Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I live on the coast and still, it always surprises me just how big and scary the chip-stealing bastards are. 

Yeah..Hitchcock chose the wrong birds!....it's that arrogant waddle and beady eye look.

Shudder.......and here in CharaLand chip stealing is a Capital Crime!

This guy was our priority target. We could have wrapped up this deal months ago for likely 90m plus 10m bonus payments. Now we’re in a bidding war and will have to pay much more to avoid being humiliated. Or miss out altogether. Amateurish doesn’t even begin to describe it. 

Edited by Original 21

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not quite the same take on the situation.....

I give up. The British reporters are talking about £100m plus bids. Why would Liverpool bid on an old offer which we’re about to improve on anyway? If they’re serious they’re going to have to blow us out of the water. Then this whole Lavia bid is weird and then us signing Adams today. Fuck knows what’s going on. 

Lavia and Adams it is then......

To offer £100m in a midnight auction caused by delays when we could have gotten him for £90m + £10m 3 months earlier is the most annoying thing. 

We come out of this looking really bad. 

Caicedo and his camp look particularly mercenary here too. 

He was desperate to join Arsenal, then us and now the dippers. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

No guarantee at all that we even get Lavia, what’s to stop another bidding war for him? They want over 50 million pounds for him, whole thing is a shambles. 

And he’s not even the type of player we have an urgent need of. 

12 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

No guarantee at all that we even get Lavia, what’s to stop another bidding war for him? They want over 50 million pounds for him, whole thing is a shambles. 

It's quite simple.Like an auction you have a maximum amount you are willing to pay.

Above that you walk away.It's not as if they are in anyway special.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It's quite simple.Like an auction you have a maximum amount you are willing to pay.

Above that you walk away.It's not as if they are in anyway special.

These owners got themselves in to a bidding war for Caicedo due to sheer stupidity, it’s a failure. Is Lavia even a plan b? I’m not sure they have one. 

Total balls up from start to finish. We ended up offering 100m anyway after faffing about all summer. Can’t think of a more humiliating scenario. To lose a key target after having a clear run at him is just incredible incompetence. That would have been our midfield sorted for years. Instead, we just invited Liverpool to outbid us. The damage to our credibility is just staggering. I really hope we don’t now go for Lavia for 50m. That would be a humiliation too far.