Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Don’t know how serious this is…

IMG_7610.jpeg

This is simply too good to be true. I'm going to ignore every bit of news about this transfer link and just hope we'll see confirmation on the official site before long. 

54 minutes ago, Alex said:

Given you were below that comment about "leftists" linking to something in The Sun (that I didn't read) I assumed you were referring to that.

I was, but then I was thinking that our much-vaunted data analysis too often leads to us getting players and coaches from Brighton!

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Given all the nauseating, Mcarthyesque anti-Russian (not anti-Putin) virtue-signalling and hatred of Chelsea this wouldn’t surprise me if it were true.

It’s blatant hyperbole in my opinion, I saw it reported in a different paper this morning as well. It’s just typical gutter press in this country, putting two and two together and getting five, if our owners thought we’d get a points deduction they wouldn’t be self policing. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

It’s blatant hyperbole in my opinion, I saw it reported in a different paper this morning as well. It’s just typical gutter press in this country, putting two and two together and getting five, if our owners thought we’d get a points deduction they wouldn’t be self policing. 

Bet they do us because it’s us. @Mark Kelly

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I believe they are reporting the same incident that UEFA have already fined us over, namely the missing financial paperwork discovered by Clearlake when they were negotiating to buy the club. 

They're just hoping if they make enough noise about it then the Premier League will have to act 

The biggest issue is that even though Europe's governing body has already fined us and praised is for reporting it ourselves that there are people at the EPL who will want to look like the big I am and show us who's the boss.  And if that means punishing us twice... Look what they did to Luton Town. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

11 hours ago, JaneB said:

Good 🙂

I think Matt's a laugh, no real desire to dig him out but c'mon, he's literally not following the no-politics rule. There's a post since about virtue-signalling and McCarthyism!

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Well it is encouraging an attempt by the Petty Bourgeoisie to seize more capital from the Proletariat 

Needs a loan at Strausbourg before being any use for us, imo.

• Haha 1

I'd have no interest in Kepa going out in loan. If Bayern want him, pay up. How much of his fee is still on the books, £20-30m? I think we'd need to look at any offer that covered that but we'd also need to replace him, with the possibility of him then coming back here next year and that being an issue. Permanent or nothing imo.

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd have no interest in Kepa going out in loan. If Bayern want him, pay up. How much of his fee is still on the books, £20-30m? I think we'd need to look at any offer that covered that but we'd also need to replace him, with the possibility of him then coming back here next year and that being an issue. Permanent or nothing imo.

Tend to agree. Whilst I am no fan of Kepa, loan with an obligation to buy does not really suit us in this scenario. Surely it has to be permanent of nothing.

If he does go, I am not sure where we find a genuine No1 keeper this late in the day. Wouldn't be surprised if we take a look at someone like Pickford in some sort of cash + player move along the lines of £40m plus Ziyech

23 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Tend to agree. Whilst I am no fan of Kepa, loan with an obligation to buy does not really suit us in this scenario. Surely it has to be permanent of nothing.

If he does go, I am not sure where we find a genuine No1 keeper this late in the day. Wouldn't be surprised if we take a look at someone like Pickford in some sort of cash + player move along the lines of £40m plus Ziyech

Is Pickford a meaningful upgrade on Kepa? I'm not convinced.  I reckon half the hype on Pickford is down to his twice-yearly world class displays against us.  Unlikely he would be as unbeatable or lucky between the sticks for us as he was against us for Everton. 

5 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Is Pickford a meaningful upgrade on Kepa? I'm not convinced.  I reckon half the hype on Pickford is down to his twice-yearly world class displays against us.  Unlikely he would be as unbeatable or lucky between the sticks for us as he was against us for Everton. 

I'm not a huge fan, but that is more of a personality thing for me. I think his personality style does not exude confidence to his defenders. He actually annoys me quite a bit to be honest.

Two areas he is an upgrade though. He is definitely a far better shot stopper than Kepa. He is also better with the ball at his feet than Kepa.

I'm not saying he would be my choice, but he is the kind of option I can see us pursuing.

• Agree 1

"Hi there. We'd like to sign Caicedo." 

"No."

"Just tell us your price." 

"100m and not a penny less." 

"That's steep. What about 80m plus addons?"

"No."

"I think you are being unreasonable."

"As mentioned, we think that's steep. What about 90m plus addons?"

"The player wants to come to us. 90m plus addons is an awful lot of money." 

"What if we over-pay on Sanchez by 15m allowing us to amortise his fee for longer, and you reconsider your standpoint on your 100m asking price?"

"OK."

{Chelsea sign Sanchez for 15m more than they ought to and return to the table}

"Right, thanks for getting the Sanchez deal done so quickly. Can we talk about Caicedo now?"

"But you said...."

"If you don't like it, Liverpool will give us a hundred mil for him. The door is there. Nobody is forcing you to stay."

"Are Liverpool actually bidding?" 

"We cannot reveal that but we have had a 100m+ bid from a secret club. you wont have heard of them. They go to a different school etc." 

"Hmmmm." 

"What about 95m plus addons?"

"105m and not a penny less."

"Eh? you said 100m before? Why has his price gone up?"

"Rice went for 100m. Caicedo is a better player so logically must go for more money." 

"That's not very fair. But we do want to get this done so, how about 100m plus addons?" 

"110m and not a penny less. If you don't like it, there's the door. I've probably just had a 120m bid from PSG."

"Erm....."

-------------

How does this conversation take three months to get through? What are they doing????

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I'm not a huge fan, but that is more of a personality thing for me. I think his personality style does not exude confidence to his defenders. He actually annoys me quite a bit to be honest.

Two areas he is an upgrade though. He is definitely a far better shot stopper than Kepa. He is also better with the ball at his feet than Kepa.

I'm not saying he would be my choice, but he is the kind of option I can see us pursuing.

IF Kepa went for 40m+ and we were able to convince Everton to take Ziyech and 20m for Pickford, I wouldn't necessarily be against it. 99% not going to happen though. Far too late in the window to be changing first choice keepers now. 

1 minute ago, Morgs said:

"Hi there. We'd like to sign Caicedo." 

"No."

"Just tell us your price." 

"That's steep. What about 80m plus addons?"

"No."

"I think you are being unreasonable."

"As mentioned, we think that's steep. What about 90m plus addons?"

"The player wants to come to us. 90m plus addons is an awful lot of money." 

"What if we over-pay on Sanchez by 15m allowing us to amortise his fee for longer, and you reconsider your standpoint on your 100m asking price?"

"OK."

{Chelsea sign Sanchez for 15m more than they ought to and return to the table}

"Right, thanks for getting the Sanchez deal done so quickly. Can we talk about Caicedo now?"

"But you said...."

"If you don't like it, Liverpool will give us a hundred mil for him. The door is there. Nobody is forcing you to stay."

"Are Liverpool actually bidding?" 

"We cannot reveal that but we have had a 100m+ bid from a secret club. you wont have heard of them. They go to a different school etc." 

"Hmmmm." 

"What about 95m plus addons?"

"105m and not a penny less."

"Eh? you said 100m before? Why has his price gone up?"

"Rice went for 100m. Caicedo is a better player so logically must go for more money." 

"That's not very fair. But we do want to get this done so, how about 100m plus addons?" 

"110m and not a penny less. If you don't like it, there's the door. I've probably just had a 120m bid from PSG."

"Erm....."

-------------

How does this conversation take three months to get through? What are they doing????

That sounds like exactly what has gone down to me , we really should be telling Brighton to get over themselves and buy someone else instead in my opinion and hope they go under.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Morgs said:

IF Kepa went for 40m+ and we were able to convince Everton to take Ziyech and 20m for Pickford, I wouldn't necessarily be against it. 99% not going to happen though. Far too late in the window to be changing first choice keepers now. 

Take the football out of the equation.....chance to move on a player who is earning 180k per week and does not justify that money is enough to suggest it's not too late!

Just now, Thiago97 said:

Take the football out of the equation.....chance to move on a player who is earning 180k per week and does not justify that money is enough to suggest it's not too late!

How do you take football out of the equation when the Prem starts in three days? 

I mean ok Kepa's wages are high but do you really think Pickford - the England number one I hasten to add - would come for much, much less? 

Just now, Morgs said:

How do you take football out of the equation when the Prem starts in three days? 

I mean ok Kepa's wages are high but do you really think Pickford - the England number one I hasten to add - would come for much, much less? 

Well we are run by business men, so I am just surmising what they might be thinking. Pickford would probably want wages very similar to Kepa. As I said though, I am not really advocating Pickford here, just a player I would expect we may look at.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Arguable upgrades, I don't think Pickford is necessarily better than Kepa as either a shot stopper or with the ball at feet. He also somehow worse in the air than Kepa, which isn't a plus obviously when you consider what has been like. 

He's also got a contract until 2027 so I can't see Everton accepting anything but some outlandish figure given their situation.