Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

11 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Any mention of a fee? Or is it being rolled into the Caicedo deal I wonder?

Nothing I've seen yet. Dare say we'll pay more for Sanchez to get a lower fee on Caicedo. Both deals will be unofficially connected, but go through separately for greater FFP flexibility. 

Positive news. He's a good goalkeeper.  That's one thing to tick off the list. 

To do list now:

Shift Ziyech back to Ajax

Move Lukaku out of the club to a Pizza Hut of his choosing. 

Sell Cucurella to Newcastle for 20m. 

Look behind the sofa and find an extra 10m to raise the Caicedo bid to 95m and then sign him up / sign the young lad from Leeds instead. 

Get rid of Singha beer from the concourse.  Coors would be nice. 

Get a new shirt sponsor. Coors would be nice. 

Find a really good loan for Hall where he will actually play. 

Ditto Slonina. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Bugger me it was £20m for a Keeper with no future at the club , Brighton have bent us over again.

I think its a fair deal. When we were linked last week, I said for £20-£25 million it would be a good deal and provide experienced competition to Kepa. On this occasion, I think Brighton have been realistic in his value.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Get rid of Singha beer from the concourse.  Coors would be nice. 

Did they ever sell Coors at the Bridge? I was on the Panda Pops (long gone!) at the time we were sponsored by them.

The little bar outside the East Stand at least has some variety.

25 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Nothing I've seen yet. Dare say we'll pay more for Sanchez to get a lower fee on Caicedo. Both deals will be unofficially connected, but go through separately for greater FFP flexibility. 

My first thoughts, also. I don't think having the money or a willingness to spend it is the issue for Caicdeo, it's getting it through the books.

Edited by thevelourfog

35 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Did they ever sell Coors at the Bridge? I was on the Panda Pops (long gone!) at the time we were sponsored by them

They certainly did.........and it was considerably weaker and worse than Singha!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RDCW said:

They certainly did.........and it was considerably weaker and worse than Singha!

I don't mind Coors actually - when cold on draft from a decent American pub it is very drinkable. I get through gallons of it when I go on cruises as it comes in these big tin bottles that come out almost freezing. Its nicer than Bud or Miller. I quite like Rolling Rock too if anyone remembers that. 

Mind you i love a Singha and a Chang in Thailand so theres that. 

Can we agree that holiday beers tend not to travel to the West Lower concourse to be served lukewarm in plastic pints very well? 

20 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I don't mind Coors actually - when cold on draft from a decent American pub it is very drinkable. I get through gallons of it when I go on cruises as it comes in these big tin bottles that come out almost freezing. Its nicer than Bud or Miller. I quite like Rolling Rock too if anyone remembers that. 

Can we agree that holiday beers tend not to travel to the West Lower concourse to be served lukewarm in plastic pints very well? 

Faint praise indeed!

33 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Oddly, they all bring to mind amorous adventures in long, narrow flat-bottomed boats, square at both ends and propelled with a long pole

51 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Exactly this. Beer isn't supposed to be drank in plastic cups. Why I don't drink in or near the ground on match days.

19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Exactly this. Beer isn't supposed to be drank in plastic cups. Why I don't drink in or near the ground on match days.

Having said that, it is nice that they now have recyclable beer cups in the ground and even better that there's a Cask beer stand in the MHL. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Bugger me it was £20m for a Keeper with no future at the club , Brighton have bent us over again.

if the club buy caceido that is over £200m paid to Brighton in three transfer windows. 

The club just can’t help giving. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

You don’t need a £25m keeper as backup to kepa for 38 games. 

Different scenarios. The number of games in this scenario is irrelevant. You need to spend £25m on competition because we have had 5 years of mediocrity from Kepa.

The fact no clubs has ever really tried to take him off our hands during this period, despite him being clearly No2 for about 18 months of his time here, tells you everything and why we need to spend £25 million on an alternative option.

I watched a compilation of Sanchez saves in the league last year this morning , to say they were routine would be a kindness , also most of them appeared to be against Chelsea and we all know the quality of our strikeforce.

I stick by my earlier assessment that he's worse or less good than Kepa.

28 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Different scenarios. The number of games in this scenario is irrelevant. You need to spend £25m on competition because we have had 5 years of mediocrity from Kepa.

The fact no clubs has ever really tried to take him off our hands during this period, despite him being clearly No2 for about 18 months of his time here, tells you everything and why we need to spend £25 million on an alternative option.

Not for this season. 
No Europe only the PL. 

for a season you could have got a  +30 year old on a season contract as a number two.  Now we will be stuck with a bang average keeper for the next 5 years or longer. 

2 hours ago, Morgs said:

Used to love Rolling Rock back in the early 90’s but then they changed the alcohol content from 4% to 2.5% so I gave it up. Coors is certainly drinkable but it needs to be cold and in a glass not plastic.

I really hope the Lukaku swap goes ahead even though I barely know anything about this Vlahovic fella. Let’s face it, he just has to move about the pitch slightly to be an improvement on the “Stay Puff” marshmallow man.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RDCW said:

I can't say I've often turned to Coors in adulthood. I'll stick with the £7+ Gypsy Hill Hepcat outside the ground, at that price it keeps me nice and sensible at least!