Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

30 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I don't know, not sure on this . I caught a disagreement between Simon Jordan and that prat Keown on talksport recently, when I say caught I mean a Youtube video of their disagreement. I was left with the impression that Jordan has heard stories from the Boehly camp about the Tuchel sacking. He certainly implies during that discussion that he has been presented with a chain of events, not specifically football related , as to the reasons why Tuchel was sacked.

I don't believe Jordan to come up with BS like that, its not his style. I suspect we will never really know in the public. He has clearly spent some time with the new ownership, I believe they were mixing in the same circles when out in Qatar for the WC. Of course, the narrative he has been fed may not be 100% accurate. 

The last bit is the rub, for me. He's getting his sources from the same people who did the briefing. I'm personally not going to put any stock in what he says unless he says it.

Besides which, any falling out still doesn't explain why you're pushing a new contract all summer, buying a player with a specific relationship at the end of August, sacking the first week of September, and then claiming the sacking had been on the cards for ages. When was this falling out or problematic behaviour (asking rhetorically, I know you don't know). Doesn't add up even with Jordan's comments, imo.

Been and done, just have to hope the decision making isn't as reactionary from now on.

22 hours ago, Ham said:

I read that we were loaning him out and paying all of his wages.

Surely that cannot be true. What's the motivation for us? 

1. There could be a loan fee.

2. Bad apple. Get rid

3. Shop window. Playing is better than not playing if he and we want to find him a new club

16 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

So I hear dear old Todd is off to Paris to discuss Neymar. Please tell me this is a joke?

I sincerely hope that TB wasn’t doing that. I watched the PSG v Bayern game last night and his lack of effort without the ball was nothing short of a disgrace.

Edited by east lower

18 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

So... Vlahovic? Osimhen? Goncalo Ramos? Kolo Muani? Ivan Toney? Jonathan David? Literally anyone who might put the ball in the net...

In bold.....the downside, by far the most difficult one to negotiate out of his club ! De Laurentiis is going to muller us on this deal, unless his contract is running low.

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It specifically said " Literally anyone who might put the ball in the net" 

I think that discount's Kebabku 

Mate time to loose the paranoia over the man. 

Regardless what he said or did not say  the TT relationship. When the guy is fit and at his fighting weight he score goals, with the bottom line being, he is our player and nobody will take him this summer “wages being a part of the problem” therefore whoever the coach is in the summer will more than likely have to utilise him.

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Mate time to loose the paranoia over the man. 

Regardless what he said or did not say  the TT relationship. When the guy is fit and at his fighting weight he score goals, with the bottom line being, he is our player and nobody will take him this summer “wages being a part of the problem” therefore whoever the coach is in the summer will more than likely have to utilise him.

When he loses the eight stone of flab that hinders his ability to move at more than a snails pace and for more than an inch at a time , I'll be fully behind us selling him to the lowest bidder. 

55 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

So... Vlahovic? Osimhen? Goncalo Ramos? Kolo Muani? Ivan Toney? Jonathan David? Literally anyone who might put the ball in the net...

Pretty grim reading really, would love a Christian Vieri or Hasselbaink personally. 

Vlahovic may be the easiest to get depending what transpires at Juve, but he's had some injury issues and is quite reliant on service. Osimhen will be 30 by the time ADL contemplates selling, even then you'll be looking at £100m still. Toney hinges on his betting situation, until that's sorted he's a red flag. The rest aren't particularly inspiring.

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If the Mount situation isn't sorted soon I can see him being used to keep the Felix price doable.

He has been a breath of fresh air (I think I love him a little bit already) but he needs to tuck away his chances if he's going to justify his undoubtedly massive fee. I think the first one was actually quite difficult around the player in to a small area but I think he has to score the second last night when he hit the bar. 

17 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

He has been a breath of fresh air (I think I love him a little bit already) but he needs to tuck away his chances if he's going to justify his undoubtedly massive fee. I think the first one was actually quite difficult around the player in to a small area but I think he has to score the second last night when he hit the bar. 

Felix has given me flashbacks of Zola a little. Zola never had his pace, but the way he manipulates the ball, drops off into pockets of space, and his ability and technique to receive the ball in tight areas.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

When he loses the eight stone of flab that hinders his ability to move at more than a snails pace and for more than an inch at a time , I'll be fully behind us selling him to the lowest bidder. 

You can call him whatever you like the bottom line is he scores goals.  Which is something team GP seem unable to coach into the team. 

30 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not for us he doesn't.

It's Graham Potter not Harry  , he's not a magician.

Again. 
take the rose tinted glasses off. 
he did score goals until he got injured 

Not sure about team GP being magicians they are more akin to Redvers Potter. “One for the teenagers “

It's funny this has come up because I was thinking to myself the other day, wasn't Lukaku sort of OK up until he got injured and then did that stupid interview? Everyone acts like it was an unmitigated disaster, which it was, but I don't know if it was for footballing reasons. 

I personally wouldn't ever want him back after the way he treated the club however, we've had much worse flops on the pitch.

5 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I think that too was harder than it looked...he had to get lift on the ball and a fraction lower and it's a great goal.

I felt it was a different sort of "Can't buy a goal" game than we have seen in the past...genuine bad luck and absolutely no rub of the green..that of course went to Borussia...terrific break and goal though it was and against that passage of the game...but that's football.

11 minutes ago, chara said:

I think that too was harder than it looked...he had to get lift on the ball and a fraction lower and it's a great goal.

I felt it was a different sort of "Can't buy a goal" game than we have seen in the past...genuine bad luck and absolutely no rub of the green..that of course went to Borussia...terrific break and goal though it was and against that passage of the game...but that's football.

We were unlucky rather than hopeless in front of goal so agree with your assessment, however the goal we conceded, as well as the kid done is an absolutely shocking goal to concede. Pure schoolboy stuff.

I actually thought Kepa could have been quicker off his line and more assertive/aggressive, be interested to hear your take on it. 

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

We were unlucky rather than hopeless in front of goal so agree with your assessment, however the goal we conceded, as well as the kid done is an absolutely shocking goal to concede. Pure schoolboy stuff.

I actually thought Kepa could have been quicker off his line and more assertive/aggressive, be interested to hear your take on it. 

Agree it was schoolboy stuff but at an amazing pace and a classic smash and grab,

I haven't looked back at the goal but I remember at the time thinking Kepa didn't get it quite right although hard to blame him for the goal.

Kepa has never been a "charge the cannons" keeper unlike Mendy on his game..just not his style..during his wandering in the wilderness time I gave up on him for what I considered (easy to do from the couch!) a terrible effort against, strangely enough Soton...came out and totally mis stepped trying to block an effort with his legs when he should have ..imho...just got down hard and fast at the attacker's feet...but that reflects my modest game and "style" so.....

He does look a far better keeper now especially if you can put aside the ridiculous price tag.