Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I was thinking more along the route of "wear and tear" and the incessant "hamstring related injuries" that have plagued the squad in recent times.

I agree but also I think we need to look at the medical team. The injuries thing just won’t do.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They've changed the rules on work permits , you can have four players who wouldn't normally qualify for a work permit now. 

Interesting, have to confess to knowing very little about it and was basing my guess on Andrey Santos not getting one. 

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Because we only have one RW option at present if we're to believe Angelo, who is only 18 mind you, will likely spend the season out on loan playing regularly and adjusting to European football. 

Olise has, and can, also play centrally which would mean he could fill that Erikson-type role if Poch opts to have something like that with us. 

16 assists from 65 Premier League matches. 

Arsenal, Man City, West Ham, Norwich, Burnley, Leeds, Wolves, Bournemouth x2, Brentford, Leeds x3, West Ham, Bournemouth and Notts Forrest. 

4th most assists in the league last season behind Trossard, Salah and KDB. 

Not that assists tell the full story of how impactful he actually can be of course. 

• 92nd percentile for shot-creating actions
  • 74th percentile for progressive carries
  • 94th percentile for assists 
  • Virtually 75th percentile and upwards in almost all passing related criteria
  • Sits exceptionally well in all defensive categories, a big plus point for wide players these days.

And so on and so forth. 

He doesn't take priority over a DM for example, but he's also a nice player to pick up if the opportunity arises for a very reasonable price.

Playing for a poor team, too.

My Palace mates are cacking it over losing him, on top of Zaha. 

You're right, assuming Ziyech goes, Gabriel and Morreira are loaned, that leaves only Madukeke as a RW. Sterling and Mudryk better on the left. 

I can see Palace being right in the smelly stuff this year.

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Playing for a poor team, too.

My Palace mates are cacking it over losing him, on top of Zaha. 

You're right, assuming Ziyech goes, Gabriel and Morreira are loaned, that leaves only Madukeke as a RW. Sterling and Mudryk better on the left. 

I can see Palace being right in the smelly stuff this year.

Can understand why, I can see them struggling heavily this season.

Also, looks like Angelo will go after the US tour.

Edited by xceleryx

58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's a shame as I think he's been great so far 

He's looked bright but I think it's probably a good idea in general, particularly if Olise joins. We'll get a more established option for now, while Angelo can get a season in Europe in a less demanding environment. 

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

I mean Koulibaly wasn't actually THAT bad, he took time to adapt in a side that was poor as a whole and still managed to do reasonably well towards the back end of the season. I was in favour of keeping him and maybe doing so would've avoided this whole situation we have now. That all aside however, our needs for a Fofana replacement are quite specific. We want someone that's shorter term, ideally has some experience, and from a fit perspective good on the ball but still with actual defensive qualities, all while not costing us an arm and leg. How many of these players currently exist? 

Bonucci isn't perfect by any means, I said as much originally, but he does tick some of the boxes we need. I remember many also heavily wrote off Thiago Silva, and yet he's arguably been one of our most consistent performers since his arrival. 

If we're just going to go "f--k it" and get a longer term CB replacement and work it out later then I'm all for one of Scalvini (Atlanta), Goncalo Inacio, (Sporting CP) or Antonio Silva (Benfica).

Bonnuci is the last thing we need, I'm hoping you're not James Corden so this suggestion will go no further!

Very pleased with the pace and inventiveness, direct running etc of Nkunku, Jackson and Mudryk. 

We might cause some teams some headaches this season. I really like Jackson, he's a lot bigger and more physical than I thought he was.  Really got something about him. 

Lovely confident finish from Mudryk too - instinctive. More of that please. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Would you sell Gallagher?  I know he's not the most competent of players but I actually quite like his work-rate.

No. He brings something we don't have in the squad aside from him and i think he will blossom under Poch. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Morgs said:

No. He brings something we don't have in the squad aside from him and i think he will blossom under Poch. 

Have to agree Morgs.

With some established guys now gone (Kova, Rat and Jorgi) we need guys who will do the dirty work.

Con is no Henderson at this stage but I hope he can still develop into something of that ilk and have influence over these younger guys. And Con is only 23 himself. However I want to see a core of these chelsea lads be the foundation for every generation to come.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Would you sell Gallagher?  I know he's not the most competent of players but I actually quite like his work-rate.

I would sell him if we adequate other midfield players. We don't have nearly enough, even if Caicedo joins.

• Like 1

There is an argument that Gallagher doesn't fit in the midfield  pivot so cannot be considered a midfielder and works better just behind the striker but the counter argument is he has a nose for a goal , works like a demon and loves the club and the coach apparently likes him too , I do hope we don't get to the stage that stats mean everything and attitude and desire to do well are secondary particularly should we get to the point of the coach failing because the stats boys and their computers don't actually know shit from clay .

So far it looks like we'll be lining up 4-1-5 next season with wing backs 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

If Gallagher is surplus to requirements, why has he been given so much game time in pre season? Something tells me it’s nonsense, unless we’re keeping Santos and Casadei in the squad. 

Not many other options to make a team? I reckon they're hoping to sign better and cash in on him. I'm hoping they do that too tbh.

4 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Not many other options to make a team? I reckon they're hoping to sign better and cash in on him. I'm hoping they do that too tbh.

Thing is we wouldn't be able to replace him with anyone better for the 40m he is supposed to be on the market for. So why sell?

7 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Thing is we wouldn't be able to replace him with anyone better for the 40m he is supposed to be on the market for. So why sell?

Don't agree, there's much better players out there for that price who aren't inflated in value due to being English and with PL experience. Even allowing for it to be true, unless you only have the money that transfer brings in, it's irrelevant. It's simply £40m into the pot for any player(s) we do actually want.

Would any of the 'big 6' etc sign Gallagher? No. Nor would we if he wasn't already here.

Edited by ChelseaJambo