Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Worth every penny if it gets rid of that buffoon out of the club, and I say that as someone who has never seen the other bloke play and don't care if he's got one leg and clinically blind. 

....... he may also be a vegan 😁😁😁

8 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/christopher-nkunku-confirms-favourite-position-chelsea-transfer

He actually says striker. I like him a little deeper and don't disagree with you here. 

The point is he can play here comfortably and he has done before. You may think we should not consider him as an option here, but the man himself says it is his favoured position.

Oh, I hadn't seen that. Interesting that's how he sees himself. 

Unless of course it's slightly lost in translation. Some would see playing as a 10/AM/SS/CF as pretty much being a striker but I throw all of them together as a number 10 so maybe it's just my short sited way of looking at it.

Can't remember too many times when he's played as, what I would call a number 9, on his own, which is what I'd call a striker but again maybe it's just me being a tit.

Also found this....

https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/christopher-nkunku-where-chelsea-new-signing-could-play-blues/bltc6e6fcb141ad710c

All pretty irrelevant really, I've read your thoughts on him and, agree wholeheartedly with most of what you have said.

He will be absolutely key going forward and I think he will become a lot of people's favourite player.

Not sure on your thoughts of Sterling but if he gets anywhere near to the levels he showed at City we have two elite players as part of the four forwards we are most likely to play. Jackson looks like he could be a superstar and I still have very high hopes for Mudryk. I expect us to start the season like this....

Sterling Nkunku Mudryk

Jackson

I know I can be a little optimistic at times but that's exciting. Throw in Madueke, Chuckwuemeka ( who I think has an outrageous amount of potential), Angelo ( who looks a real gem) and possibly Vlahovic and we have a lot of potential and lots of different options too. 

I haven't been soo excited for the start of the season as this one in a very long time.

Sanchez is an interesting one, think it was the season before last that I was really impressed with him. He's massive, very good with his feet and have seen him pull off some outrageous saves.

No idea why he's fallen out of favourite at Brighton but we are in need of a GK, either a big upgrade on Kepa or someone to provide genuine competition. Not sure which one he is to be fair, @charawhat you saying mate?

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Ugochukwu confirmed, nothing yet about a loan.

Michael Tucker is going to have to relax the "no initials/abbreviations" rule otherwise we're all in trouble with our new squad. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Sanchez is an interesting one, think it was the season before last that I was really impressed with him. He's massive, very good with his feet and have seen him pull off some outrageous saves.

No idea why he's fallen out of favourite at Brighton but we are in need of a GK, either a big upgrade on Kepa or someone to provide genuine competition. Not sure which one he is to be fair, @charawhat you saying mate?

Not sure to be honest....always seemed ok from what little I've seen of him but whilst not dwelling on it I never felt quite convinced...but as I said ..not a lot to base that on except that quiet whisper.... why did he lose his place?...again not familiar enough with the Brighton overview....rightly or wrongly we all pretty much knew why Mendy replaced Kepa originally and equally knew why Kepa regained his place.

Just got in so not sure what the state of the overall transfer saga is at!

To repeat a thought..David De Gea anyone?..a bit TIC but....

10 hours ago, Bert19 said:

I think we can sell, but it'll be for £20-25m and not anything more I reckon

One can only hope there is a Spanish side out there who fancy a punt on him can't see a PL club touching him. 

8 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

I’ve also been thinking about this BUT, Mount with his PR was desperate to leave and therefore  we had no leverage. Caicedo doesn’t seem like he’s too fussed. 

Brighton do not have FFP issues. 

I don't think the issue was about using initials for player names (CHO, RJ, etc.) or other things like injuries (ACL) and so on, so much as using abbreviations for non-footballing terms, organisations and other things where the meaning may not be obvious to everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Strasbourg pushing ahead to try and sign Zakharyan, the Russian we were linked with 6-12 months ago (or so)

I was quite excited by some of the videos I saw of him, obviously haven't watched any Russian League games, reminded me a bit of KDB when he was at Genk

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Strasbourg pushing ahead to try and sign Zakharyan, the Russian we were linked with 6-12 months ago (or so)

Just now, Lump Of Celery said:

I was quite excited by some of the videos I saw of him, obviously haven't watched any Russian League games, reminded me a bit of KDB when he was at Genk

I think the end game is he comes here via them so we can't be accused of buying players from Russia. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the end game is he comes here via them so we can't be accused of buying players from Russia. 

I am sure there is a baldrick-esque cunning plan, but I can't understand why players who we plan to loan straight to Strasbourg, like possibly Les & Angelo, weren't just signed by Strasbourg and then sold to us at cost later if we need them for the 1st team. Or even signed by them and loaned to us if needed for FFP purposes, they aren't likely to play in Europe so FFP is a bit of a non entity. Apparently we can only loan them 3 players at a time too.

42 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

There isn’t much that Mr Grumpy doesn’t frown upon tbh 🤣🤣🤣

Hardly surprising when trying to keep us lot in civilised and comprehensible order ! Bear in mind also that MT and the other mods do this on their own time and with the interests of all at heart.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I would have thought it would have been more difficult seeing as France is part of the EU, and there stance against Russia.

Maybe Strasbourg have a cunning plan is to buy him and put the purchase through the books as Gas from Russia