Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Have Southampton accepted our Caicedo offer yet, I'm on tenter hooks here.

I really can't remember a transfer I've found as excruciatingly tedious as this, especially since I had no idea who he was until he was linked with Chelsea.

To be honest of these signings from the new management since they've taken over have been terrifically exciting. 

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

Sorry

If he was such a bargain one of the top 6 or top European teams would have come calling. 

If he does not join us he will more than likely be playing in the championship this season. 

Too many times we've overlooked players who are not big names and seen them go to other clubs and become very good value for money signings.  Adams could be our next Azpi level value for money player, so why not go for him at such a low price? 

23 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Have to admit that I'd never heard of this Dewsbury geezer until he was linked to us. Is he any good or would he just be a squad filler type?

Scored twice at the weekend and lazy journalists linked him to the most active club.  

42 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Have to admit that I'd never heard of this Dewsbury geezer until he was linked to us. Is he any good or would he just be a squad filler type?

Seen him live a few times and best described as hard working, but extremely ordinary. Think of Danny Drinkwater  without the PL Winners medal, but probably more sober.

About as exciting as if we were signing Harry Winks

Edited by east lower
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, east lower said:

Seen him live a few times and best described as hard working, but extremely ordinary. Think of Danny Drinkwater  without the PL Winners medal, but probably more sober.

About as exciting as if we were signing Harry Winks

Oh dear!  

Doesn't sound like he'd be close to being  a serious target for us.

5 hours ago, chara said:

Well..that is impressive and following on from your earlier posts I hereby..as oldest OG here...fast track your graduation into the "Usual Suspects"  elite squad of reactionary and irreverent voices  as from now...welcome aboard !!!

I of course being above such activity will watch your progress with great interest.

Thank you very much sir. I shall endeavor not to let you down. 

2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I've disliked Seagulls ever since one shat  all over an expensive black silk shirt on my way to a first date. 😭

Can feel for you there..my first day at work a pigeon shat on me in Oxford Street...an omen if I ever felt one!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I've disliked Seagulls ever since one shat  all over an expensive black silk shirt on my way to a first date. 😭

The only time I've ever been shat on by a seagull was, appropriately, in Looe in Cornwall. My family and I were just heading out for an evening meal when a gull dumped on my hair. How my wife and kids laughed.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Kepa loan deal? What’s that about? 

IMG_7623.jpeg

It must surely be a permanent move - a loan with an option to buy does nothing for us. Well, not entirely true, we cut the time we have to have Kepa in the squad by 50% which I suppose is nothing to be sniffed at. 

12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It's all kicking off mate! I can't see us not buying Caicedo, now the player is refusing to play etc. I think it will buy Adams if we can't get Lavia, but not both. 

That said, I honestly have no idea! If Kepa goes, then we'll need a new GK. Who that is, I don't know

Kane to Bayern. My word..........they are screwed!! 

It seems Kane is hesitant. He better stay on at Spurs, I’ve got him in my FPL! 

The Caicedo vs Lavia saga has been rumbling for ages. Honestly, have we just wasted the whole summer talking to Brighton instead of closing the deal? I remember Droy was adamant that transfers were never concluded late in summer, but rather agreed in principle before last season even ended. I’ve often wondered whether he was right with that or not.

I’ve just read a piece which claims that MP always wanted rid of Kepa and Sanchez as our new GK1. If that is true, bif if granted, Sanchez isn’t exactly world class, then perhaps our three GKs will be Sanchez, Slonina and Bettinelli. But then again Slonina wasn’t given a squad number… So would that mean Sanchez, Bettinelli and Bergström? That’s the weakest GK set-up we’ve had for a while in that case. Takes some doing to do worse after you get rid of Kepa *smh*

Edit: just seen that Slonina has been loaned out to some Belgian waffle club for the season. Underwhelming loan! If we do sell/loan Kepa, we better have another keeper up our sleeve! Someone who can seriously battle Sanchez for first. 

12 hours ago, Bones said:

Maybe Sanchez was meant to replace Kepa.

Our owners are business focused - if you get the same stats as GK just cheaper why not replace the GK.

And perhaps praising Kepa and playing him during preseason was just a masquarade to find a buyer.

Yeah, and big nose tearing his knee up. Imagine if we’d have a race between BM and RM to buy Kepa 😂

12 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

£100m? They can have him.

so much for the discussions with Brighton over the summer 🤦🏻‍♂️

To be perfectly honest, at this point in time, if Caicedo is deemed to be the right profile for us it doesn’t matter if we pay £90m, £100m or even £110m. 

11 hours ago, ROTG said:

Got a feeling it going to be Brighton's no3 as our new no1.

How times have changed

Imagine how funny that would be. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave