Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Sounds like Les won't be playing for us if Poch's quotes are anything to go by

‘‘I think we’re still talking about we need an experienced midfielder, yes. I don’t know the information that you have. My information is that he’s a player from France that they have signed maybe with the idea to send on loan, you know, using a different club – but that information was already in your laptop. It’s nothing to say too much.’

Bit of an odd one if he is going to Strasbourg, as someone said earlier he is going from a team that finished 4th and in Europe to one that just evaded relegation. Hard to see how his valuation could increase that much by continuing to play in France too. Possibly some bizarre 'try before you buy' scheme that's been cooked up with Brighton as part of the Caiceido negotiations?

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

There we are, @My Blood Is Blue, the future funding model for CFCNET - merchandising. 

• " I Saw Les Fridge Play For Us" Fridge Magnets
  • JT door stops - nothing gets past them
  • Alex rockets (5th November special - considered Chris Sutton fireworks, but they never go off ...)
  • Eden Hazard weeble wobbly toys (knock 'em down, they bounce straight up)
  • Ron Harris choppers - split logs beautifully
  • N'Golo Kante dinners - you'll feel twice as full
  • Petr Cech chequebook holders - you'll never lose it
  • Peter Osgood crowns - solid gold, an excellent investment

The Dennis Wise & David Speedie Handbook on how to "Make Friends & Influence People"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I remember Bob Isles!

Sigh..so do I !

Colwill ?..keep getting vague AC vibes....why would he want Brighton?....big fish in a smaller pond?...frightened of the challenge?,,,,the uneasy involvement of any player who 's heart isn't with the club is something we are all familiar with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Nope. Hopefully the lad will evolve naturally, rather than the usual pedestal treatment on here for him to be knocked down at the earliest opportunity, bit like Trevor, and not forgetting MM after two seasons of POTY.

13-Aug is when the season start and it's going to be interesting to see how many of the pre-season hero's get hammered should thing not go to the plan/dream  as some believe. 

Taking your posts at face value, I can never understand the angle you come from with stuff like this.

Who are the pre-season hero's for starters ? I have not seen any poster on here laud players and predict big things from them this season. If any have, then I am probably more guilty than most with my view on us signing Nkunku. However, that is actually based on watching him play a few times.

Sure, some posters have posted complimentary comments on how well some players have performed in pre-season. However, we all know these are not an accurate barometer of things to come. Talking about Bashir Humprheys in particular, he has looked very promising, but the majority share the same view on him for this season. At best, some think he can compete for 4th CB slot, whilst many others feel a loan would be more beneficial. I have not seen anyone saying he should be in the first team now.

It's not a case of knocking players when bad results come. I think we are all realistic and think the best we can achieve this season is probably 4th or 5th. As for MM comments , the majority wanted him to stay. That don't mean his poor form last season should not be pointed out, based on him being from the academy and twice POTY previously. Some comments go a bit route one and tribal at times, like money grabber etc etc. That's mostly frustration at losing a talented player to a rival. IT's not building them up to knock them down like you are suggesting. I can't say I see this behaviour from our fans, or any genuine clubs fans to be totally honest. It's completely counter productive for any fan to do this.

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Nemanja Matic GPS Navigation system - Droy edition - Make sure YOU are standing in the right places 

And from the canteen " The Mick Harford knuckle sandwich" 

Fixed it for you

• Haha 2

The talk  of moving on Chalobah and even Colwill would be a step too far for me! Selling nearly all our own boys along with hardly ever buying any English players is leaving us  barely worth being called an  English team or club anymore.🙁 We're almost becoming a foreign franchise.🙁

8 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Strong links with Robert Sanchez at Brighton. Now I'm no fan of Kepa but I actually think this is a downgrade. Can only hope this is a stop gap number 2 for the season before getting the long term replacement next summer.

I think if he is coming in, it’s as a number 2, with Slonina going out on loan. I think as a number 2, he’s a pretty decent signing… it’s just the fact he’s a number 2 to Kepa that is the issue.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think if he is coming in, it’s as a number 2, with Slonina going out on loan. I think as a number 2, he’s a pretty decent signing… it’s just the fact he’s a number 2 to Kepa that is the issue.

Yeah I guess the Kepa / Sanchez combination is the big issue. If we are unable to get a top target now  perhaps it makes sense to wait.

On Sanchez, he also didn't cover himself in glory last year after being dropped to number 2 at Brighton and falling out with the manager. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

The talk  of moving on Chalobah and even Colwill would be a step too far for me! Selling nearly all our own boys along with hardly ever buying any English players is leaving us  barely worth being called an  English team or club anymore.🙁 We're almost becoming a foreign franchise.🙁

I think we've been a foreign franchise since 1996 Borat 🤣

Seen it suggested that we might be doing Brighton a favour by signing him for a decent fee, allowing them to accept less than £100m for Caicedo (who has a sell-on clause).  Would be an interesting one.  They get more money in total for Caicedo and get rid of the unhappy Sanchez (they've already signed a young Belgian keeper for a decent fee). We get our man and a decent number two to complement Kepa. Next Summer we can decide on Slonina or go out and get a proper number one.

Edited by Spawton
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I take your point, I just don't know that it'd be "humiliating". The aim is to have a squad, a team, that is good enough to win games, challenge for and in time (not too much of it, of course) win trophies. Not to beat Brighton at the transfer market.

If signing Disasi meant we had the defence we needed without Colwill and that letting Colwill go meant we could have the midfielder we need, the proof would be in how well that worked out for us on the pitch. Not who comes out of the negotiations best, whatever that looks like.

I say this all hypothetically, I've hardly ever seen Colwill, seen Caicedo for a full 90 maybe 5 or 6 times, and have literally never watched Disasi. The merits of the individual players isn't really my point.

If I was employed by the club and no emotional attachment then perhaps that'd be the approach. 

But as a fan of a club I can't take the emotion out of it. We are being lowballed for our talent at the very same time they're demanding 100m for their own player. They're clearly not negotiating in good faith so I would have moved on a long time.

42 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Strong links with Robert Sanchez at Brighton. Now I'm no fan of Kepa but I actually think this is a downgrade. Can only hope this is a stop gap number 2 for the season before getting the long term replacement next summer.

Reportedly wanted by Ben Roberts, Potter's former goalkeeper coach that he brought with him to the club. Why wasn't he sacked too? Why is he in charge of a transfer? 

This club is a joke. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bison said:

Reportedly wanted by Ben Roberts, Potter's former goalkeeper coach that he brought with him to the club. Why wasn't he sacked too? Why is he in charge of a transfer? 

This club is a joke. 

Bring back Hilario.

45 minutes ago, Blue Kratos said:

I think we've been a foreign franchise since 1996 Borat 🤣

Not true!

Back then we were owned by Brits and had an English manager. Our youth system was pretty dire back then so there was a good reason why our youth weren't being promoted to the senior squad. Now that we are producing decent players they are not being given a proper chance to succeed here and are being replaced by  two or three level foreign players.

32 minutes ago, Bison said:

This club is a joke. 

That would be the Roberts of a famous Chelsea goal  I believe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Well, it won't. Doesn't take much realise how well suited they are to playing together. 

Doesn't take much to realise how perfect Caicedo is for us, regardless of how well he compliments Enzo. 

Has absolutely nothing to do with Cucurella.

Which is plenty to form a judgement on the two, as things stand. One may well surpass the other but from the evidence already out there I'd put Badiashille above him.

Kind of missed the point, we already have Badiashille. Colwill may not even get that much game time. It also appears he may want to leave. If that is the case then we could just cut our losses and bring in Humphreys and or keep Chalobah.

I have no doubt that if Colwill wants to leave he will be gone. Pochettino was very clear about that this week.

With all the "commercial" opportunties being discussed I was reminded of an old book in my Football keeper's section..Self Help  shelf, was of great assistance to me back in the day..."Wise Choices I Have Made" by one P, Borota.,,,Limited edition of course.

• Haha 1

Just now, chara said:

With all the "commercial" opportunties being discussed I was reminded of an old book in my Football keeper's section..Self Help  shelf, was of great assistance to me back in the day..."Wise Choices I Have Made" by one P, Borota.,,,Limited edition of course.

He was a one off I must say but I still loved him. 

He was a nutter but he was our nutter 

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

He was a one off I must say but I still loved him. 

He was a nutter but he was our nutter 

Absolutely Mark..... the days when whimsy still existed on the terraces....never heard a bad word said against him and we all KNEW what to expect on any given day,,,well, not What but SOMETHING!

• Haha 1