Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

12 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

You just know that Andre Onana will be a pretty big player for them. £47m isn’t too bad of a deal either. 

Don't think he really raises the bar for Man Utd in all honesty. 

Obviously far better on the ball than De Gea, but he's nothing particularly special as an actual keeper/shot-stopper and prone to his own errors. 

He'll be pressed a lot more in the Premier League compared to that of Serie A, and if you watch some of his clips at Ajax he's not immune from ballsing it up in compromising positions. A little sample below.

7 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Koulibaly would’ve been ideal. We just can’t catch a break. 

Well yeah, that's hindsight for you I suppose. Granted, I was in favour of keeping him around for a second season, but also hard to justify a squad player on those wages. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

Not really that enamoured with him, but if Brighton persist like this, no choice but to back out and get Lavia instead, or this will drag and we have other positions to target. 

The sticking point with Lavia though is that he doesn't really remedy our issues. 

We'd be better served signing someone like Onana from Everton. 

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Never claimed Bonucci to be this magical saviour or without drawbacks, he is however a possibility given the sort of market we're looking at. There's no sense in us spending £50m on a CB like Ghuei for example that doesn't move the needle and possibility becomes an issue next summer. We could of course look at signing another upcoming talent such as Scalvini, Goncalo Inacio, or Antonio Silva who'd likely cost similar, if not more, but then creates a logjam of young upcoming CB's once everyone is fit. This leaves us with looking at the other end of the spectrum, in a short term older player that can just be a stop-gap for a season - which suits our needs. 

Odds on Igor Julio coming into the fold

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

The sticking point with Lavia though is that he doesn't really remedy our issues. 

We'd be better served signing someone like Onana from Everton. 

Either should only cost around 7m as they are very much Ampadu level

9 hours ago, Bison said:

Pretty disrespectful to say you want another club's player in your team when the opposite manager refuses to talk about Caicedo as he doesn't belong to us.

I say it again, Brighton aren't this bullish for Colwill if they aren't actively being encouraged by the player and/or his reps.

The BBC reporting of his press conference is pretty different.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66275358

"I am proud about Levi because he showed his quality with the national team and I am very happy for him. I love him but it is not our player."

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is what happens when you burn too many bridges. I have absolutely no sympathy for this child.

He's an egotistical clown who can go where he likes as long as its not Chelsea. 

Deserves everything he gets. 

I expect privately he's already threatening Inter to go public on their scamming of Chelsea. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is what happens when you burn too many bridges. I have absolutely no sympathy for this child.

He’s a few fries short of a happy meal as well, which will probably disappoint him.  

• Haha 2

Reports that we're considering a deal for Mbappe who has been transfer listed by PSG. 

Do we really want another player on stupid money to upset the others whilst believing the club is there to serve them and not the other way around? 

I hope this is cobblers. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Reports that we're considering a deal for Mbappe who has been transfer listed by PSG. 

I don't see this happening. Whilst undoubtedly we are one of the clubs which could afford whatever tag PSG put on him, can't see him accepting a move based on the wage structure we are developing. He'd have to be on the same money as Reece or Raheem, nothing more. 

Also doesn't he play off the LW? 

We need an out and out striker, and one without baggage which Poch can mould. I'm kinda surprised we're not looking at any Championship players, what about Piroe? 19 goals in the Championship last season and wouldn't be expensive.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Do we really want another player on stupid money to upset the others whilst believing the club is there to serve them and not the other way around? 

I hope this is cobblers. 

Yep just what we need, another weak-minded diva.

I hope this is cobblers. 

This doesn’t make sense. We’re supposed to be signing Neymar. We surely can’t afford both Neymar and Mbappe. Especially with no European football. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I hope this is cobblers. 

Rumours are that he’s going to sit on the bench at PSG next season and collect his £100m wages then move to Real Madrid on a free transfer and pocket a £160m signing on fee. Nice work if you can get it!

10 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

If there was any chance of signing Mbappe, you take it.

Just as well there is absolutely no chance. 

When there is talk of Al Ahli offering £200m to PSG for a player running down his contract and £200m per year in wages for just ONE YEAR, you know we're not involved. 

Most likely scenario is that he stays at PSG for the year if he doesn't fancy Saudi. 

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

Rumours are that he’s going to sit on the bench at PSG next season and collect his £100m wages then move to Real Madrid on a free transfer and pocket a £160m signing on fee. Nice work if you can get it!

Lukaku Mkll

• Agree 1

Apparently we're at the stage of having almost agreed terms with Kudus of Ajax.  

Reminds me a lot of Kovacic but with added goals and assists. 

Could be a really good addition to the midfield. 

Him, Caicedo and a striker and I'd be happy. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3