Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

5 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Thought Sanchez looked really good a couple of seasons ago. He's huge and really commands his box well, very good with his feet and a good shot stopper.

I suppose if people want a new first choice they are going to be disappointed but as a squad player I think we've done really well here, he's cheap and classed as home grown, or whatever it is these days plus it pretty much has to have some bearing on the Caicedo deal.

Are you a closet Brighton fan 😜

7 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

. He is Asmir Begovic MKII really, but with less difficult competition ahead of him.  

The club could have signed Begovic on a free this summer and would have been ideal backup for 38 games. 

2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

What's up with us? Cuca, potter and sanchez. Are we in love with Brighton?

Probably not, however when 70% of your recruitment team were poached from Brighton is easy to see why the focus is always in that direction. 

It is  going to be more interesting say two years down the road when the club have depleted Brighton of all their over hyped and over valued prospects and Chelsea's recruitment team have to look elsewhere.

On the positive side Brighton would have probably banked half a billion from Chelsea as a pension fund when they fall back into championship and beyond, with Tony Bloom will be the new face of Forbes 😀

Edited by ROTG

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Watch these clips, nothing there Kepa cannot do. We now have three mediocre keepers. 

This is the first time we have wasted money on a number keeper. Over the past decade and beyond  with the exception of Mendy all No 2's  were +30 senior pros. 

More coffers for Tony Bloom. 

7 hours ago, Bones said:

Why not give Slonina n2 place?

Because he only just turned 19 a couple months ago and has arrived straight from the MLS. He's neither good enough as of yet, nor trustable at this level to depend upon IF anything was to happen to Kepa.

In GK terms he's a baby and needs to be playing elsewhere to develop.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

The club could have signed Begovic on a free this summer and would have been ideal backup for 38 games. 

Present day Begovic is awful, not to mention even his his prime couldn't play out from the back. People may not like it but being proficient at ground level is a non-negotiable quality GK's have to have, even as backups, when it comes to playing for sides that value possession and playing the ball out from the back. 

Watching Mendy at times was bad enough, Begovic is on another level.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Present day Begovic is awful, not to mention even his his prime couldn't play out from the back. People may not like it but being proficient at ground level is a non-negotiable quality GK's have to have, even as backups, when it comes to playing for sides that value possession and playing the ball out from the back. 

Highlighted Section - not as a back-up for 38 games, along with the facts that Kepa has only been injured for 13 games during his entire career at Chelsea. Also, your statement would suggest Poch does not have the skill sets to adjust formation and tactics in extreme circumstances. "One can only hope the team are never chasing a game." 

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

This is the first time we have wasted money on a number keeper. Over the past decade and beyond  with the exception of Mendy all No 2's  were +30 senior pros. 

More coffers for Tony Bloom. 

Is he the new subject of your ire, Mr. Gizmo? Or is the “Todd Sport Department” or whatever it is you call it still your main object of disdain?

As ever 

C_M

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Is he the new subject of your ire, Mr. Gizmo? Or is the “Todd Sport Department” or whatever it is you call it still your main object of disdain?

As ever 

C_M

Hello Mr Door,

As you may have notice over the past couple of weeks, decide to steer clear on comments towards the TBSD as 13-Aug is when it counts on the playing staff and recruitment of.

Unfortunately the latest epiphany of buying a non-essential two bob keeper from  Brighton  is nothing more than scandalous from Winstanley and all the other recruitment clowns TB poached off of Brighton last season.  Especially when they were/are unable to get the clubs primary target from Brighton

I doff my cap to Tony Bloom for being able to mug off TB to the sum in excess of 120m in 12months (10m a month) and that's before Caceido potential move. 

Regards

ROTG

Edited by ROTG

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

I agree but not  being able to play out from the back well enough is apparently why Sanchez lost his spot at Brighton 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

I wouldn't be at all against this. Good age. Experience. Has an insane passing range. Disciplined.

No doubt suggested by Poch and/ or Enzo.  An all-Argentinian pivot might not be a bad idea.

It’s probably us just trying to force Brighton’s hand, but hope it isn’t, I think he’d be a decent signing and I really worry we’re going to massively overpay for Caicedo.

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I wouldn't be at all against this. Good age. Experience. Has an insane passing range. Disciplined.

No doubt suggested by Poch and/ or Enzo.  An all-Argentinian pivot might not be a bad idea.

This would be a great bit of work in my opinion , and Brighton are apparently holding out for £105m now and have reportedly said they want to keep him. 

Good for them .

I hope they go out of business, 

26 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'd be more interested if he didn't come off a horrible season for Juventus. 

You don't need to be Italian to get the gist of this

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/disastro-paredes-flop-pure-col-nantes-la-juve-non-lo-riscattera--34922

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Highlighted Section - not as a back-up for 38 games, along with the facts that Kepa has only been injured for 13 games during his entire career at Chelsea. Also, your statement would suggest Poch does not have the skill sets to adjust formation and tactics in extreme circumstances. "One can only hope the team are never chasing a game." 

There is a big difference between back ( ie Bettinelli) and competition (ie Sanchez).

I'm struggling to see where you are coming from here. Clearly, the club/head coach feel that Kepa needs competition, either to keep him firmly on his toes, or because they are not entirely convinced by him.

Either way, what part of any of this is incorrect ? Does he need competition ? Yes, everyone does. Can we trust and rely on him ? No , he has proven this over 5 seasons. It really is that simple.

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Hello Mr Door,

As you may have notice over the past couple of weeks, decide to steer clear on comments towards the TBSD as 13-Aug is when it counts on the playing staff and recruitment of.

Unfortunately the latest epiphany of buying a non-essential two bob keeper from  Brighton  is nothing more than scandalous from Winstanley and all the other recruitment clowns TB poached off of Brighton last season.  Especially when they were/are unable to get the clubs primary target from Brighton

I doff my cap to Tony Bloom for being able to mug off TB to the sum in excess of 120m in 12months (10m a month) and that's before Caceido potential move. 

Regards

ROTG

My dear Mr Gizmo,

Thank you for your message. It is always good to hear from you.

Whilst your arguments have merit, I do feel that the situations tic which you refer could be more nuanced than they seem.

As ever

C_M

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I agree but not  being able to play out from the back well enough is apparently why Sanchez lost his spot at Brighton 

A bit of yes and no with this. I believe it was more down to specifics in passing as to why Sanchez lost his place. Sanchez passing range is pretty good for a Gk, but his strength in his passing is more long range than short range.

De Zerbi wants his keepers to be very bold with their passing and more at short range, bold in respect of direct vertical pass into central midfield areas and in a decisive way. Sanchez had some issues adapting to this and Steele seems more suited to what De Zerbi wants.

I don't think we are necessarily going to be asking Sanchez to ping accurate quick balls into Enzo on a regular basis.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

There is a big difference between back ( ie Bettinelli) and competition (ie Sanchez).

I'm struggling to see where you are coming from here. Clearly, the club/head coach feel that Kepa needs competition, either to keep him firmly on his toes, or because they are not entirely convinced by him.

Either way, what part of any of this is incorrect ? Does he need competition ? Yes, everyone does. Can we trust and rely on him ? No , he has proven this over 5 seasons. It really is that simple.

Could have got De Gea on a free for 12 months and 38 games - would have been enough competition and a proven GK to step into the first team if asked

More likely the sports department have decided, Kepa is the next high earner to be shown the door, would not be surprised if he gets the Saudi call in the coming weeks

Just now, ROTG said:

Could have got De Gea on a free for 12 months and 38 games - would have been enough competition and a proven GK to step into the first team if asked

More likely the sports department have decided, Kepa is the next high earner to be shown the door, would not be surprised if he gets the Saudi call in the coming weeks

De Gea who has just seen a 300k per week contract finish and is on a free (he'll be cheap wont he!). De Gea who is bang average with the ball at his feet and despite being a great shot stopper, has made considerable mistakes now for about 4 seasons .

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, Ham said:

Is the Ratzkellar still there? Had a wonderful day outside there in May 2012. 

Yep, still here and always will be I think as it’s part of the historic building at Mariansplatz. 

We parked ourselves opposite the national opera house in 2012 - the best day, Porto was good but for me did not come close to Munich. One of the reasons I keep coming back. Going to a historic monastery today, sounds boring doesn’t it…………………until you factor in the brewery that’s part of the site! 🍺🥨👍

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

And then Kepa gets injured and we're stuffed?

He's been injured for 13 games in his entire career at the club.

You might want to look at the back-up GK's the club had when Cech, and big nose as the number 1 

NEXT.

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Hello Mr Door,

Regards

ROTG

Are you Droy in disguise? I suppose if you begin spouting meaningless xG stats when the season starts we'll know. That said, what's your problem? We've just acquired a resonable number 2 GK, probably funded by the sell on clause of Livramento. Yes it was from Brighton, which is annoying, but it has added almost the penultimate piece of the jigsaw which is an amazing feat by the club considering the mess the squad was in a couple of months ago. We still need a midfielder and it looks like we will need to take Vlahovic in order to get rid of Lukaku but then we're good to go. Hopefully we will rip our gaze away from Caicedo now and look elsewhere. There are still a few sales left to organise then the decisions to be made on loans but otherwise I'm happy. This is no longer a Chelsea I recognise as being my club but hopefully by the end of the seasons we will have new heroes to cheer for.

• Like 1