Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Just to add quotes to what Poch said:

Pochettino on strikers: “Today we were happy with the performance, Nkunku & Jackson can compliment very well. If the club can add some different profiles to help us we are open but I am so happy with both”.

Pochettino on Maatsen: " We can use him in different positions because he has capacity to play in different areas, and his performance won't change. That is what makes us very pleased. We see him with enormous potential for the club."

Also, according to @nizaarkinsella Mauricio Pochettino says he is open to signing a new central defender amid the Axel Disasi news. He also told me Lesley Ugochukwu will go on loan regardless of whether he joins up in pre-season tomorrow or not.  

57 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Disasi is a done deal then…

IMG_7552.jpeg

This one really came out of left field.

I checked a little profile on him and he will bring physicality that's for sure but he's not that quick but he is good with the ball at his feet.

4 hours ago, Rick1977 said:

I will be sad to see Trevoh go. But I am glad we are signing bigger more physical players 

He is a proven premiership player.Whether he is good enough in the long term is a matter of opinion.

Personally I think he is.I don't understand why this is even in question.He is as good if not better than the high priced alternatives we bought.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

I’m not a stats man. Is that right though ? I thought Raya had really good keeper stats last season. I seem to remember Sky putting up some of his stats that were impressive .

795cd05e654c37ebd43c5d474802732f5c923a78

Much is a much really based on last season. 

Kepa is the better sweeper keeper and at ground level, Raya does better aerially, and they're about on par form a save percentage mark. As you'd expect Raya makes more saves because he also faces more shots, so do need to be mindful of that aspect. 

Don't think there's much point in signing Raya, the cost involved wouldn't generate enough of an overall improvement. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue Kratos said:

This one really came out of left field.

I checked a little profile on him and he will bring physicality that's for sure but he's not that quick but he is good with the ball at his feet.

Don't know much about him either. 

Looking from a statistical standpoint his game heavily resembles that of Colwill's. Big progressive passer, good in the air, gets himself between ball and goal a lot to block shots, and tends to favour cutting passes out through interceptions over making tackles. 

The big take away for me is that he's 25 and coming in with a bit of maturity. 

Certainly a surprising move from left field. Goes to show we're doing work behind the scenes and can get deals done quickly when we're not fucking around with Brighton.

7 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Just to add quotes to what Poch said:

Pochettino on strikers: “Today we were happy with the performance, Nkunku & Jackson can compliment very well. If the club can add some different profiles to help us we are open but I am so happy with both”.

Pochettino on Maatsen: " We can use him in different positions because he has capacity to play in different areas, and his performance won't change. That is what makes us very pleased. We see him with enormous potential for the club. 

Riddled with common sense not seen since Tuchel.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Disasi acquisition to allow Colwill p.ex for Caicedo?

That would be ridiculous. Why should we value Colwill any less than Brighton value Caicedo? He effectively has three year left on his deal so we're in total control of that situation. 

In a world where players like Gvardiol are being quoted at 90-100m, Brighton would turn around and sell Colwill in 2-3 years time for a similar amount, if not more. 

Sending Colwill there would be a total capitulation and humiliation for the club. 

4 minutes ago, Bison said:

That would be ridiculous. Why should we value Colwill any less than Brighton value Caicedo? He effectively has three year left on his deal so we're in total control of that situation. 

In a world where players like Gvardiol are being quoted at 90-100m, Brighton would turn around and sell Colwill in 2-3 years time for a similar amount, if not more. 

Sending Colwill there would be a total capitulation and humiliation for the club. 

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! Colwill went on the US trip moping about having to be first choice, I got the feeling he had been brainwashed by Brighton. Better to get a player in that wants to be here, especially if it means we end up filling a hole in midfield. Of course I'd prefer to see him here but I don't want a prima donna upsetting the squad.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Certainly a surprising move from left field. Goes to show we're doing work behind the scenes and can get deals done quickly when we're not fucking around with Brighton.

It is not left field, just another Lawrence Stewart recruitment from his former club.

I'm on my own here I know but , I don't think Colwill is quite as good as he thinks he is and when you have to be berated by Chelsea supporters on Instagram to change your background from Brighton to Chelsea then he's got some thinking to do too about where he sees himself going forward. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Better to get a player in that wants to be here,

It's nothing to do with getting a sizable increase in salary guaranteed for +5 years whether he turns out to be pony or not?

42 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Disasi acquisition to allow Colwill p.ex for Caicedo?

He's a right sided CB to cover for Fofana/replace Silva isn't he. 

Colwill and Badiashile have the left side covered.

I'd imagine we'll just need to find the extra £10-£20m for Caicedo.

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm on my own here I know but , I don't think Colwill is quite as good as he thinks he is and when you have to be berated by Chelsea supporters on Instagram to change your background from Brighton to Chelsea then he's got some thinking to do too about where he sees himself going forward. 

Thought he might stay another year to prove himself, however i sure there needs to be another couple of sacrificial academy players to pay for the latest new imports. 

Things gathering pace now. 

Big Les will go to Strasbourg and will join us probably next season. Looks a great prospect and a seriously good player. 

Disasi, worries over his lack of pace notwithstanding is a right sided centre half who looks born to play in the Prem in terms of his size, athleticism and height. Should do okay for us. 

Olise or Kudus will happen this window I think but i suspect it'll be the former. 

What this weekend shows us is that the club is doing its business and getting things done and the press don't have the same hotline into every deal as they had before. Things are getting reported upon completion. This is very positive. 

I'd venture we'll only know about us signing a Caicedo alternative when he signs. I'm 100% here for that. Great stuff Chels. 

I watched the highlights vs Fulham and I think we are in great shape. What stuck out to me was that Santos and Enzo will work nicely together when required and that gives us an option. Also that Hall is an absolute player and could be a huge asset to keep around. Cucurella still struggling and I suspect we may get rid. 

Nkunku and Jackson will cause teams problems this season for sure. 

28 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Like I said above, I think he's been brainwashed by Brighton. Caicedo probably won't be the second coming however I think he is a more important acquisition for midfield than Colwill will be in our defense, especially when the injuries come back.