Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 hours ago, martin1905 said:

So, looks like a lot will get their wish regarding Kepa.

Ironic that it looks likely he will end up at Real Madrid, not sure how that's happened considering how poor he is.

Oh well, at least he will finally be gone and we can get a proper keeper in, at last...........

Indeed, AT LAST! Now we can only hope the club has learnt from that very expensive mistake and finds someone that’s an improvement. But if Kepa was as good as some of you on here wants us to believe the club would never have entertained this idea in the first place. The world record goalie is allowed to leave on loan with two years remaining. That says everything you need to know. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Inter are out.  Juve now appear to be out unless it's a swap deal. Nobody else in Europe will touch him. Levy wouldn't be insane enough.

It'll be very interesting to see whether a season with the reserves would test his resolve or whether he'd take the Saudi money.

Assuming he was initially actually willing to see out his time with the reserves it would also be interesting to see whether all parties would be forced into some kind of compromise.

Would he issue a heartfelt apology on bended knees to the club and fans? Would the club see playing him as the only viable option with a view to getting him hopefully scoring for us whilst at the same time putting him in the shop window?

PSG have today reached some kind of agreement with Mbappe after previously threatening him with a year in the reserves. 

Money talks. 

Let him rot in the reserves until he bends over and takes the oil money. His career as a respectable player is over. Early, much like Hazard. Their attitude isn’t what it should be, much like a large slice of the golden Belgian generation. 

• Agree 2

Great to beat Liverpool to Caicedo, shame it dragged on for months and we’ve basically been fleeced, but unquestionably a great addition to the team. Not quite sure why we need Lavia though, Ugochukwu is a similar age and I’d just let Poch work with him. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Great to beat Liverpool to Caicedo, shame it dragged on for months and we’ve basically been fleeced, but unquestionably a great addition to the team. Not quite sure why we need Lavia though, Ugochukwu is a similar age and I’d just let Poch work with him. 

Premier League ready I guess.

Caicedo is incredible! Up the Chels!

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I leave for the airport in about 30 mins, I am hoping that by the time I’ve flown to my sunny destination that both Caicedo and Lavia have been signed, sealed and delivered!

Well.You can piss off with your optimism - and I hope it rains constantly.😃.

Have a wonderful time mate.

• Haha 2

* Ziyech needs a sale

* Lukaku needs a sale and more or less has to take the Saudi money now

* Chalobah to whoever will pay 45m+ for him, otherwise keep him

* Olise from Palace

* A new number one keeper 

* If possible get 25m-ish from Newcastle or whoever for Cucurella.  

* A new striker as well if there is time?

Which would leave us as:

(NEW KEEPER)

SANCHEZ

BETTINELLI

JAMES 

GUSTO

DISASI

W FOFANA

SILVA 

COLWILL

BADIASHILE

CHILWELL

MAATSEN

ENZO

CAICEDO

SANTOS

LAVIA

CHUKWUEMEKA

OLISE

NKUNKU

MUDRYK

STERLING

MADUEKE

JACKSON

BURSTOW

(NEW STRIKER) 

You'd have to say that looks very compelling indeed doesn't it? 

• Love 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Rick1977 said:

Although I think Man City are way ahead because Haaland is so good. If we get this squad I genuinely believe 2nd is possible. 

Big ask as Le Arse will have everyone and their dog bending over for them and Refs falling over themselves to give them the breaks as they were "so unlucky" last season. (read: bottled it). 

We saw it the season the scousers won it during Covid - they came close the season before and there was this feeling they were robbed (how ironic!! 😆) and that a great wrong needed righting when they won it. Eveyone just bent over for them, Refs were borderline farcical in their decisions in their favour and the media fervour more or less preordained that "it was their year".

I hope I am wrong but I suspect it will be like this for Arsenal this season. We just need to trust in Agents Jorginho and Havertz that they can stroll around and make enough mistakes to derail their bid. Lets hope so. 

I think top four is attainable for us this season, for sure. Beyond that who knows? 

Edited by Morgs