Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

17 minutes ago, Bison said:

So we're seriously going into the season with Kepa as first choice and Bettinelli as his back up?

Hard to believe this just seems normal to so many. 

Mate, if you hate Kepa, just wait until you see Bettinelli, he's awful. 

19 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Why don't we just get Gilmour back ? I expect Brighton would want £65m mind.

Outside of the absurd fee they'd want, Gilmour is a sieve defensively and makes for an awful partner for Enzo. There's a reason why Brighton learned quickly that he has to be partnered by a better defensive partner that's also got some physicality and dynamism. 

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Although CHO is clearly no longer good enough for us going forward (🙁another Chelsea boy is moving on) I'm quite shocked to see us being prepared to let him go for as little as the reported £ 8  million. I was expecting something in the region of between 15-20 m, but maybe this is an indication of just how far the club think the player has declined and that's all we can get for him now? From us turning down £60 million to now being valued at 8m  at 22 years old is a really sad state of affairs for both player and club.

His wages make it virtually impossible for most clubs his level to take him on, so there has to kinda be some give from the club I'd say if they're wanting to actually shift him. A smaller fee may be the difference a buying club needs to put more resources into wages for him. 

In fairness though £8m would be a good return if you saw how horrendous he was last season at Leverkusen. I'm actually surprised a Premier League team even wants him in the first place.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

In fairness though £8m would be a good return if you saw how horrendous he was last season at Leverkusen. I'm actually surprised a Premier League team even wants him in the first place.

So CHO is on par with Cucurella?

17 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Depth for first team squad ? Loan to Strasbourg? Anyone seen anything of him ? 
Last time we had a Lesley ? 

Nothing 100% confirmed as of yet on his future. Talks to be had apparently about being loaned to Strasbourg.

May be a Lavia alternative, both players are statistically quite similar apparently. 

Rumour is that he was Brighton's first choice to replace Caicedo if he goes so read into that what you will. 

Is he one for the future or an alternative?

Found out just now that we can only loan a maximum of 3 players at a time to Strasbourg.  Of course blueco can simply buy players for Strasbourg once the quota is filled. 

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Only you'd try to make this a "thing". 

That is because you original statement was  unnecessary. Especially when you see how many of the big signing at Chelsea underperformed last season, with a nobody coach. 

Now the club has an top quality coach, cucurella still look crap and out of his depth. 

45 minutes ago, Ham said:

Rumour is that he was Brighton's first choice to replace Caicedo if he goes so read into that what you will. 

Is he one for the future or an alternative?

Found out just now that we can only loan a maximum of 3 players at a time to Strasbourg.  Of course blueco can simply buy players for Strasbourg once the quota is filled. 

We could maybe loan him to Brighton…

Looks really promising - exactly what we need. I think it’s good to remember that he already has 3 seasons in Ligue 1, although he was very little involved in his first. Last season he seems to have been a key member of the squad. 

Don’t think he’d be ready for us, but a loan to Strasbourg feels like a bad solution. He was playing regularly for Rennes finishing fourth. I’m not sure a loan to Strasbourg who just avoided relegation would be in the players best interest. Better to keep him at Rennes in that case! 

50 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

How to do football “journalism”:

1. Make something up. Anything.

2. Publish it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23245577/chelsea-pre-season-tour-pochettino-premier-league/

Just read that Matt.....it's nothing to do with "journalism",,,just an exercise in the media version of "creative accountancy".....present the facts but spin the conclusions.

Nothing actually holds up under scrutiny..last year's disaster tour arranged with Todd and Co in mind ?...travel "fatigue" the same as last year?..I remember a comment that this year's travel was in contrast to last year!

Stick with me and Mr Kelly (and others)for media cynicism and debunking!

Just added and apologise if not exactly right as not sure exactly where the squad are based.but the travel ...flight times.

Philly-Washington...1hour 5mins

Philly Atlanta...I hour 40 mins

Philly Charlotte (NC) 1hour 13mins

Hardly grueling travel......check last year"s venues !!

Pinch of salt comes to mind !

Edited by chara