Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, chara said:

Just read that Matt.....it's nothing to do with "journalism",,,just an exercise in the media version of "creative accountancy".....present the facts but spin the conclusions.

Nothing actually holds up under scrutiny..last year's disaster tour arranged with Todd and Co in mind ?...travel "fatigue" the same as last year?..I remember a comment that this year's travel was in contrast to last year!

Stick with me and Mr Kelly (and others)for media cynicism and debunking!

Just added and apologise if not exactly right as not sure exactly where the squad are based.but the travel ...flight times.

Philly-Washington...1hour 5mins

Philly Atlanta...I hour 40 mins

Philly Charlotte (NC) 1hour 13mins

Hardly grueling travel......check last year"s venues !!

Pinch of salt comes to mind !

Well said. They’re a bunch of trouble-making charlatans!! 

There will only ever be one Dave! Surely we just call him Les?

I know absolute nothing about him but watching that very brief video  I'd keep him in the squad. He's massive, we have a very small squad, physically, and he plays completely differently to all our other midfielders. 

He is the reason I didn't want us to spunk £100m+ on Rice, well not him exactly but his type of player, it's not hard to play that role and will never warrant spending Rice sort of money on it.

In other news, looks like Hojlund is off to United. 9 league goals last year after signing for Atalanta for £15m and now he's cost £70m+. Bananas.

7 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Les is fine by me. Will be fun hearing the commentators struggling with his name. They couldn't even manage Dzajic. 

I sort off leant towards Trigger or Trig...watching the video there was an element of "pulling the trigger"

I'd get my coat but "someone else" nicked it a long time back!😁

9 hours ago, chara said:

Just added and apologise if not exactly right as not sure exactly where the squad are based.but the travel ...flight times.

Philly-Washington...1hour 5mins

Philly Atlanta...I hour 40 mins

Philly Charlotte (NC) 1hour 13mins

Hardly grueling travel......check last year"s venues !!

Pinch of salt comes to mind !

Should have put them on a overnight greyhound come to my mind. 😀

50 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

You’re referring to this I take it…

IMG_7547.jpeg

Arguably more important signing than Caicedo imo. He’s not first choice at Brighton currently, as De Zerbi seems to prefer Steele.

I think if we could get him for £25 million it would be a good signing. I have seen him make some ricks , but he also makes very good saves. I’m f we are not outright replacing Kepa, then we need a strong Plan B option to keep them both firmly on their toes. Kepa goes into this season with zero competition, then we are asking for complacency and trouble. 

6 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Arguably more important signing than Caicedo imo. He’s not first choice at Brighton currently, as De Zerbi seems to prefer Steele.

I think if we could get him for £25 million it would be a good signing. I have seen him make some ricks , but he also makes very good saves. I’m f we are not outright replacing Kepa, then we need a strong Plan B option to keep them both firmly on their toes. Kepa goes into this season with zero competition, then we are asking for complacency and trouble. 

More important than Caicedo?? 

Not sure how a backup keeper can be deemed arguably more important than  a c£90m midfielder than walks into our first team!! 

Sanchez is pants too!  Very underwhelming signing. My approach on GK’s would be to either replace Kepa with a bona fide number one or don’t bother at all, and use Bettinelli and one of the academy lads as backup. 

41 minutes ago, Rob B said:

More important than Caicedo?? 

Not sure how a backup keeper can be deemed arguably more important than  a c£90m midfielder than walks into our first team!! 

Sanchez is pants too!  Very underwhelming signing. My approach on GK’s would be to either replace Kepa with a bona fide number one or don’t bother at all, and use Bettinelli and one of the academy lads as backup. 

So if we sign no one and Kepa’s form is average or bad, you would be happy with Bettinelli or an academy lad? Recipe for disaster! It’s not like we have not been here before with Kepa is it!

He needs a strong challenger, if not clearly replaced by a No1. You simply cannot rely on Kepa.

As for Caicedo, he’s good but I am far from convinced he is right man. Especially at what he will cost. He’s just a bit too much of a bits and pieces type player. Spends a lot of time hustling and pressing, great athlete …..but he just feels a back up type player and almost Kante light. He’s gonna cost Enzo type fee, but for me they are a class apart.  If he was costing £50m -£60m then fine, but he’s not.

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm sure I read that if you analyse the stats which is apparently the be all and end all these days that Raya has worse stats than Kepa. 

I don’t think either of them are what we should aim for.

However, fine as a stop-gap competitor for GK1 over the next two years and thereafter hopefully a GK2 by some distance when we can finally release Kepa and buy a proper GK1/Slonina to come back. 

• Agree 2