Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Just now, Sciatika said:

The BBC's take is that:

Put another way, Hogan made an offer that exceeded the asking price by £11m (allegedly) and now my job is to sell this to LFC fans as a good deal.

God , the bias is so transparent , the head of BBC sport is a scouser so it's to be expected 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

It's not a strange post, other than to you. And that's because you want to believe what you read in the press. Not a 'fact' though, no matter how hard you try to make it one.

Anyway, I'm done here - clearly wasting my time.

It was a strange post.  Not for the first time either. Usually followed by "Anyway I'm done here".  

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

We’re not bro

Oh we are. 

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

Rumors now that Lukaku is wanted by Spurs since Kane is leaving. Would be a huge joy! 

Watch him replace Kane seamlessly and score 30 a season for them. 

58 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Absolutely buzzing for Liverpool press conference bingo later.

"Biggest club in the world"

"As soon as I heard Liverpool were in for me, they were the only choice. I didn't want to go anywhere else." 

"I was a boyhood Liverpool fan."

"The class and history of this massive club is impossible to turn down"

"Kenny Dalglish and Graeme Souness were my idols growing up."

"Klopp has been like a father to me"

"I came here to win the biggest titles'

There are many photos of Chelsea fan Caicedo in a Chelsea shirt as recently as 2021. 

25 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

If I were to say "Marco Verrati" should I get my coat?

He'd be constantly suspended. 

I don't think you can rule us out matching Liverpool's bid. By all accounts personal terms were agreed a while ago and he wanted to come here.

Be an interesting 24 hours, for sure.

What is interesting is the sudden links to Adams and Kepa being linked with Bayern. There is a theory floating around that Pochettino prefers Adams for the role alongside Enzo and has been impressed with Santos and Lesley Ugochukwu so feels they would both benefit being part of the first the squad and will get plenty of game time.

The £90m odd we save on buying Adams instead of Caicedo would allow us to bring in a top level goalkeeper and possibly another attacking player, giving the team a better overall balance.

If there is any truth to this, I'm loving the fact that Pochettino has put his foot down and vetoed the Caicedo deal, for what is, as much as I like him an absurd amount of money.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Remember when we wanted to buy Kane or when we wanted to buy Modric?

They refused to deal with us .

I'm not as churlish as them , £ 100m and he's all yours.

If we were selling him by the pound he’d be worth even more!

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Either of these two would blow out any excitement of Caicedo for me. I would throw Camavigna into the mix too, as I think he is a very good player and probably more attainable.

This is why I could not understand why we were so balls deep on Caicedo. I think three players here at Madrid who are probably all less money, or close to the cost of Caicedo , yet we seem to have no interest and were just targeting one man.

Maybe they are not available, but I struggle to see them all fitting in at Madrid right now.

I'd absolutely love us to get Camavinga. I don't think we could get him though. I reckon we'd have a better shot at Tchouameni but still wouldn't be confident. Would also be delighted with him as a signing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I don't think you can rule us out matching Liverpool's bid. By all accounts personal terms were agreed a while ago and he wanted to come here.

Be an interesting 24 hours, for sure.

What is interesting is the sudden links to Adams and Kepa being linked with Bayern. There is a theory floating around that Pochettino prefers Adams for the role alongside Enzo and has been impressed with Santos and Lesley Ugochukwu so feels they would both benefit being part of the first the squad and will get plenty of game time.

The £90m odd we save on buying Adams instead of Caicedo would allow us to bring in a top level goalkeeper and possibly another attacking player, giving the team a better overall balance.

If there is any truth to this, I'm loving the fact that Pochettino has put his foot down and vetoed the Caicedo deal, for what is, as much as I like him an absurd amount of money.

I think suggesting Poch vetoed the Caicedo deal may be pushing it, we were bidding and bidding high, so they clearly wanted to sign him.

I do however, think that the money saved could end up being used elsewhere now, either another striker or a GK, but as I keep saying I desperately want us to get an experienced head in that midfield, we need it to help guide the younger players and we need someone who can be a bit smarter with game management etc.

• Agree 1

If, and it's a big "if" Caicedo really wanted Chelsea and not Liverpool, Brighton can't dictate where he goes with a made up deadline, if Chelsea match the bid or if Caicedo says he doesn't want to go to Liverpool. 

Just now, Ham said:

If, and it's a big "if" Caicedo really wanted Chelsea and not Liverpool, Brighton can't dictate where he goes with a made up deadline, if Chelsea match the bid or if Caicedo says he doesn't want to go to Liverpool. 

We shouldn't be matching that bid. Its ridiculous!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think suggesting Poch vetoed the Caicedo deal may be pushing it, we were bidding and bidding high, so they clearly wanted to sign him.

I do however, think that the money saved could end up being used elsewhere now, either another striker or a GK, but as I keep saying I desperately want us to get an experienced head in that midfield, we need it to help guide the younger players and we need someone who can be a bit smarter with game management etc.

Maybe, it's pushing it a bit but I've been told that he was never completely sold on Caicedo. As much as I have claimed how perfect he and Enzo are together, there's a fair chance, I'll admit, that Pochettinos knows better.

The idea being that a player like Tyler Adams who is mor of a traditional DM would suit us better and allow us a huge chunk of money to invest elsewhere. It also allows Santos and big Les to be given a proper go.

I don't think it's a coincidence  that yesterday we were heavily linked with Adams. Kepa, out of nowhere suddenly linked with Bayern and then we miss out on Caicedo. If we really wanted Caicedo I don't think we would have not matched Liverpool's bid for the sake of £10m.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

We shouldn't be matching that bid. Its ridiculous!

Whilst almost every cell in my body agrees with you, I can't help but imagine us looking back and regretting it for many years. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I wouldn't call it hubris, rather we weren't prepared to bend over with a smile on our face. I think there has been a collective tendency to build this guy up way beyond his actual ability. In the end it was Liverpool who were prepared to acknowledge the emperor's new clothes. Even if the guy turns out to be decent we shouldn't beat ourselves up. There comes a point where you have to draw a line in the sand.

Superb post. Exactly my thoughts.