Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Hmm...game has changed but off the top of my head I recall Webby,JT and Glenn Johnson putting on the jersey in times of crisis...perhaps that is the way to go with the new lads...share keeper training..save a squad space and incentive for the bigger lads to stay?

Paying a fee for a player Juventus are hell bent on getting rid of? Same way we're going to pay a fee for Brighton's third choice goalkeeper. 

Winstanley and Stewart aren't cut out for this. They need somebody above them overseeing this nonsense. 

23 minutes ago, Bison said:

Paying a fee for a player Juventus are hell bent on getting rid of? Same way we're going to pay a fee for Brighton's third choice goalkeeper. 

Winstanley and Stewart aren't cut out for this. They need somebody above them overseeing this nonsense. 

My bro. Chill. 💙🤣

34 minutes ago, Bison said:

Not sure it's worth getting upset over things that haven't happened 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Don't remember him at all.

Dont know why but I had a bit of a soft spot for Peter Barota.

We all did!

Bob Isles..have a vague memory of him getting into a bit of trouble over Insurance Policy stuff?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Really don't want Vlahovic.

What worries me is how keen Juventus seem to be in fobbing him off on us, in part exchange for Lukaku. Which means they must think they’re getting a really good deal.

If we’re genuinely interested in Vlahovic and our scouting team really rates him, then fair enough. But if he was that good, then why do Juventus want rid of him and would rather have Burger Boy? 

16 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

What worries me is how keen Juventus seem to be in fobbing him off on us, in part exchange for Lukaku. Which means they must think they’re getting a really good deal.

If we’re genuinely interested in Vlahovic and our scouting team really rates him, then fair enough. But if he was that good, then why do Juventus want rid of him and would rather have Burger Boy? 

These are exactly my thoughts too, I feel like the wages he would want could upset the apple cart too

Lukaku plus £ for Vlahovic makes so much sense.

Juventus are the ONLY club interested in buying him. They can't unless they sell Vlahovic so cash plus Lukaku suits everyone.

Our need for a elite striker is not what it was a few weeks ago with the emergence of Jackson.buy definitely need one more. There are very few about.

We get a very useful player who is still only 23, with an awful lot to prove for relative peanuts in FFP terms. 

No brainer.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Lukaku plus £ for Vlahovic makes so much sense.

Juventus are the ONLY club interested in buying him. They can't unless they sell Vlahovic so cash plus Lukaku suits everyone.

Our need for a elite striker is not what it was a few weeks ago with the emergence of Jackson.buy definitely need one more. There are very few about.

We get a very useful player who is still only 23, with an awful lot to prove for relative peanuts in FFP terms. 

No brainer.

Well, it's a brainer for me. 

We have no Europe this year. If Jackson can continue this form, and we only play with one striker, and we have Nkunku who can fill in, plus Broja if need be. 

As far as I know Jackson and Vlahovic don't play any other positions either, so you have two guys battling for one spot, when we'll have 45 games ish, max. Is one of them going to happy with 15-20 starts? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well, it's a brainer for me. 

We have no Europe this year. If Jackson can continue this form, and we only play with one striker, and we have Nkunku who can fill in, plus Broja if need be. 

As far as I know Jackson and Vlahovic don't play any other positions either, so you have two guys battling for one spot, when we'll have 45 games ish, max. Is one of them going to happy with 15-20 starts? 

IF being the big factor here. 

I'm loving what I've seen of Jackson, and he'll get plenty of football here, but we do need another striker. Sure we can shifty Nkunku around but ideally he gets to play in one primary position just off a CF where he works best.

As for Broja, he's demonstrated virtually nothing that warrants confidence in being good enough. That was before injury, and who knows exactly just how far away he'll be from actually being fit enough to play. If anything, he needs to be loaned and allowed to play consistently. 

Vlahovic isn't perfect but he'd be a good pickup if we're able to shift Lukaku in the opposite direction. He's like 7 years younger, will earn half the wages, and is a more moveable asset down the line. That in itself is worth it alone IMO. 

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, Bison said:

Reportedly wanted by Ben Roberts, Potter's former goalkeeper coach that he brought with him to the club. Why wasn't he sacked too? Why is he in charge of a transfer? 

This club is a joke. 

Who do you propose then as a goalkeeper? You're incredibly vocal about Kepa but I've yet to see any tangible solution from your behalf put forward. 

Much like the striker market, the GK market is pretty dry also.

I also doubt we're letting a GK coach dictate our transfers. 

17 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Well, it won't. Doesn't take much realise how well suited they are to playing together. 

Doesn't take much to realise how perfect Caicedo is for us, regardless of how well he compliments Enzo. 

Caicedo might well be a good addition to the squad but not at 100m muted, The Arse may have paid over the top for Rice, however he had several seasons playing at a certain level in the PL unlike Ciacedio. I do believe at one point on the old forum you championed for him?

Has absolutely nothing to do with Cucurella.

Yes it does, because he is a total dud which cost 60m and there is no evidence that supports players form Brighton can step up a level when they move on.

image.png.3746861a1a4aae4cf3cbfee4152b17c0.png 

On the positive side at least Winstanley & Co. managed to mug the Arse for 70m.

Which is plenty to form a judgement on the two, as things stand. One may well surpass the other but from the evidence already out there I'd put Badiashille above him.

Obviously, the club have other Idea's, not forgetting Badiashille is out injured and will miss the start of the season and will probably need a couple of weeks thereafter to meet Poch fitness levels, so I doubt he will be seen for the first 4-6 games of the season.