from last season. 
Ahem……A slightly odd controversial moment if you check his wiki site . No idea if that was true or not ! 

Wiki:

In October 2021, a 22-year old woman filed a legal complaint against Wahi for violence that resulted in her being incapable to work. She claimed that he had punched her in the nose during an evening out at the L'Entrepôt nightclub in Lattes, Hérault, on the night of 12–13 September a month earlier. 

In November 2021, it was revealed by investigative reporter Romain Molina that Wahi had been expelled from Caen's youth academy for allegedly pressuring secondary school students to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Wiki:

In October 2021, a 22-year old woman filed a legal complaint against Wahi for violence that resulted in her being incapable to work. She claimed that he had punched her in the nose during an evening out at the L'Entrepôt nightclub in Lattes, Hérault, on the night of 12–13 September a month earlier. 

In November 2021, it was revealed by investigative reporter Romain Molina that Wahi had been expelled from Caen's youth academy for allegedly pressuring secondary school students to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms.

He should fit right in here.

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Wiki:

Well he can F right off then, employing someone like that is worse than having a betting company on your shirts. 

• Agree 4

16 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Looking at W.Fofana alternatives for the season got me thinking about Bonucci. With Giuntoli joining Juve recently as Sporting Director from Napoli, Bonucci has reportedly been told he'll not be a starter or part of the clubs plans for next season. While he's not the player he once was during those peak BBC years, he may be an inexpensive short-term solution to our problem.

At 36 he doesn't really block any sort of pathway for the younger guys, adds some experience and winning culture, plus suits a side wanting to play out from the back. Might be a more favourable solution than spending £40, 50 or 60 million on an alternative and then having to juggling that next season. 

Koulibaly would’ve been ideal. We just can’t catch a break. 

Another week rolls by and STILL negotiations continue over Caicedo.  Everyone said it would get done at around £80m 6 weeks ago.

Latest talk is of us considering offering £80m.  

I really hope they know what they're doing as the current group of players could literally finish anywhere in the PL table. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Ham said:

Another week rolls by and STILL negotiations continue over Caicedo.  Everyone said it would get done at around £80m 6 weeks ago.

Latest talk is of us considering offering £80m.  

I really hope they know what they're doing as the current group of players could literally finish anywhere in the PL table. 

Tell Brighton to stick it.

• Agree 1

Pretty disrespectful to say you want another club's player in your team when the opposite manager refuses to talk about Caicedo as he doesn't belong to us.

I say it again, Brighton aren't this bullish for Colwill if they aren't actively being encouraged by the player and/or his reps.

• Agree 1

The club need to come.our and make a statement about the comments from De Zerbi , tell them that we will never sell any player to them again and especially not Colwill and that we are withdrawing our bid for Caicedo  and if he then goes to Liverpool so be it .

Fxxk Brighton .

• Agree 1

From what I've seen on Twitter ITK's, the norm nowadays seems to be that players agree personal terms with the buying club before deals are agreed between the buying and selling clubs. Perhaps a naive and uninformed question, but how come our tapping up of Ashley Cole was such a big issue back then?

On our transfers - the Caicedo transfer is getting tiresome. We can't afford to go in to the season without bolstering our midfield, and if Brighton don't look like loosening their stance, we should leave and start exploring alternatives quickly. 

Edited by SideshowLuiz
  • Like 1

This Caicedo thing is going to rumble on all summer isn’t it and Brighton will play hard ball because they’re desperate for Colwill, it might be best to walk away and target someone else. As for Vivell, not sure what’s happened but it doesn’t sound good. 

Edited by Floyd25

3 hours ago, SideshowLuiz said:

On our transfers - the Caicedo transfer is getting tiresome. We can't afford to go in to the season without bolstering our midfield, and if Brighton don't look like loosening their stance, we should leave and start exploring alternatives quickly.

Not really that enamoured with him, but if Brighton persist like this, no choice but to back out and get Lavia instead, or this will drag and we have other positions to target. 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The club need to come.our and make a statement about the comments from De Zerbi , tell them that we will never sell any player to them again and especially not Colwill and that we are withdrawing our bid for Caicedo  and if he then goes to Liverpool so be it .

Fxxk Brighton .

No MK

The club should continue on it stealth mode of negotiations with other clubs and make things public when it happens. At this moment in time the club needs minimum press coverage with ongoing transfer and internal matters. 

Edited by ROTG

15 hours ago, ROTG said:

KK mk2 only slower, absolute disaster waiting to happen, and to think you mocked me for suggesting on PL wise players like Mee, Tawaroski, cody last season

Its a wonderful world

Never claimed Bonucci to be this magical saviour or without drawbacks, he is however a possibility given the sort of market we're looking at. There's no sense in us spending £50m on a CB like Ghuei for example that doesn't move the needle and possibility becomes an issue next summer. We could of course look at signing another upcoming talent such as Scalvini, Goncalo Inacio, or Antonio Silva who'd likely cost similar, if not more, but then creates a logjam of young upcoming CB's once everyone is fit. This leaves us with looking at the other end of the spectrum, in a short term older player that can just be a stop-gap for a season - which suits our needs. 

The difference between you suggesting Mee and Tarkowski is that you wanted them here as starters, I just want Bonucci as short term injury cover. He just happens to be up for sale, and ticks a few of the footballing boxes we want. 

FWIW I'd be entirely fine with buying one of Scalvini, Goncalo Inacio, or Antonio Silva and dealing with aftermath of that next summer. All three are supremely talented players and could be leading centre halves for years to come. And in Gonzalo Inacio's case, I believe he's got a favourable release clause of around £40m. 

12 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Completely agree, Bonucci at this stage of his career would be a disaster. 

Having a quick look at CBs in their late 20s / early 30s with a year remaining on their contract (which is where we may be looking), the ones who 'stand out' are:

Savic
Nacho
Hummels
Lindelof
Lascelles

Not exactly an inspiring list, but if we go elsewhere the price will go up significantly... tricky.

This is the pickle we have. There's not much in the way of cheap, yet solid defenders, that also fit the football we'll play.