Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

9 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I don’t think either of them are what we should aim for.

However, fine as a stop-gap competitor for GK1 over the next two years and thereafter hopefully a GK2 by some distance when we can finally release Kepa and buy a proper GK1/Slonina to come back. 

I find it amazing that Yan Sommer the Swiss keeper is apparently off to Inter and we're looking at Sanchez and Raya. Every time I see Sommer he impresses me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I find it amazing that Yan Sommer the Swiss keeper is apparently off to Inter and we're looking at Sanchez and Raya. Every time I see Sommer he impresses me. 

Decent shot stopper, but he looked out of his depth with the level of scrutiny and attention being at Bayern brings.

I thought he looked a real weak link in their team and can see why they are replacing him.

The lad we played against from Dortmund looked really good. Not sure if that was a one off, as I didn’t see other Dortmund games last season. I think he is Swiss

1 minute ago, Thiago97 said:

Decent shot stopper, but he looked out of his depth with the level of scrutiny and attention being at Bayern brings.

I thought he looked a real weak link in their team and can see why they are replacing him.

The lad we played against from Dortmund looked really good. Not sure if that was a one off, as I didn’t see other Dortmund games last season. I think he is Swiss

I admit I haven't seen much of Sommer recently but wasn't surprised when BM bought him because he's always looked a great keeper to me. 

I suppose the real issue is that neither Raya or Sanchez are statistically better than Kepa and in fact are miles worse, so why is our expensively assembled procurement team targeting them? 

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I admit I haven't seen much of Sommer recently but wasn't surprised when BM bought him because he's always looked a great keeper to me. 

I suppose the real issue is that neither Raya or Sanchez are statistically better than Kepa and in fact are miles worse, so why is our expensively assembled procurement team targeting them? 

I’m not a stats man. Is that right though ? I thought Raya had really good keeper stats last season. I seem to remember Sky putting up some of his stats that were impressive .

14 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I’m not a stats man. Is that right though ? I thought Raya had really good keeper stats last season. I seem to remember Sky putting up some of his stats that were impressive .

If you go to Reddit there is a chelseafc subreddit and they showed a graph and Kepa was miles better. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Ham said:

Came out of nowhere. An alternative to Wes Fofana but curtains for Chalobah

Any chance he can change his name to Successi as part of the deal?

19 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

This has been Sky Sports today following the Arsenal links.

Edit: bizarre, cannot make embedded images work. Basically loads of stats in which Raya was 1st in the PL last year. Most saves (GK) seems ... Odd, mind.

5a6e24d9dd9df91745d60191037ef711a6056d64.jpeg.jpg

Edited by thevelourfog

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Any chance he can change his name to Successi as part of the deal?

This has been Sky Sports today following the Arsenal links.

Edit: bizarre, cannot make embedded images work. Basically loads of stats in which Raya was 1st in the PL last year. Most saves (GK) seems ... Odd, mind.

5a6e24d9dd9df91745d60191037ef711a6056d64.jpeg.jpg

Yes. That’s what I remember seeing. The stats that Sky were presenting for Raya last season were very good. He’s good with his feet too.

I don't know much about him but he looking at the stats and reading reports he seems to be athletic, a monster in the air and a progressive passer.

I'm just grateful that we're not going into a season with a soon to be 39 year old CB that can run as our first choice.

1 minute ago, Bison said:

I don't know much about him but he looking at the stats and reading reports he seems to be athletic, a monster in the air and a progressive passer.

I'm just grateful that we're not going into a season with a soon to be 39 year old CB that can run as our first choice.

He will still be the best defender at the club though 😂 Age matters less when you are one of the greatest of your generation.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rick1977 said:

Either Sanchez or Raya would be a massive improvement on Kepa.  

Possibly an improvement but not massively...that is the problem at the moment..well understood and voiced by the majority on here... not really any significant upgrades available.... when PC came in he was an upgrade on a very good keeper...we are looking generally at slight upgrades on an average EPL keeper ... Carlo would walk in at his prime.

Surprised nobody has mentioned De Gea ?

2 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

He will still be the best defender at the club though 😂 Age matters less when you are one of the greatest of your generation.

I thought Badiashile was really good last season and was better but Silva is a fan favourite so I can understand the reasoning. Silva completely alters the way we defend. If Poch's pressing approach is going to work then you can't have a non runner at the back. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Bison said:

I thought Badiashile was really good last season and was better but Silva is a fan favourite so I can understand the reasoning. Silva completely alters the way we defend. If Poch's pressing approach is going to work then you can't have a non runner at the back. 

So far Poch has started Chalobah - Humphreys (Wrexham and Newcastle) in two games and Silva - Colwill in one (Brighton). 

By that logic I wager that we will see Silva - Colwill tonight. 

My guess for starting XI:

Arrizabalaga

Gusto - Silva - Colwill - Chilwell

Santos - Enzo

Sterling - Nkunku - Mudryk

Jackson

Just now, Sleeping Dave said:

So far Poch has started Chalobah - Humphreys (Wrexham and Newcastle) in two games and Silva - Colwill in one (Brighton). 

By that logic I wager that we will see Silva - Colwill tonight. 

My guess for starting XI:

Arrizabalaga

Gusto - Silva - Colwill - Chilwell

Santos - Enzo

Sterling - Nkunku - Mudryk

Jackson

By the way, whatever the starting XI will be, surely it must be something fairly close to what Poch expects for Liverpool? 

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Found the Kepa, Sanchez comparison 

RDT_20230730_1843193015976748953123709.jpg

They just look odd to me.  I wouldn’t be sure they are accurate. Sanchez 1% long passes and only 12% short passes…….what is he doing then ? The aerials also seem low…..he’s a good bit taller than Kepa and when I have watched Sanchez, he was often coming out and claiming aerial balls…..he did drop a few too! 

Just now, Thiago97 said:

They just look odd to me.  I wouldn’t be sure they are accurate. Sanchez 1% long passes and only 12% short passes…….what is he doing then ? The aerials also seem low…..he’s a good bit taller than Kepa and when I have watched Sanchez, he was often coming out and claiming aerial balls…..he did drop a few too! 

I suppose we should be wary of the old saying 

"statistics can be used to prove anything" 

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

So if we sign no one and Kepa’s form is average or bad, you would be happy with Bettinelli or an academy lad? Recipe for disaster! It’s not like we have not been here before with Kepa is it!

No - signing no one isn’t what we were talking about - you said Sanchez was arguably more important than Caicedo. 

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

He needs a strong challenger, if not clearly replaced by a No1. You simply cannot rely on Kepa.

You don’t need to tell me that!!  Believe me, I am far from a Kepa fan.  But unless you’re going to replace him with an upgrade, keep your powder dry until someone WC becomes available, or Slonina is ready. 

12 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

By the way, whatever the starting XI will be, surely it must be something fairly close to what Poch expects for Liverpool? 

Lol have you see the 11? I think the site would crash if that was our starting 11.

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

No - signing no one isn’t what we were talking about - you said Sanchez was arguably more important than Caicedo. 

You don’t need to tell me that!!  Believe me, I am far from a Kepa fan.  But unless you’re going to replace him with an upgrade, keep your powder dry until someone WC becomes available, or Slonina is ready. 

My comment about being more important was more based on signing someone good who can compete, rather than specifically Sanchez himself. Though I can see I didn’t explain that and why you may have taken it that way.

What we cannot do is go into this season with Kepa, Bettinelli and Slonina to some degree.  That will come back to bite us…..unless Slonina is something special of course . We just don’t know. 

Edited by Thiago97

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

3 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

My comment about being more important was more based on signing someone good who can compete, rather than specifically Sanchez himself. Though I can see I didn’t explain that and why you may have taken it that way.

What we cannot do is go into this season with Kepa, Bettinelli and Slonina to some degree.  That will come back to bite us…..unless Slonina is something special of course . We just don’t know. 

Slonina is apparently going to Belgium on loan anyway and Bettinelli makes Kepa look like Petr Cech 

Edited by Mark Kelly

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

MK, sounds like a bit of sommer loving to me? 😀

the coat is back

6 hours ago, chara said:

Hmm..might be difficult..those greyhounds can only carry one person at a time,,but they are fast!😁

When they can be bothered to run … but that’s greyhounds …

• Haha 1