Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

So Poch says he expects "four more signings."

You'd think Olise, Caicedo, Vlahovic and Tyler Adams, right? 

So Vlahovic coming in means a loan for Broja, Adams coming in means a loan for Ugochukwu and Olise coming in may see the end of Gallagher for a decent fee. 

Still cant get over the Nkunku news. When will it end???

If the Daily Express is to be believed, Poch put his foot down and said no to Boehly's plans to bring Neymar in. 

Top man. I'm liking him more every day.  Neymar would be the worst signing we have made in living memory. A walking, gold-plated catastrophe. 

Just now, Morgs said:

If the Daily Express is to be believed, Poch put his foot down and said no to Boehly's plans to bring Neymar in. 

Top man. I'm liking him more every day.  Neymar would be the worst signing we have made in living memory. A walking, gold-plated catastrophe. 

Not to mention the fact that with this new "refereeing leniency" he'd get crippled in the first week or so and would be out for the season.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I don’t think he was even considered. Neymar is on a 30m euro 4 yr contract. There’s no way we would pay that

8 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Ah yes. I cant wait for this. Not.

It means yet more subjective reffing decisions applied subjectively.  Means even more of a kicking for our attacking players and more freedom for every lumpy clogger in the division to just kick and push everyone that moves at the Bridge to no censure (not that there was much last season anyway), whilst still allowing freedom to book the Chelsea player for the first tackle he makes in the game. 

Picture the scene. 

Radio Five Live. 

"annnnnnd there's been a goal at Stamford Bridge,  Conor McNamara?"

----

"Yes there has Mark and its gone to Sheffield United! They lead here in a fractious, stop and start game. Its been a scrappy affair truth be told all afternoon here at the Bridge with an injury to Nicholas Jackson after ten minutes who was chopped down by an over-anxious Chris Basham  just outside the box and crumpled in a heap trying to re-attach his foot. From the resulting free kick and with Jackson still down in agony, Sheffield United lofted the ball into the Chelsea box and Kepa did superbly to tip away a Rhian Brewster header before being crumpled himself as McBurnie went in knee high, but then apologised which was nice of him. Chelsea skipper James booked for complaining in the ensuing melee.... I think he may be subject to FA charges for that later on. 

Worryingly for the Stamford Bridge faithful Jackson was unable to continue on one foot... painful looking injury that... very unlucky for him... and was replaced by young Albanian Armando Broja who has since been booked for an ugly sideways glance at United keeper Fodderingham.

As the frustration from the crowd started to grow, United took what must be regarded as a deserved lead. Mudryk was spectacularly punted ten feet in the air by an accidental two footed lunge off the ball by the industrious firefly in midfield John Fleck and then booked for remonstrating with Paul Tierney as Fleck just got up and got on with it. United took their free kick quickly and it was that man Brewster in a carbon copy of the move after Jackson was injured finding himself on the edge of the six yard box with time to place a crashing header past Kepa in the Chelsea goal. Cue utter pandemonium from the seventeen hundred United fans behind the goal who have been absolutely superb all afternoon...

Oh wait.... somethings happening here....

Wait.... 

Oh dear that's awful....

Yes Mark.... looooooks like.... yes Conor Gallagher has just gone into a firm tackle with Coulibaly in the United midfield, looked to have got the ball and Chelsea were looking to break but Tierney didn't hesitate to reach for a straight red... Coulibaly did four rolls, a high pitched scream you could hear from Heathrow and a triple pike into the turf and looks to be very seriously hurt as he jogs back to the half way line high fiving the United back line. Gallagher incredulous but you cant go making tackles like that in the modern game, he clearly contacted Coulibaly judging by the reaction and those are the ones where it doesn't matter if you get the ball. The fans are booing here Mark, its ugly scenes here at the Bridge.  Their expensive team haven't got to grips with The Blades here and are now a man down, and a goal down heading into half time. 

...work to do for Pochettino here. Its Chelsea nil, Sheffield United ONE."

That is pretty much a perfect example of what we witness time and again .

And then Dermot Gallagher backs every rank decision against us on SKY on the Monday 

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Morgs said:

You'd think Olise, Caicedo, Vlahovic and Tyler Adams, right? 

So Vlahovic coming in means a loan for Broja, Adams coming in means a loan for Ugochukwu and Olise coming in may see the end of Gallagher for a decent fee. 

Still cant get over the Nkunku news. When will it end???

I think the Nkunku injury means we probably have to keep Gallagher now. We lack options for the No10 role as I can only really see Chuk and Gallagher competing for this spot, presume Casadei goes out and gets the loan he needs. Maybe Sterling is another option, but I have concerns on how affective he will be in this role.

Whilst Gallagher does not have the skillset that Nkunku or Chuk can offer in the role. He probably can be effective playing in this position as a runner and link up player, and  who is prepared to join and run beyond Jackson in the No9 role.

Unfortunately, the Nkunku news just has knock on effects on plans and preparation for the season.

57 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I think we have to hope every aspect of this story is not true. Boehly isn't supposed to be as involved in transfers at all now. We have so many people who should be doing that work that one is already on gardening leave. And if, for some reason, Boehly was involved, replicating last year's Ronaldo/Tuchel fiasco would not be the healthiest of signs. I imagine the whole thing is BS.

Some rumours Nkunku is out just for weeks, not months. Odd there's been no club statement yet given they'd established that as a habit when someone got injured.

• Agree 3

It doesn’t get any better…

New Chelsea signing Christopher Nkunku could face months out after scans revealed the injury he suffered in a pre-season friendly last week is worse than first feared.

In a major blow to Chelsea ahead of the new season, Nkunku sustained a meniscus injury and may need a knee operation.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-nkunku-injury-latest-news-b1099283.html

4 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

It doesn’t get any better…

New Chelsea signing Christopher Nkunku could face months out after scans revealed the injury he suffered in a pre-season friendly last week is worse than first feared.

In a major blow to Chelsea ahead of the new season, Nkunku sustained a meniscus injury and may need a knee operation.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-nkunku-injury-latest-news-b1099283.html

Jacob Steinberg is reporting he does need an op and will be out for months. Club is to release a statement today so i guess we'll find out. At least it isn't yet another bloody ACL. 

2 hours ago, Morgs said:

I think that media speculation rather than Poch

Seems the club is going down the bloated squad route again with all these incoming, I guess the load department will be working overtime in the coming weeks

12 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Jacob Steinberg is reporting he does need an op and will be out for months. Club is to release a statement today so i guess we'll find out. At least it isn't yet another bloody ACL. 

I don't know, I had a meniscus injury in school playing rugby and, while I obviously didn't have the medical attention these players have which didn't go much beyond slapping me around the face and telling me to man up, it took me a year to be able to trust the stability of the joint. My knee was swollen up to the size of my head and the treatment basically consisted of an elasticated bandage. Didn't even see a doctor until years later when I had a different injury and they commented on the old damage to my knee. Maybe we could try the same treatment on Nkunku, wrap his knee in a bandage and tell him to man up? Last resort, the magic sponge?

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

Whilst Gallagher does not have the skillset that Nkunku or Chuk can offer in the role

Eh - Nether Chuk or Nkunku have played in the PL, therefore it speculation to say they have better skill sets. Gallagher for all his pros and cons, has over 6k minutes on the clock playing in the PL, which is going to be invaluable to the squad this season.

Due to the  pure intensity of the PL week in and week out, some of the new additions will fall by the way side regardless of their fitness, 

16 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Eh - Nether Chuk or Nkunku have played in the PL, therefore it speculation to say they have better skill sets. Gallagher for all his pros and cons, has over 6k minutes on the clock playing in the PL, which is going to be invaluable to the squad this season.

Due to the  pure intensity of the PL week in and week out, some of the new additions will fall by the way side regardless of their fitness, 

Nothing to be confused by here. Skillset and adaptability to play in the league are two different things.

If you think Gallagher offers the same level of technical ability with and without the ball when compared to Nkunku or Chuk, then you simply have not been paying attention Gizmo.

Before you try and turn this into something it is not. I am saying the Nkunku injury means Gallagher probably needs to stay. We would have to adapt the N010 role slightly if using Gallagher there, it would be more Tim Cahill rather than Denis Bergkamp for example.

Keep up old bean!

6 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Nothing to be confused by here. Skillset and adaptability to play in the league are two different things.

If you think Gallagher offers the same level of technical ability with and without the ball when compared to Nkunku or Chuk, then you simply have not been paying attention Gizmo.

Before you try and turn this into something it is not. I am saying the Nkunku injury means Gallagher probably needs to stay. We would have to adapt the N010 role slightly if using Gallagher there, it would be more Tim Cahill rather than Denis Bergkamp for example.

Keep up old bean!

Another bizarre response from you my old cocker 

You continually contradict yourself. Skillsets and adaptation to the league are two sperate things? Surely adapting to a league is a skillset which Connor has done.

Jury still out on the other two, best to revisit when they have 20 PL games on the clock. 

Toodles.