Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

23 minutes ago, Ham said:

Apparently we're at the stage of having almost agreed terms with Kudus of Ajax.  

Reminds me a lot of Kovacic but with added goals and assists. 

Could be a really good addition to the midfield. 

Him, Caicedo and a striker and I'd be happy. 

I read that Kudus was one of Brighton’s main targets as well. Nice one!

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Particularly when Brighton are after him. 

That'll learn them. 

• Haha 1

Only what I read on Wicki but Kudos seems to have had a fair amount of time out injured.

Hard, for me, to tell if it is a "pattern" or just the "normal" result of game involvement.

With the Chelsea injury problems perhaps I am just being oversensitive?

6 minutes ago, chara said:

Only what I read on Wicki but Kudos seems to have had a fair amount of time out injured.

Hard, for me, to tell if it is a "pattern" or just the "normal" result of game involvement.

Trust me Chara, you're not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Hey buddy

You need to evaluate how many cloggy's there are in the top teams in the PL

The club should leave cloggy imports to ManUre 

Looks a good player Kudus. He was close to joining Everton last season, but that didn’t seem a big enough move for him to me. He looked like he could do better than Everton.

I thought he had a good World Cup last year too. It’s another wide attacking midfielder though. We are quite well stocked with options there, so presume this would mean a loan for Angelo and possibly Chuk.

He would be an interesting addition, but can’t help but think in the wrong area. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chara said:

Looking at this injury history.

Missed about a month last season with a hamstring, and illness. Then about 4.5 months in total the season prior with fractured ribs and an ankle injury. Then 2.5 months with a meniscus injury, plus another month with fitness stuff after that.

Not particularly encouraging, but also no trending injuries of a particular type either so I guess that's something. 

13 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

It’s another wide attacking midfielder though...but can’t help but think in the wrong area. 

Snippet from The Athletic article on the guy yesterday:

A...stocky player with boundless energy...Kudus is a midfield bulldog, speed dribbler and powerful ball-striker rolled into one...ability to dominate various roles with his blend of physicality and speed...utilised his unique profile all over the pitch...has played as many as seven positions since his debut...from a deep-lying No 6 to...centre-forward.

So think more like Essien less like Hazard. A midfield bulldog who can cover many positions and bag a goal or ten. Sounds absolutely ideal.

Edited by bertles86
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Snippet from The Athletic article on the guy yesterday:

So think more like Essien less like Hazard. A midfield bulldog who can cover many positions and bag a goal or ten. Sounds absolutely ideal.

Promising player for sure. I am not sure I see him being used in this type of role though. If we are playing 4231, then you would not play him in the two with Enzo. I don't really see the No10 role being ideal, though he probably could play there. Plus we have Nkunku who will most likely take that role, with some support options. 

I think wide on the right is the role he would most likely play.

6 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I think wide on the right is the role he would most likely play.

Could be, we'll have to wait and see. Maybe he's cover and/or competition for Madueke on RW, if Mudryk and Sterling battle it out for LW which is the best position for both of them. In that context RW might make sense.

Because with Ziyech out, and Nkunku/Jackson/Broja central, there's logic to it. 

Wait and see!

52 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Could be, we'll have to wait and see. Maybe he's cover and/or competition for Madueke on RW, if Mudryk and Sterling battle it out for LW which is the best position for both of them. In that context RW might make sense.

Because with Ziyech out, and Nkunku/Jackson/Broja central, there's logic to it. 

Wait and see!

I’m very excited to see Madueke this season, and to see Raheem back to his best.

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think Raheem is going to get in to the side given his and their performances so far

We’ll see. In my view he has the experience and ability. But as you suggest Mr K it’s up to him. I do feel he can really be a big asset on and off the pitch. 

It’s up to him - and Poch. It’s so nice to have a manager again whose judgment I really do trust. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I must say - and I know they’re only friendly matches - but Jacko and Nkunku look like very good buys. Whole team looks happier, fitter and more committed already so far with the rubbish mostly all gone.

Can immediately see the shift in attitude that's taken place also. 

• Agree 4

Fabrizo Romano is linking us with Eyle Wahi, having read up on Wahi's history I'm not so sure we should be bringing his personality to the club; allegations of punching a woman and being expelled from Caen's youth setup for forcing school students to do...well...thing's they really shouldn't be asked to do in front of anyone...in front of him, we need to manage our public relations carefully.

Edited by Gurj SS
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Ham said:

Signing Olise would just block any path for Angelo Gabriel.  Makes no sense. 

We're signing attacking wide players by the dozen, there's clearly no expectation that all of them make it here. Of Olise and Gabriel, one signing would make sense for the first team and it's not the one we've made. 

4 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Olise's pay increase?

Apparently he has a £35m release clause in his contract, in which case, that wouldn’t be the worst fee as from what I saw last season, he looks to have a lot of talent.

I think we’ll end up with 2 of Olise, Cherki or Kudos and then one of Gabriel of Moreira out on loan, as seems likely we’ll be playing 4231.

Mudryk
Sterling
Madueke
Nkunku
Gallagher
Olise/Cherki
Kudos

With the possibility of Maatsen sticking around and able to play wide left as well.

For me, it obviously lacks experience, but it is stacked with talent and a lot of potential.