Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

15 hours ago, Ham said:

Came out of nowhere. An alternative to Wes Fofana but curtains for Chalobah

Well, I was about to write........

15 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Could Trev play DM?

This. Played there quite bit whilst out on loan apparently. might be an option.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Disasi acquisition to allow Colwill p.ex for Caicedo?

No.

35 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! 

I wouldn't say making something up makes you a "messenger" 

15 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I watched the highlights vs Fulham and I think we are in great shape. What stuck out to me was that Santos and Enzo will work nicely together when required and that gives us an option. Also that Hall is an absolute player and could be a huge asset to keep around. Cucurella still struggling and I suspect we may get rid. 

Agree with virtually all of your post, just focussing on this paragraph. 

It is clear to me, if you didn't know their background, price tag or wages, and just judged how well they are playing, both Maatsen and Hall would be selected over Cucurella. If we can find someone who will take him, even on loan, we should do. 

Lots of positive chat on Santos. Can see him sticking him around, with Casadei going on loan. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Things gathering pace now. 

Big Les will go to Strasbourg and will join us probably next season. Looks a great prospect and a seriously good player. 

Disasi, worries over his lack of pace notwithstanding is a right sided centre half who looks born to play in the Prem in terms of his size, athleticism and height. Should do okay for us. 

Olise or Kudus will happen this window I think but i suspect it'll be the former. 

What this weekend shows us is that the club is doing its business and getting things done and the press don't have the same hotline into every deal as they had before. Things are getting reported upon completion. This is very positive. 

I'd venture we'll only know about us signing a Caicedo alternative when he signs. I'm 100% here for that. Great stuff Chels. 

I watched the highlights vs Fulham and I think we are in great shape. What stuck out to me was that Santos and Enzo will work nicely together when required and that gives us an option. Also that Hall is an absolute player and could be a huge asset to keep around. Cucurella still struggling and I suspect we may get rid. 

Nkunku and Jackson will cause teams problems this season for sure. 

I think the more good players we get the more Enzo fades into the background. 

3 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Like I said above, I think he's been brainwashed by Brighton. Caicedo probably won't be the second coming however I think he is a more important acquisition for midfield than Colwill will be in our defense, especially when the injuries come back.

Agreed. Losing Colwill is a bigger negative than not signing Caicedo in my view. 

2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I think the more good players we get the more Enzo fades into the background. 

Oh please. 

2 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Agreed. Losing Colwill is a bigger negative than not signing Caicedo in my view. 

I think you're actually disagreeing.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Lol, it was a question mate. I wasn't suggesting I know anymore than you do.

Sorry, tired and grumpy this morning. have a 2 year old who thinks waking up 6 times in the middle of the night is acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Disasi acquisition to allow Colwill p.ex for Caicedo?

Highly doubt it. Disasi is RCB and Colwill is LCB. Certainly players are increasingly flexible on specific positions etc. But don't underestimate the importance a CB who can pass off their left foot. In my head it's 

Badiashile and Colwill for the left

Silva and Disasi for the right

Trev for the chop (sadly)

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Agree with virtually all of your post, just focussing on this paragraph. 

It is clear to me, if you didn't know their background, price tag or wages, and just judged how well they are playing, both Maatsen and Hall would be selected over Cucurella. If we can find someone who will take him, even on loan, we should do. 

Lots of positive chat on Santos. Can see him sticking him around, with Casadei going on loan. 

I see Maatsen playing higher up with Cucurella retaining his place, and Hall heading out on loan with a decision made on what position the club wants him to play.

If you look at us tactically it makes sense because our shape shifts in and out of possession during different phases of play. When Chilwell plays LB he's generally given licence to stay high and wide, which has seen the winger on that side tuck in more and the RB form a 3ATB. 

When Chilwell isn't playing it's been the RB pushing higher, with Cucurella tucking in as both a third CB and also a faux DM. This then has allowed the LW, in most cases during pre-season Mudryk, to play high and wide himself which suits more. 

There's a lot of tactical flexibility to be had.

54 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I imagine Brighton think similarly about Caicedo. Bit extreme a position imo.

They can think that but they would be wrong. 

We have offered 80m for their very good 21 year old CM. 

They have offered 30m for our very good 20 year old CB. 

There is one club here trying to facilitate a deal and another club trying to chance their luck. 

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! Colwill went on the US trip moping about having to be first choice, I got the feeling he had been brainwashed by Brighton. Better to get a player in that wants to be here, especially if it means we end up filling a hole in midfield. Of course I'd prefer to see him here but I don't want a prima donna upsetting the squad.

That's fine. If he doesn't want to be here then he can rot in the reserves but using him as a make weight and then still paying another 50m on top would be embarrassing.

How much would Brighton want for Colwill today if he was their player?

If Colwill wants to go, especially to Brighton, fuck him off and just use Humphreys.

He's looked excellent in pre season, better than anything I've seen from Colwill, who I think has been over hyped,  and yes a loan would be best but sometimes you just have to take a  gamble.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

If Colwill wants to go, especially to Brighton, fuck him off and just use Humphreys.

He's looked excellent in pre season, better than anything I've seen from Colwill, who I think has been over hyped,  and yes a loan would be best but sometimes you just have to take a  gamble.

I'd agree on both scores, we should put a valuation of £60m on him in part exchange for Caicedo  and offer them £30m see how those silly seagulls like those apples. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm on my own here I know but , I don't think Colwill is quite as good as he thinks he is and when you have to be berated by Chelsea supporters on Instagram to change your background from Brighton to Chelsea then he's got some thinking to do too about where he sees himself going forward. 

No I don’t think you’re too far off the mark with this one (excuse the pun!)

I can’t claim to have watched too much of Colwill apart from the usual highlights reels but he seemed to be going for the defence splitting pass too often yesterday and lost possession a few times.

Clearly a top talent with huge potential, but I’m sure some time with the likes of Silva, Enzo, Chilly, James etc will do him the world of good. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I said it a few days ago, but I really think we should walk away from Brighton and Caicedo now. Leave them with a player who clearly does not want to be there and make it very clear, they have absolutely no chance of signing Colwill.

I don't. Caicedo is game changing, especially alongside Enzo, in Pochettino's system.

Enzo and Caicedo are the perfect partnership in so many ways, they complement each other so well and I think Brighton know this. We certainly do, which is why we will end up paying what they want.

If the deal hinges on Colwill then let them have him. If he really is as good as he thinks he is he wouldn't be entertaining leaving us to play for Brighton so it says a lot in my opinion.

I like Colwill, a lot but do I think he's better than Badiashille? Absolutely not. Has he more potential than Humphreys? Probably not.

Caicedo on the other hand changes everything. If Jackson does what we are beginning to think he may and we suffer no major injuries, which is unlikely considering our recent history, then with no European football and the league being as weak as it is at the top anything could happen.

Caicedo is, never going to be as good as, so please don't take this the wrong way, as game changing a player as Kante was when we signed him. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'd agree on both scores, we should put a valuation of £60m on him in part exchange for Caicedo  and offer them £30m see how those silly seagulls like those apples. 

Totally agree. Maybe also offer Lukaku, Sterling,  and Ziyech to PSG for Mbappe for a year and hope Madrid take him off our hands next year for silly money.

• Like 1