Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

In the last hour from reputable journals, in chronological order;

Liverpool have outbid Chelsea.

Chelsea have turned to Lavia 

Caicedo only wants Chelsea.

Liverpool haven't actually made any bid. 

Brighton confirm no bid from Liverpool.

Liverpool have outbid Chelsea and they face losing him to Liverpool. 

Tyler Adams "here we go".

Edited by Ham
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ham said:

In the last hour from reputable journals, in chronological order;

Liverpool have outbid Chelsea.

Chelsea have turned to Lavia 

Caicedo only wants Chelsea.

Liverpool haven't actually made any bid. 

Brighton confirm no bid from Liverpool.

Liverpool have outbid Chelsea and they face losing him to Liverpool. 

Tyler Adams "here we go".

This club of ours...........

The end of Matt Law's article says:

"As of Thursday morning, Southampton had not accepted or rejected Chelsea’s offer for Caicedo."

Actually, Law said on the London is Blue Podcast, that he is on holiday at the moment, so maybe his copy is getting mixed up.

27 minutes ago, Ham said:

His comparative stats v Caicedo and Lavia are very impressive, considering fewer appearances. 

At least it's a DM in the door. 

One of the other two and we're good to go. 

Adams is the best value for money out of three and more importantly he is more the type of player we need to give coverage to our defence.

However, I think Caicedo is exactly the kind of player Liverpool need and would do very well for them. Lavia would be another player bought for his potential rather than current quality and we already have enough of those, so I'd pass on him. 

16 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Adams is the best value for money out of three and more importantly he is more the type of player we need to give coverage to our defence.

However, I think Caicedo is exactly the kind of player Liverpool need and would do very well for them. Lavia would be another player bought for his potential rather than current quality and we already have enough of those, so I'd pass on him. 

Lavia only make sense if he was to arrive to understudy Enzo, as they compare quite closely from an underlying perspective. Lavia being looked at as a DM to partner WITH Enzo however makes no real sense, he's awful defensively and Caicedo and Adams make for a far more balanced duo to rotate between. 

£50m however for an Enzo backup, hard pass.

Edit: Although, and this goes back to a theory I put up before, maybe with Nkunku out we'll push Enzo upfield and then look to play Lavia in Enzo's role and then a DM alongside. That is the only way signing all three makes sense. 

Edited by xceleryx

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I quite like Kepa , I think he's got his issues but he's a decent keeper , I just think the club are happy to get his wages off the books and buy someone they think is better suited to how they want us to play . 

Got a feeling it going to be Brighton's no3 as our new no1.

How times have changed

44 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The end of Matt Law's article says:

"As of Thursday morning, Southampton had not accepted or rejected Chelsea’s offer for Caicedo."

Actually, Law said on the London is Blue Podcast, that he is on holiday at the moment, so maybe his copy is getting mixed up.

Southampton are determined to hang on to Caicedo, it seems. You'd think after we sold them Osgood and Dixon they'd be willing to do a deal with us.

Edited by Backbiter
  • Haha 2

Another point in favour of Adams is that he performed well in a crap team which got relegated. That shows he's a pretty strong character who doesn't let his head drop when the going gets tough, which is in stark contrast to some of those who threw the towel in  with us when things got tough last season.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Edit: Although, and this goes back to a theory I put up before, maybe with Nkunku out we'll push Enzo upfield and then look to play Lavia in Enzo's role and then a DM alongside. That is the only way signing all three makes sense. 

Basically throws the Poch's formation and tactics as seen during US tour out of the window  in having a speedy attacking line if Enzo is pushed up field 

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Basically throws the Poch's formation and tactics as seen during US tour out of the window  in having a speedy attacking line if Enzo is pushed up field 

He has speed  of thought which is just as important as being physically quick off the mark. 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

He didn't say rank player.

Oops you are right - Deleted the post

Need to read and reply to post back in the parish rather than on a full bus on my way back to the parish, playing elbow room with the bloke next to me 🤡