Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

19 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

He was cheeks at Juventus last season and lacks a defensively capable bone in his body. If our idea is to pair both Enzo and Paredes together in a pivot then it's going to be one hell of a long season.

If anything he's more of an Enzo backup than a partner, as passing and creation are the things he does relatively well. 

The plan is to play Enzo further forward and Paredes plays much deeper naturally. Ok so it hasn't really worked out for him at Juve but he's a better DM than you make out. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

It's also considered being prepared for the unexpected. I mean we saw the difference alone when swapping Kepa and Mendy for few games here and there, god forbid Kepa goes down with any sort of injury and misses a lengthy period of time. Having to bring in a keeper that's useless at ground level can completely disrupt the team and goes beyond a manager making adjustments.

Mendy useless at ground level but Kepa being good at it is the biggest lie told on this forum. Hilarious. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Couldn't disagree more. As someone that had to watch Paredes play last season at Juventus he's absolutely useless on the defensive side of the ball. His strengths lie purely in his passing and to a degree creating, the rest of his game is very mid to say the least. 

He's virtually Jorginho without the positional discipline, intelligence or awareness, but with some additional passing range and technical ability. If this is being touted as a Caicedo alternative then whoever is making that decision needs to have any and all decision making responsibilities revoked immediately. 

Respectfully I think if you are taking his time at Juve last season as a microcosm of who he is as a player, then maybe you are right but he has played deeper and in a more destructive role previously and I dare say more successfully and that is more indicative in my opinion. I also think he is better than you think he is in terms of positional discipline, intelligence or awareness, but its silly arguing about it online as neither point can be proven. So I take your points and grant that you could be right, much as I stick to my own and contend I may be right too.  Poch knows him better than we do so its his opinion that counts. 

Very unlikely we will actually sign him anyway so we'll likely never know. 

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

The plan is to play Enzo further forward and Paredes plays much deeper naturally. Ok so it hasn't really worked out for him at Juve but he's a better DM than you make out. 

He really isn't though. But if anyone wants to put their faith in a defensive incapable player by all means go for it, just don't be surprised if he's not as good as made out to be. 

22 minutes ago, Bison said:

Mendy useless at ground level but Kepa being good at it is the biggest lie told on this forum. Hilarious. 

Good relative to what Mendy was, which was a walking disaster any time he was put under a smidge of pressure.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Respectfully I think if you are taking his time at Juve last season as a microcosm of who he is as a player, then maybe you are right but he has played deeper and in a more destructive role previously and I dare say more successfully and that is more indicative in my opinion. I also think he is better than you think he is in terms of positional discipline, intelligence or awareness, but its silly arguing about it online as neither point can be proven. So I take your points and grant that you could be right, much as I stick to my own and contend I may be right too.  Poch knows him better than we do so its his opinion that counts. 

Very unlikely we will actually sign him anyway so we'll likely never know. 

A lot of Juventus fans had this initial thought process when he first joined as well, that quickly changed after actually seeing him play. That said, players work better in different teams and systems than others. Granted, I don't believe Paredes should be in any right a Caicedo alternative or our most defensive player in a pivot, he would be a reasonable Enzo backup alongside another DM.

We'll see what happens though.

Just now, Miguelito07 said:

So now that Sánchez has signed -Caicedo will follow right? 🤣

Just now, Morgs said:

I would think that if it doesn't happen in the next few days, it isn't going to. 

BBC are saying he's staying as Brighton don't believe anyone would pay the £105m they're asking and they've told Caicedo and he's Ok with it.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Good relative to what Mendy was, which was a walking disaster any time he was put under a smidge of pressure.

The three or four times Mendy made a mistake ≠ any time. 

Kepa is rubbish with the ball at his feet, often hoofs it when a pass is available and puts teammates under pressure with stupid passes. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

BBC are saying he's staying as Brighton don't believe anyone would pay the £105m they're asking and they've told Caicedo and he's Ok with it.

If that is true then we will find out a lot about whether Bobbly and Egbert have learned anything so far. 

If it is true and we end up panic buying somebody - or worse - panic buying nobody at all,  then it tells us a lot. 

If it is true and we pivot to someone on the same level and it gets done smoothly with much of the groundwork, personal terms etc already sorted quietly, then that tells us a lot too. 

We've seen far too much of the former and not enough of the latter in recent years. 

If it is true it also tells us a lot about Caicedo's supposed "desire" to come to Chelsea. He cant be that keen can he? 

Edited by Morgs

3 hours ago, east lower said:

Yep, still here and always will be I think as it’s part of the historic building at Mariansplatz. 

We parked ourselves opposite the national opera house in 2012 - the best day, Porto was good but for me did not come close to Munich. One of the reasons I keep coming back. Going to a historic monastery today, sounds boring doesn’t it…………………until you factor in the brewery that’s part of the site! 🍺🥨👍

Andechs?

• Agree 1

Delighted we’ve signed Axel though I’ve never seen him play. I’m sure he’s good though. I just hope we keep Trev, who I think could play DM. 

I guess this’ll be Thiago’s last season so with Foffers out this looks like a good buy. Our defence looks much more resilient physically. Just a DM - whether Trev or someone else, get rid of Zyech and Fatty Boom Boom and it’s been a perfect window.

Credit to Todd ‘n’ Eggy so far. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

You won't be drawing me into this, as I don't understand in the slightest where you have come to this conclusion.

Not drawing you into anything, only questioning your reason you believe he was signed, which would suggest that Poch's tactics are one dimensional. The Arse came second last season with a keeper who also is unable to use his feet. 

Not forgetting we won the CL with a GK who had limited ball skills and won European keeper of the year. 

Also if he was any good don't you think he would have wanted to go to a team where he would be No1. Not be content with 7 years as a No2. Even Cech asked to go to the Arse and be their No1, when he realised he was never going to replace Big Nose

31 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not drawing you into anything, only questioning your reason you believe he was signed, which would suggest that Poch's tactics are one dimensional. The Arse came second last season with a keeper who also is unable to use his feet. 

Not forgetting we won the CL with a GK who had limited ball skills and won European keeper of the year. 

Also if he was any good don't you think he would have wanted to go to a team where he would be No1. Not be content with 7 years as a No2. Even Cech asked to go to the Arse and be their No1, when he realised he was never going to replace Big Nose

The bold bit is some sort of conclusion you are creating, cos its not anything I have said, nor have I implied this. Ramsdale is more than adequate with the ball at his feet, so again I am not sure where you are coming from here.

As for why he is here, who wouldn't take a step up from Brighton to Chelsea. I am sure he is improving his money and I expect he thinks our current number 1 is on a level that he can comfortably compete with. He is also not really 2nd choice at Brighton, they have signed a new keeper from Belgium I think for around £20m. I expect the new keeper and Steele will be battling it out for that position.

De Zerbi clearly don't fancy Sanchez for what he wants. That happens in football, we know that more than most of over the last few years with KDB , Salah etc.........our manager at the time didn't fancy them. Good managers get things wrong, or just the circumstances for what they want don't fit.