Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Latest rumours...

Brighton will ONLY sell Caicedo to Liverpool and will reject any other offers.

B&HA claim that they were very clear that midnight last night was the deadline for bids and they would accept the highest bid that reached or went beyond their minimum threshold.  Liverpool bid £110/£111 million (take your pick depending on source) which was accepted.  Chelsea bid £100m  & Bayern Munich £90m.  Those bids were rejected.

Caicedo has told both Liverpool and B&HA that he only wants to move to Chelsea. It was reported by one source that he cleared his locker the other day and had booked into a plush London hotel.

In his press conference earlier today, de Zerbi said “I’ve already forgotten Moises.”

One or more parties are going to have to back down.

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Latest rumours...

Brighton will ONLY sell Caicedo to Liverpool and will reject any other offers.

B&HA claim that they were very clear that midnight last night was the deadline for bids and they would accept the highest bid that reached or went beyond their minimum threshold.  Liverpool bid £110/£111 million (take your pick depending on source) which was accepted.  Chelsea bid £100m  & Bayern Munich £90m.  Those bids were rejected.

Caicedo has told both Liverpool and B&HA that he only wants to move to Chelsea. It was reported by one source that he cleared his locker the other day and had booked into a plush London hotel.

In his press conference earlier today, de Zerbi said “I’ve already forgotten Moises.”

One or more parties are going to have to back down.

How does that work? How can Brighton force a player to go to a club against his will when he has an offer and personal terms from another club who are willing to match the higher bid? What legal standing is there in this auction process they dreamed up? I mean, we’d like to sell Lukaku to the Saudis for 50m but we can’t compel him to go. Do Brighton think Caicedo is cattle to be traded at their whim? What a shoddy little club. 

13 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

How does that work? How can Brighton force a player to go to a club against his will when he has an offer and personal terms from another club who are willing to match the higher bid? What legal standing is there in this auction process they dreamed up? I mean, we’d like to sell Lukaku to the Saudis for 50m but we can’t compel him to go. Do Brighton think Caicedo is cattle to be traded at their whim? What a shoddy little club. 

They can’t, but they can stop him going to certain clubs if they just refuse the offers… be a pretty crappy move though.

27 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Brighton can choose to accept and reject whatever bid they want. If Caicedo is really clear he won't go to Liverpool, though, and Chelsea make a bid they consider reasonable, they'll sell. Anyone but the most petty and most poorly run clubs would. And that isn't Brighton. There's no way back for him at Brighton and I daresay they'd just rather have the money at this point, so we'll get him if we bid the amount they want.

I think lots of these rumours are rubbish, though. I can't see we have the money to be doing all of the things we're reportedly doing.

10 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Brighton can choose to accept and reject whatever bid they want. If Caicedo is really clear he won't go to Liverpool, though, and Chelsea make a bid they consider reasonable, they'll sell. Anyone but the most petty and most poorly run clubs would. And that isn't Brighton. There's no way back for him at Brighton and I daresay they'd just rather have the money at this point, so we'll get him if we bid the amount they want.

I think lots of these rumours are rubbish, though. I can't see we have the money to be doing all of the things we're reportedly doing.

Unless we sell Colwill for £150m

I'm just kidding 😂 

• Haha 2

Just seen someone on X say what a story it will be for Harry Kane to get a three year deal at Munich, win the league a couple of times, cap it with the Champions league and return to Spurs a hero and lead them back into the Premier league. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

So it’s going to be Caicedo and Lavia? If so, we have a very young, unproven, inexperienced and really expensive set of CMs for this season.

A double presentation before the game would be sublime. 

Maybe Jim Bowen could introduce them with some kind of catchphrase 🤔

• Haha 3

I’d rather Olise, Caicedo and Adams than Olise, Caicedo and Lavia, personally.

In actual fact i’d rather Olise, Caicedo and Gallagher but looks like Conor is on his way.

I do wonder if Gallagher and Ugochukwu (and Chalobah, Ziyech, Lukaku, Cucurella?) have been offered to Brighton to try to lower the overall fee and that’s why negotiations took so long. 

Gallagher would be an unbelievable signing for them. I even think Ziyech would do well there as well. 

33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Brighton have managed to go right to the top of my sh*t-list with the way they've conducted themselves this close season, first we had their designs on Colwill and now this farcical transfer saga. 

They're really not as nice as they like to portray themselves. 

Hope they go down / bust. 

I love how you don’t hold grudges, Mr K 🤣💙

52 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Brighton have managed to go right to the top of my sh*t-list with the way they've conducted themselves this close season, first we had their designs on Colwill and now this farcical transfer saga. 

I think we would do ourselves a disservice if we added Brighton to the likes of Spuds, Leeds or Pool. They're of no consequences to us whatsoever and are highly unlikely to become so. Pay the money, walk away and stuff them on the pitch, then watch as they get relegated in a couple of years. Seagulls, rats of the sky. A very apt nickname.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Should the club sign cadeido then Tony Bloom is a modern day Robin Hood

And you know what that leaves TBSD as 😀