Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 minutes ago, Morgs said:

You are definitely someone who sees the world the same way I do.  

It's experience .

I'm still not convinced the league isn't rigged every year by Sky the PGMOL and the Premier League to ensure it remains exciting and competitive and is the "best" product they can sell on.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's experience .

I'm still not convinced the league isn't rigged every year by Sky the PGMOL and the Premier League to ensure it remains exciting and competitive and is the "best" product they can sell on.

But they love Arsenal and look what happened last season. I’m not saying there isn’t bias against us since we upset the apple cart in 2005, but I don’t think it’s fixed.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

But they love Arsenal and look what happened last season. I’m not saying there isn’t bias against us since we upset the apple cart in 2005, but I don’t think it’s fixed.

Arsenal choked it, they didn't get bad decisions. Every time Arsenal were losing, the +8 or +9 went up at The Emirates. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's experience .

I have seen too many VAR "mistakes" and Reffing "errors" to take the view that "it all balances out" and that there is no agenda. 

I think the larger part of it is the power of the media and the desire of the officials to be centre of attention and to cause drama. I also think (charitably, I would say this is mainly subconscious) that Refs read the papers like everyone else and are aware of the "good vs bad" divide.  It cannot help but influence their decisions. Its human. The real question is how far over the subconscious influence does the "good vs bad" agenda extend?

I also think there is an element of outright cheating too.  Match fixing. Betting syndicates in China and so on.  I am 100% convinced it goes on. 

I refuse to accept til the day I die that there is no agenda, because there absolutely is. No rational, sane person can watch the title win Liverpool had during COVID and say with a straight face that they did not benefit inordinately from a whole string of puzzling refereeing decisions in absolutely key areas.  It doesn't balance out. There was an inertia. That's all I can describe it as.  The constant reminding that these millions of "neutrals" (who? I've never met one!!) all want to see Liverpool win it because they deserve it and because they have such a storied history etc.  Everything EVERYTHING went their way. Some was luck, some was other teams just folding when they were playing them because they didn't fancy it and were caught up in the hype as well or had their own issues, but some of it was deliberate, preordained and premediated. I cannot and will not accept that this wasn't the case. 

I don't think it is as overt and all-powerful as some of the wilder conspiracy theories like to make out but I do think it is a multi-faceted beast and that the betting syndicates have vastly more power over results than people realise. 

There seems to be this arrogance that "it could never happen in the Prem, it could never happen in England" as if we haven't had match fixing trials before, and as if Serie A hasn't been riddled with it from top to bottom for a decade or more that we know of.  It would seem churlish and naïve to suggest it cannot happen and isn't happening here. Question is just to what extent. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

They do realise Caicedo is well within his rights to just decline the offer from Liverpool, don't they?

It's such a mess. Why didn't Liverpool just stay out of it? 

This is what I don’t get. Why do Brighton think they can strike a deal that only  suits them but not the player? It’s like they want to screw us over first and don’t give a toss what the player wants. They really are a shitty little club. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Off topic but watching pressers on SSN, is there a more punchable face in football right now than that smug shit Arteta? 

When he's bought another keeper for silly money , has spent and spent again and they don't win jack , it will make it all the more hilarious when they sack him.

A poor mans Roberto Martinez 

If was made of ice cream he'd lick himself to death 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Remember when we wanted to buy Kane or when we wanted to buy Modric?

They refused to deal with us .

I'm not as churlish as them , £ 100m and he's all yours.

Mark..Chelsea can't afford to give Spuds that much to take Luka.

• Haha 3

Getting up to 102 pages of transfer angst has exhausted me!

Media Buffoonery and it's "Greatest Hits"...I may have missed something but although there appears to be..I'm not sure though.. Liverpool comment throughout the Homer like saga I don't recall reading any official Brighton/Chelsea comments or figures...help me anyone?

Oh and I feel justified in fast tracking @Morgs to the "Bad Boys" corner of the Forum..th😁anks  M

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

Brighton take one too many liberties/risks selling their best players and get relegated

Regardless of the sales, they will be gone in the next couple seasons, and their chairman will be on the cover of Forbes. 😀