Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, Bison said:

They can think that but they would be wrong. 

We have offered 80m for their very good 21 year old CM. 

They have offered 30m for our very good 20 year old CB. 

There is one club here trying to facilitate a deal and another club trying to chance their luck. 

I take your point, I just don't know that it'd be "humiliating". The aim is to have a squad, a team, that is good enough to win games, challenge for and in time (not too much of it, of course) win trophies. Not to beat Brighton at the transfer market.

If signing Disasi meant we had the defence we needed without Colwill and that letting Colwill go meant we could have the midfielder we need, the proof would be in how well that worked out for us on the pitch. Not who comes out of the negotiations best, whatever that looks like.

I say this all hypothetically, I've hardly ever seen Colwill, seen Caicedo for a full 90 maybe 5 or 6 times, and have literally never watched Disasi. The merits of the individual players isn't really my point.

Edited by thevelourfog

38 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I don't. Caicedo is game changing, especially alongside Enzo, in Pochettino's system.

Enzo and Caicedo are the perfect partnership in so many ways, they complement each other so well and I think Brighton know this. We certainly do, which is why we will end up paying what they want.

If the deal hinges on Colwill then let them have him. If he really is as good as he thinks he is he wouldn't be entertaining leaving us to play for Brighton so it says a lot in my opinion.

I like Colwill, a lot but do I think he's better than Badiashille? Absolutely not. Has he more potential than Humphreys? Probably not.

Caicedo on the other hand changes everything. If Jackson does what we are beginning to think he may and we suffer no major injuries, which is unlikely considering our recent history, then with no European football and the league being as weak as it is at the top anything could happen.

Caicedo is, never going to be as good as, so please don't take this the wrong way, as game changing a player as Kante was when we signed him. 

There is nothing to prove that Enzo and Caicedio are a match made in heaven. There is a possibility that its could be the complete opposite, especially if you look at the last player acquired from Brighton.

As for the Colwill vs Badiashille comparison is a non starter as both have played less than half a season in the PL.

As for Humphries, its another lamb to the slaughter for being over hyped in pre-season and unable to produce the high level when the business end starts. I am very surprised Alfie Gilcrest is not being put on the same mantle as Humphries as he had an exceptionally  good game after replacing Trevor.

13-Aug an onwards Is when all will discover how good, average or poor the squad is.

20 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Has the Megastore ever offered  " I Saw Les Fridge Play For Us" T-shirts? The potential market for them is 12,017.

No idea. But might there be a market in "Les Fridge" magnets?

42 minutes ago, ROTG said:

There is nothing to prove that Enzo and Caicedio are a match made in heaven. There is a possibility that its could be the complete opposite, especially if you look at the last player acquired from Brighton.

Well, it won't. Doesn't take much realise how well suited they are to playing together. 

Doesn't take much to realise how perfect Caicedo is for us, regardless of how well he compliments Enzo. 

Has absolutely nothing to do with Cucurella.

As for the Colwill vs Badiashille comparison is a non starter as both have played less than half a season in the PL.

Which is plenty to form a judgement on the two, as things stand. One may well surpass the other but from the evidence already out there I'd put Badiashille above him.

As for Humphries, its another lamb to the slaughter for being over hyped in pre-season and unable to produce the high level when the business end starts. I am very surprised Alfie Gilcrest is not being put on the same mantle as Humphries as he had an exceptionally  good game after replacing Trevor.

Kind of missed the point, we already have Badiashille. Colwill may not even get that much game time. It also appears he may want to leave. If that is the case then we could just cut our losses and bring in Humphreys and or keep Chalobah.

13-Aug an onwards Is when all will discover how good, average or poor the squad is.

Edited by martin1905

9 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

There we are, @My Blood Is Blue, the future funding model for CFCNET - merchandising. 

• " I Saw Les Fridge Play For Us" Fridge Magnets
  • JT door stops - nothing gets past them
  • Alex rockets (5th November special - considered Chris Sutton fireworks, but they never go off ...)
  • Eden Hazard weeble wobbly toys (knock 'em down, they bounce straight up)
  • Ron Harris choppers - split logs beautifully
  • N'Golo Kante dinners - you'll feel twice as full
  • Petr Cech chequebook holders - you'll never lose it
  • Peter Osgood crowns - solid gold, an excellent investment

Romelu Lukaku’s 100 doughnut recipes cookbook 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Romelu Lukaku’s 100 doughnut recipes cookbook 

Maybe a variation of the "Where's Wally" books , "Where's Lulu" obviously never where you'd expect him to be , unless you expected him to be in the canteen.

• Haha 1

Here's another:

https://www.gettyimages.ae/detail/news-photo/chelsea-1-v-watford-5-chelseas-goalkeeper-les-fridge-and-news-photo/611415236

And this one shows him with fellow Scots Doug Rougvie and Joe McLaughlin. Could sell that one with a tartan border.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/chelsea-1-v-watford-5-chelseas-goalkeeper-les-fridge-les-news-photo/611414958

Just seen the team for his one and only appearance (1-5 at home to Watford). It was probably the most Scottish team we've ever fielded, with 8 Scots in total. Would have been 9 if Nevin had played instead of Canoville :

https://www.stamford-bridge.com/player.php?id=198&surname=Fridge&firstname=Les

Games Won: 0
Win Percentage: 0%
Total Bookings: 0
Times Sent Off: 0

Teammates

During his Chelsea first-team career of 1 appearances, Les Fridge played alongside the following 11 players (number of appearances together in the same match-day squad in brackets)

Paul Canoville (1)
Gordon Durie (1)
Keith Jones (1)
Kevin McAllister (1)
Joe McLaughlin (1)
John McNaught (1)
John Millar (1)
Doug Rougvie (1)
Nigel Spackman (1)
David Speedie (1)
Darren Wood (1)

Edited by Backbiter

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'd agree on both scores, we should put a valuation of £60m on him in part exchange for Caicedo  and offer them £30m see how those silly seagulls like those apples. 

Seagulls like chips, not apples. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

As for Humphries, its another lamb to the slaughter for being over hyped in pre-season and unable to produce the high level when the business end starts.

Written off before he even gets started. 

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

Written off before he even gets started. 

Nope. Hopefully the lad will evolve naturally, rather than the usual pedestal treatment on here for him to be knocked down at the earliest opportunity, bit like Trevor, and not forgetting MM after two seasons of POTY.

13-Aug is when the season start and it's going to be interesting to see how many of the pre-season hero's get hammered should thing not go to the plan/dream  as some believe. 

Rumours in the Dutch papers today that Ziyech totalled his Roller in Amsterdam at the weekend and may have swapped seats and tried to claim he wasnt driving... 

Hope that's not true because we'll never shift him if it is. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'll go on record as stating I don't think the club will sell Chalobah or Gallagher.  

They are the definition of depth and are some of the only Prem experienced players in the squad. Lunacy to get rid. 

23 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Rumours in the Dutch papers today that Ziyech totalled his Roller in Amsterdam at the weekend and may have swapped seats and tried to claim he wasnt driving... 

Could be grounds for terminating his contract if he's nicked for it though 

24 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Sounds about par for the course though 

• Haha 1