Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Excellent! Just as long as he doesn't end up here.

I for one is intrigued to see how Liverpool are going to get out of this slump.

We have been told Klopp is a master of his trade,and by some folk here 'if only we had him as manager'.

Liverpool are vying with us for shiteness let's see how they finish the season with  much less complications.

Will they turn on Klopp or a washed up Salah? or as I suspect a lack of investment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I see we have appointed a new mental coach. Maybe we can get him to have a word with some of the cfcfnet members whose heads have gone 😉

Will be a busy man...will he do house calls?...and can he drive in snow? asking for a friend,

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RDCW said:

I see we have appointed a new mental coach. Maybe we can get him to have a word with some of the cfcfnet members whose heads have gone 😉

Does Potter not have a a degree in emotional intelligence? - do we need another Guru?.

Maybe we should employ the Dalai Lama on a consultancy fee?.

5 hours ago, chara said:

Will be a busy man...will he do house calls?...and can he drive in snow? asking for a friend,

Also gives you an indication who's really calling the shots on coaching and player recruitment.

Didn't Southampton do something similar with Sir Clive Woodward in some kind of consultant / director role after he won the WC with England Rugby?

45 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Also gives you an indication who's really calling the shots on coaching and player recruitment.

Didn't Southampton do something similar with Sir Clive Woodward in some kind of consultant / director role after he won the WC with England Rugby?

This guy worked with the All Blacks, and is medically qualified, so more than just a self-styled motivator. Apparently his motto is, "If you can't change the people, then change the people" and he advocates a "no dickhead" policy, which means if you don't get with the programme you aren't on the team.........maybe we should get him to talk to our members 🤣.

46 minutes ago, RDCW said:

This guy worked with the All Blacks, and is medically qualified, so more than just a self-styled motivator. Apparently his motto is, "If you can't change the people, then change the people" and he advocates a "no dickhead" policy, which means if you don't get with the programme you aren't on the team.........maybe we should get him to talk to our members 🤣.

I bet the new players are looking forward to the new training kits at cobham

image.png.c77852cfb17283ca88c74ef66028534e.png

37 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Most undermining and embarrassing thing that could have  happened for Potter.

He's finished.

One wonders how the new recruits with very little English between them are going to understand a bloke from down under.

3 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Most undermining and embarrassing thing that could have  happened for Potter.

He's finished.

I see it very differently. The margins in the game are so incredibly small now, that you do everything you can to squeeze every possible advantage in your favour. Our collective mindset has been fragile since we lost JT Lamps and Drogba. Anything that helps that is positive.

Or you can just kick GP some more...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I see it very differently. The margins in the game are so incredibly small now, that you do everything you can to squeeze every possible advantage in your favour. Our collective mindset has been fragile since we lost JT Lamps and Drogba. Anything that helps that is positive.

I see it pretty similarly to you to be honest but , with the margins being so small in games , one would think it would be a nice idea to practice corners and free kicks so everyone knows what is going to happen and it would appear that is not happening at all. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RDCW said:

4 hours ago, RDCW said:

Stop knocking our members 😏

25 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Don't disagree, but where do you start to draw the line of what a managers job entails and how much gets delegated out?

Potter doesn't have to handle transfers, his coaching staff will have sizeable roles on the training pitch I imagine, and now someone else is coming in to create the mindset. At this rate he'll just be the face for match days and press conferences. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I see it pretty similarly to you to be honest but , with the margins being so small in games , one would think it would be a nice idea to practice corners and free kicks so everyone knows what is going to happen and it would appear that is not happening at all. 

I simply cannot accept that to be a fact, regardless of the abundant evidence in plain sight. 

We did manage a goal against Palace from a pre-worked corner *he added sheepishly*

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Stop knocking our members 😏

Oh stop it. The irrational rage demonstrated by some on here needs to be knocked. It would be fine if they didn't act like snowflakes and call bullying (very ironic) when you disagree with them. I'm all for harmony, but I don't see why I should accept the copious ramblings of the self-appointed arbiters of complex footballing truths without opposition.

Have you had a go at thevelourfog for his passive aggressive diatribes about "blokes on here"? 

I'm a big fan of yours, as you know, but I'm not happy about your admonition above, especially given the light-hearted nature of my remarks.

Edited by RDCW
  • Like 1

On 05/02/2023 at 22:45, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry, but I would. He's past it and only going to go further south imo.

No doubt he is past his pea,  but he's only 31 years old and should still have a few more years left in him at a fairly high level. Certainly a higher level than Sterling, Auba or you know who.

He's played a hell of a lot of football at an intense pace under Klopp and might well be mentally and physically worn-out. The summer break could do him the world of good and see him playing well again next season. If we can offload our duds, that would be more than enough to cover his huge wage and modest transfer fee, so thanking those factors into account, i think he'd well worth a punt. And while I'm all in favour of our policy of bringing in a lot of young forwards, having a talented, experienced one in the squad can only help  with the young ones learning process.

16 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Oh stop it. The irrational rage demonstrated by some on here needs to be knocked. It would be fine if they didn't act like snowflakes and call bullying (very ironic) when you disagree with them. I'm all for harmony, but I don't see why I should accept the copious ramblings of the self-appointed arbiters of complex footballing truths without opposition.

Have you had a go at thevelourfog for his passive aggressive diatribes about "blokes on here"? 

I'm a big fan of yours, as you know, but I'm not happy about your admonition above, especially given the light-hearted nature of my remarks.

It was meant tongue in cheek Richard

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Don't disagree, but where do you start to draw the line of what a managers job entails and how much gets delegated out?

Potter doesn't have to handle transfers, his coaching staff will have sizeable roles on the training pitch I imagine, and now someone else is coming in to create the mindset. At this rate he'll just be the face for match days and press conferences. 

It's perfectly normal for sports teams to use motivational psychologists to assist coaches. It doesn't mean the coach is not responsible for the broad issues of morale and team philosophy, strategy etc; the shrink should work to the imperatives defined by Potter.