Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

As for why he is here, who wouldn't take a step up from Brighton to Chelsea. I am sure he is improving his money and I expect he thinks our current number 1 is on a level that he can comfortably compete with. He is also not really 2nd choice at Brighton, they have signed a new keeper from Belgium I think for around £20m. I expect the new keeper and Steele will be battling it out for that position

You have dug yourself a funny hole. 

he stepping up from a club in Europe to a club with European football,

Brighton bring in a new keeper for £20m and relegates Sanchez to No 3 and now TBSD are prepared to pay more for Brightons No 3 who you say thinks he is better than Kepa.  Wow 

time to move on. 

Edited by ROTG

15 minutes ago, ROTG said:

You have dug yourself a funny hole. 

he stepping up from a club in Europe to a club with European football,

Brighton bring in a new keeper for £20m and relegates Sanchez to No 3 and now TBSD are prepared to pay more for Brightons No 3 who you say thinks he is better than Kepa.  Wow 

time to move on. 

So I dig myself a hole by telling you things you were not actually aware of 😂 ok then

I’ve never actually proclaimed him to be better than Kepa. I said he is a better shot stopper imo.

I’ve dug no hole despite your attempts to try and fabricate one.

Potnetially Olise coming in would make it five wingers if Nkunku is to play left wing, plenty of competition for places and Sterling is really going to have to step up if he wants to start games. I guess it would also confirm Gabriel and Morreira for loan moves, we seem a bit overstocked in this position all of a sudden, considering Maatsen is likely to play on the wing as well. 

Edited by Floyd25

4 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Maybe we have put together a good squad, maybe poch has what he wants but there have been too many transfers and I don't know who 80% of them are. Watching the friendlies recently it felt like I was watching someone else's team.

Forever Chelsea, I hope Poch knows what he is doing so I can know what I am doing

It’s a new era BUT I think with Poch it at last has the right “feel”. Change is never easy but this could be the start of something good. Sir Roman will always be the greatest imo though. 😉

14 hours ago, east lower said:

That’s the one! Far better out of the barrel, than the bottle. Can testify to that after today! 🍺

Bit of a climb though. Beer and food were great and cheap too.

Lovely, we usually drive to Hersching am Ammersee and walk over the hill when we're there. It's a nice walk through the forest and works up and good appetite! A Maas and a 'haxe never tasted better. 

Their Bockbiers are lovely drops but a bit too heavy for a daily tipple. The Helles fills that spot for me.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

Lovely, we usually drive to Hersching am Ammersee and walk over the hill when we're there. It's a nice walk through the forest and works up and good appetite! A Maas and a 'haxe never tasted better. 

Their Bockbiers are lovely drops but a bit too heavy for a daily tipple. The Helles fills that spot for me.

It looks a lovely area and some of the homes overlooking the lakes look wonderful places to live. I’d have hiked there using the trail but with the wife having two artificial knees I thought it the gracious thing not to. 

I’m with you on the Bocks, one is fine - any more than that’s a gut buster! As well as a head wrecker.

• Like 1

Lewis Hall to Palace on loan is getting reported in a few places now. I think that’ll be a good move for him, premiership experience under a very experienced manager, although I fear a bit for Palace this season, so hopefully he doesn’t end up in a relegation battle. It’ll be interesting to see what position he plays when out on loan.

Fabrizio Romano reporting:

BREAKING: Chelsea are closing in on deal for 2005 born gem Deivid Washington!

- Deivid Washington, top talented Brazilian striker.
- Official bid to Santos: €15m fixed, €5m add-ons.
- Santos, expected to accept proposal very soon.
- Deivid agreed personal terms and wants Chelsea.
- Loan to Strasbourg would follow - as next step.

23 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Fabrizio Romano reporting:

BREAKING: Chelsea are closing in on deal for 2005 born gem Deivid Washington!

- Deivid Washington, top talented Brazilian striker.
- Official bid to Santos: €15m fixed, €5m add-ons.
- Santos, expected to accept proposal very soon.
- Deivid agreed personal terms and wants Chelsea.
- Loan to Strasbourg would follow - as next step.

I have never seen a brazilian player doing extremely well in the premier league. It must be connected with the weather, I have a theory that the same player in Spain or Italy will do far better than England. Some flowers are not meant to be groomed in a rainy places. 

34 minutes ago, phicho said:

I have never seen a brazilian player doing extremely well in the premier league. It must be connected with the weather, I have a theory that the same player in Spain or Italy will do far better than England. Some flowers are not meant to be groomed in a rainy places. 

image.png

It’s not a bad team and some other decent players that aren’t in that team (eg. Willian), however, I do know where you’re coming from. For such a big footballing nation, the number of Brazilian players that have played in England during the peak of their career is small.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Lewis Hall to Palace on loan is getting reported in a few places now. I think that’ll be a good move for him, premiership experience under a very experienced manager, although I fear a bit for Palace this season, so hopefully he doesn’t end up in a relegation battle. It’ll be interesting to see what position he plays when out on loan.

Would have to guess it'll be in midfield because Palace have Tyrick Mitchell at LB already. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

image.png

It’s not a bad team and some other decent players that aren’t in that team (eg. Willian), however, I do know where you’re coming from. For such a big footballing nation, the number of Brazilian players that have played in England during the peak of their career is small.

Diego Costa is Brazilian really.

That's a very, um, disruptive midfield. 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

image.png

Alex, Oscar, Alison, Beletti..... 

You're right, not many elite Brazilian players have played here in their peak, so doesn't necessarily provide an accurate reflection of whether someone will or will not succeed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Hello Mr Door,

In these Brexit days of work permits for non British citizens how does a Spanish No3 goalkeeper at a PL team get work permit?. Surly a new employer needs to apply for a new work permit?

I know when moving from parish to parish including moving in the same country, each time I have to apply for a new missionary pass.

One could say i have a great deal of focus and attention to detail when trying a new missionary position 

Answer on a post card please

and I'll get my coat 

As Always 

ROTG

He came through their youth team I believe so counts as "association trained" 

13 hours ago, east lower said:

It looks a lovely area and some of the homes overlooking the lakes look wonderful places to live. I’d have hiked there using the trail but with the wife having two artificial knees I thought it the gracious thing not to. 

I’m with you on the Bocks, one is fine - any more than that’s a gut buster! As well as a head wrecker.

All round the big lakes near Munich is great real estate, albeit extremely pricey. It must be a super place to live though.

Having a reconstructed ankle myself, I can commiserate with Mrs Lower - hope she enjoyed herself nonetheless! 

• Thanks 1

So I have a day off then log on to Twitter, or ‘X’ as it’s called now, and it appears that: 

Kudus is going to Brighton.

We’re about to splurge £95m on Caicedo. 

We’re going to trigger Tyler Adams’ £20m release clause.

Have bid 25m for Olise, even though he’s out injured.

Still thinking about swapping Lukaku for Vlahovic.

Ziyech is still a Chelsea player.